Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

TV's

On 26/03/2023 at 22:44, weller54 said:

Thanks...

Always had Philips and I would miss the ambilight now! So I'm a bit snookered.

I love my Sonos audio too so it looks like the 907 is out.

Perhaps I'll go for the 807?

First world problems 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, weller54 said:

Assume you like to hear premium audio?

A top end TV gives you a premium viewing experience.

Simple as that really.

I think it might be a bit wasted on me, especially given that our telly is mostly used for the PlayStation and Married at First Sight: Australia

• Haha 1

On 28/03/2023 at 17:22, weller54 said:

Bought the Philips 55oled807 today and pleased with it.

Bought from Richer Sounds for £1299...

6 year warranty.

Looked at the LG which was smart!!

...but can't be without ambilight 😁!!

Fair enough.  Richer Sounds is the place to go though so that's a great choice there imo lol

11 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Enjoy your new toy!

It'll seem like a really dumb question but as someone that has only ever had pretty crap TVs in grand scheme of things (my Samsung smart TV cost £350 9 years ago), what's the benefit in buying expensive ones?

I know quite a few people with massive TVs but not really premium models.

I ask this as someone who's spent a lot on audio kit (£100 on speaker cable being the last thing I bought) but the world of posh tellies is a bit of a mystery to me. Perhaps for the sake of my bank balance it should stay that way

It depends on what you use it for.  The LG C2 for instance is one of the best TVs you can buy for gaming as well as offering a superb picture for TV watching.  In terms of value for money, one of the best currently on the market at the £1k+ bracket.  The app support may not be as good as Samsung for instance but I would always go for LG over Samsung due to superior picture quality.  The next person will say Sony TVs look better.  Personally I think they look slightly dull on blacks but each to their own.  

Bottom line is if you buy a TV at £1k+ you will notice the picture quality over a sub £500 screen regardless of the make.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Fair enough.  Richer Sounds is the place to go though so that's a great choice there imo lol

It depends on what you use it for.  The LG C2 for instance is one of the best TVs you can buy for gaming as well as offering a superb picture for TV watching.  In terms of value for money, one of the best currently on the market at the £1k+ bracket.  The app support may not be as good as Samsung for instance but I would always go for LG over Samsung due to superior picture quality.  The next person will say Sony TVs look better.  Personally I think they look slightly dull on blacks but each to their own.  

Bottom line is if you buy a TV at £1k+ you will notice the picture quality over a sub £500 screen regardless of the make.

Guy at Richer Sounds told me that LG supply pretty much all of the leading brands (including Philips) with the oled screens. It's just add ons by different manufacturers (like ambilight for example) that may sway you one way or the other.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Guy at Richer Sounds told me that LG supply pretty much all of the leading brands (including Philips) with the oled screens. It's just add ons by different manufacturers (like ambilight for example) that may sway you one way or the other.

The guys at Richer Sounds know their stuff.  They will always give you the right advice based on what your needs are.  Certain other outlets (not looking at Currys :ph34r:) not so much!

• Like 1