Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Darth Fox

Romanov @ Hearts

Is this bloke on crack, how can he say these things after the 3 he sacked led them to unbeaten and top of the SPL.

Hearts News

The people of Edinburgh deserve all they get for letting him have the club in the first place. Great reference he's given them all. Be interesting to see how he justified his remarks in a court.

Is this bloke on crack, how can he say these things after the 3 he sacked led them to unbeaten and top of the SPL.

Hearts News

I remember a club very close to home that was sat at the top of the Premiership but was in exactly the same situation except it it was being run by a clueless manager and controlled by a bunch of idiots who nearly finished the club!!!

don't get me wrong I think Romanov is a bit of a nutter but things aren't always how they look on the outside

Romanov is a joke. Utter arrogance, and a complete lack of understanding of football. I'm sure many Hearts fans would be happy to see him run over (but not killed) by a bus.

He replaced George Burley with Graham Rix.

I'll repeat that in bold type...

He replaced George Burley with Graham Rix.

Up the Hibs. 20-1 for the title. Worth a shufty. ;)

I remember a club very close to home that was sat at the top of the Premiership but was in exactly the same situation except it it was being run by a clueless manager and controlled by a bunch of idiots who nearly finished the club!!!

don't get me wrong I think Romanov is a bit of a nutter but things aren't always how they look on the outside

Took me a while to work out who you were referring to there :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

I'm a jambo who, for obvious reasons, has kept an eye on ure lot down there

I'm gonna forgive your ignorance on this topic- don;t expect you to know all the details, but I doubt you'l find a single Jambo who wants Romanov run over by a bus, chased out or anything else

If not for Romanov, our club would be on its knees just now. We would have had to sell tynecastle over the summer (wouldnt have covered all the debts), we'd have lost our international 4some for pennies, our crowds would be next to nothing due to watching a crap team (we wouldnt have been able to compete with Gretna financially) in a soul-less, barely populated 60,000 stadium at Murrayfied.

We were dying guys, I appreciate what you're saying, but until our club nearly dies again you're gonna see Romanov gettin a LOT of support

This seasons kinda fallin apart, but we have quality players- for those who scoff, i give you Jankauskas and Fyssas, (Champions League and European Champion respectively), Roman Bednar, the best young prospect in Czech Republic and of course, Rudi Skacel, formerly of Marseille and Panathenaikos and our top scorer with 14 from midfield, with more to come in January

Vlad for King!

Hi guys

I'm a jambo who, for obvious reasons, has kept an eye on ure lot down there

I'm gonna forgive your ignorance on this topic- don;t expect you to know all the details, but I doubt you'l find a single Jambo who wants Romanov run over by a bus, chased out or anything else

If not for Romanov, our club would be on its knees just now. We would have had to sell tynecastle over the summer (wouldnt have covered all the debts), we'd have lost our international 4some for pennies, our crowds would be next to nothing due to watching a crap team (we wouldnt have been able to compete with Gretna financially) in a soul-less, barely populated 60,000 stadium at Murrayfied.

We were dying guys, I appreciate what you're saying, but until our club nearly dies again you're gonna see Romanov gettin a LOT of support

This seasons kinda fallin apart, but we have quality players- for those who scoff, i give you Jankauskas and Fyssas, (Champions League and European Champion respectively), Roman Bednar, the best young prospect in Czech Republic and of course, Rudi Skacel, formerly of Marseille and Panathenaikos and our top scorer with 14 from midfield, with more to come in January

Vlad for King!

Agreed but sacking Burley and replacing him with Rix is shocking and will be your downfall this season. Romanov might have rescued you but that doesn't make him immune from criticism. With Burley still manager i'd have no doubt you'd still be top of the league, where as now I think you'll struggle to finish 3rd unless something changes drastically. I'm all for giving managers a chance but after reading numerous stuff about Hearts from your fans it doesn't seem your prepared to give Rix a chance and that won't help either. Either Rix goes asap or your fans get behind him and hope to dear god that it all sorts itself out and you clinch a european spot because it's got to be the best chance any club out of the OF has had of getting in to the Champions League for years!!!

Agreed but sacking Burley and replacing him with Rix is shocking and will be your downfall this season. Romanov might have rescued you but that doesn't make him immune from criticism. With Burley still manager i'd have no doubt you'd still be top of the league, where as now I think you'll struggle to finish 3rd unless something changes drastically. I'm all for giving managers a chance but after reading numerous stuff about Hearts from your fans it doesn't seem your prepared to give Rix a chance and that won't help either. Either Rix goes asap or your fans get behind him and hope to dear god that it all sorts itself out and you clinch a european spot because it's got to be the best chance any club out of the OF has had of getting in to the Champions League for years!!!

agree with u on many points here. aye it looks like it COULD be fecked for this year, but thats a very short term view. Whatever happened with burley was a feck up, but we would never have got burley in the first place without romanov so its a bit of a moot point.

Also, wait to see our January signings, then tell me the wheels have come off ;)

The bottom line? Without Romanov we'd be lucky to be in existence just now, let alone the top half of the table.

