Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PL & FA toallow clubs to sign between two and four players who are ineligible for work permits under the current rules?

Just now, Molson Canadian said:

Interesting update about transfer fees. 

UEFA has just confirmed decision that for FFP a player's transfer fee can be spread out for a maximum of five years even if the player's contract is longer. (Will not be backdated so Chelsea's longer-term player contracts are ok)

If ever we needed proof that the tail does indeed wag the dog. :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Looks like Opoku will spend the season with OHL 

Really thought we'd have a look at him this pre-season and perhaps that was the initial plan as they've been back training a few weeks and he hasn't done.

Interesting.

That also means we've used our 2 non-work permit slots on players unlikely to play for us this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

That also means we've used our 2 non-work permit slots on players unlikely to play for us this season.

Could that not be the very reason for leaving him at OHL?

As Opoku’s signing and that loan agreement with OHL was done prior to that rule coming into place, it wouldn’t be retrofitted to the new rule unless we changed the original terms of that agreement (E.g recalled him from the loan and sent him back out under fresh terms) if that makes sense?

Under that thinking, if we leave him where he is we have another slot free for another player to and can decide what to do with Opoku next summer re. bringing him into the squad. No idea tbf, all guesswork.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Really thought we'd have a look at him this pre-season and perhaps that was the initial plan as they've been back training a few weeks and he hasn't done.

Interesting.

Will double check later but I think we get 4 don’t we?

9 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Could that not be the very reason for leaving him at OHL?

As Opoku’s signing and that loan agreement with OHL was done prior to that rule coming into place, it wouldn’t be retrofitted to the new rule unless we changed the original terms of that agreement (E.g recalled him from the loan and sent him back out under fresh terms) if that makes sense?

Under that thinking, if we leave him where he is we have another slot free for another player to and can decide what to do with Opoku next summer re. bringing him into the squad. No idea tbf, all guesswork.

Opoku went on loan until the end of last season. As of last week he wasn't back with Leuven but seems to have rejoined them now. This will be a new loan deal as of July 1st.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Will double check later but I think we get 4 don’t we?

It's dependent on the number of English players and the minutes they played last season I think? I'm not sure we're where we stand on that, hope we get 4.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Opoku went on loan until the end of last season. As of last week he wasn't back with Leuven but seems to have rejoined them now. This will be a new loan deal as of July 1st.

Fair play, I thought he’d signed for 18-months straight like Sowah. Assumed it would be a similar arrangement to that.

In that case then, I’d agree with you that we have two players under the new rule who we won’t use in the first team squad which could well be an opportunity missed.