The main point is this- Hearts are a big club. This might not ring true south of the border, but this is a club who pulled quarter of a million people into the streets of edinburgh to celebrate when we finally won something in 1998. Romanov is trying to build this club and thats a long term vision- its not just on field things have changed, we now have a structure at the club second to none in terms of top class staff (for example we've poached Rangers' general secretary Campbell Ogilvie and PR guru David Southern), training facilities, etc

We would never have had the finances, let alone the vision to do this previously and thats why Romanov IS immune. for now anyway :)

We don't have to sell players and replace them with diddies any more. Do you have any idea of what tht's like after an entire lifetime of watching other teams cherry pick your best players for pennies?

it would be bad if we didnt make europe this season but it wouldnt be a disaster.

It WOULD be a disaster if Romanov walked away and pulled the plug. We would go to the wall, end of.

Put yourself in our situation- could you bring yourself to go against him when you know he wants exactly the same as you- long term success for Hearts- and he has the money to acheive it?

With Romanov, Hearts have a chance of a very exciting future. We'd love it ll to happen this season but maybe it'll take a year or two to find some stability. Let's not forget the man hasn't hd 12 months at the helm yet, and yet the difference in our club is unbelievable. We're gutted at being in 2nd just now FFS!

BUT it's nice to be noticed and I'm glad we're able to have an intelligent conversation about it. When are your lot comin up for a friendly so we can say hello to Craigy and the boys?

P.S. What's the views on Levein just now? Still highly regarded here, be careful what you say! :)

agree with u on many points here. aye it looks like it COULD be fecked for this year, but thats a very short term view. Whatever happened with burley was a feck up, but we would never have got burley in the first place without romanov so its a bit of a moot point.

Also, wait to see our January signings, then tell me the wheels have come off ;)

The bottom line? Without Romanov we'd be lucky to be in existence just now, let alone the top half of the table.

The main point is this- Hearts are a big club. This might not ring true south of the border, but this is a club who pulled quarter of a million people into the streets of edinburgh to celebrate when we finally won something in 1998. Romanov is trying to build this club and thats a long term vision- its not just on field things have changed, we now have a structure at the club second to none in terms of top class staff (for example we've poached Rangers' general secretary Campbell Ogilvie and PR guru David Southern), training facilities, etc

We would never have had the finances, let alone the vision to do this previously and thats why Romanov IS immune. for now anyway :)

We don't have to sell players and replace them with diddies any more. Do you have any idea of what tht's like after an entire lifetime of watching other teams cherry pick your best players for pennies?

it would be bad if we didnt make europe this season but it wouldnt be a disaster.

It WOULD be a disaster if Romanov walked away and pulled the plug. We would go to the wall, end of.

Put yourself in our situation- could you bring yourself to go against him when you know he wants exactly the same as you- long term success for Hearts- and he has the money to acheive it?

With Romanov, Hearts have a chance of a very exciting future. We'd love it ll to happen this season but maybe it'll take a year or two to find some stability. Let's not forget the man hasn't hd 12 months at the helm yet, and yet the difference in our club is unbelievable. We're gutted at being in 2nd just now FFS!

BUT it's nice to be noticed and I'm glad we're able to have an intelligent conversation about it. When are your lot comin up for a friendly so we can say hello to Craigy and the boys?

P.S. What's the views on Levein just now? Still highly regarded here, be careful what you say! :)

I've always had a soft spot for Hearts even before Levein came here, Hearts have been the team i've followed north of the border. I agree you are a big club and so you should be really as your club belongs to a massive city.

I hope Hearts sort it out and you seriously challenge the OF for years to come, but the SPL seems to be a strange old league and there aren't many clubs in that league that have a decent long term plan or security.

I've always had a soft spot for Hearts even before Levein came here, Hearts have been the team i've followed north of the border. I agree you are a big club and so you should be really as your club belongs to a massive city.

I hope Hearts sort it out and you seriously challenge the OF for years to come, but the SPL seems to be a strange old league and there aren't many clubs in that league that have a decent long term plan or security.

well thanks man i hope that too. i think that hearts coud be heading towards much greater stability. romanov will de-list from the stock exchange in january meaning that he owns the club and invest what he wants without constricting rules.

last season a game against inverness got a 7000 crowd. this season the home part was full as it has been all season minimum 16 thousand crowds (17 thousand stadium just now but some space in away end)

romanov wants to build a new main stand to increase capacity, allow european competition (right now our pitch is too small and there is no more scope for extending it) and a winning team to get the punters in, to get the businesses of edinburgh (3rd or 4th financial centre in europe!) interested with sponsorship of the stadium earnarked to slowly pay off the clubs current debt, which isnt under threat as its now underwritten by romanovs bank

romanovs companies can make a fortune in the new eastern europe - western markets trade route IF he makes a success of this and shows hes a man who can get results

as hes a guy whos done what hes done so far, im prepared to dream, and even a little part of me really believes!

Archived