Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PL & FA toallow clubs to sign between two and four players who are ineligible for work permits under the current rules?

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This is the greatest piece of news I've read in 2023.

Bigger (and better) clubs will benefit even more from this than us, I feel.

It does give us more of an opportunity to find a 'gem' though.

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maybe but there has been a disadvantage to EFL clubs who find it harder and harder to recruit from overseas. They are more likely to recruit from Scandinavia or 2nd divisions in top 5 European leagues etc than PL clubs will.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They have to satisfy the game time home grown and are less likely to be in the market for players who can’t get work permits

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

...totally spot on, this is all relative, we do not get a jump start from this!!!

This will all come back to having someone at the helm, capable of bringing these players in, just how confident are we that Rudkin will be able to take advantage of this?

We should have been looking into these markets previously, it was always going to be the preferred destination (South America) to bring in talent, but due to Brexit, we are going to find ourselves pretty much back of the queue with this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, lfu said:

I think we are going to sign Dario Osorio. Under previous rules it would have been tricky to get him, but now with this news we could play right away. That's assuming other clubs don't have the same idea.

Brighton have exploited South America over the past 3 years with some amazing signings. There will be a flood of South American players coming over to the league now. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think we are going to sign Dario Osorio. Under previous rules it would have been tricky to get him, but now with this news we could play right away. That's assuming other clubs don't have the same idea.

Brighton have exploited South America over the past 3 years with some amazing signings. There will be a flood of South American players coming over to the league now. 

With the amount of teams from each country that make continental competitions I don't think it would actually be that hard currently anyway. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Give me a breakdown on Mueanta Ric…. Know nothing of the lad, right down to his position! 

I don't know much about him either. Although this has been written about him recently.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://footballtalentscout.net/2023/06/07/suphanat-mueanta-the-first-thai-wonderkid-by-haydn-chapman-taylor/&ved=2ahUKEwiLluvS1MT_AhUUh1wKHaeCAEsQFnoECFkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0_JQmwcQd2v9g5XmV7F-Ho

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@moore_94

Any ideas how this works? For example if clubs are allowed a maximum of 4 that didn't qualify for a work permit, is that until 1 or more is sold or can others be added to the squad once 1 or more qualifies for a work permit?

E.G if Opoku went on loan again this season and came back for the 2024/25 season he'd qualify and therefore not count in our quota? 

If its not and you have to sell them, I can see a right money making situation with the elite clubs.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

@moore_94

Any ideas how this works? For example if clubs are allowed a maximum of 4 that didn't qualify for a work permit, is that until 1 or more is sold or can others be added to the squad once 1 or more qualifies for a work permit?

E.G if Opoku went on loan again this season and came back for the 2024/25 season he'd qualify and therefore not count in our quota? 

If its not and you have to sell them, I can see a right money making situation with the elite clubs.

So at any one time you can only have 4 ESC players total - ESC is the term given to these players, it stands for Elite Significant Contribution player

Even if that ESC player is out on loan, they still occupy an ESC spot at the parent club, so for example Opoku would still count towards our limit of 4 even if he is out on loan at Leuven

12 months after a player is granted to be an ESC, we can then apply to transition them to a non-ESC player and get them an actual work permit, after which that ESC spot would open up again

We could have Opoku here next season or at Leuven, he smashes it and plays regularly for us, he then gets a work permit next summer and we can sign someone else to take his freed up ESC spot

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

So at any one time you can only have 4 ESC players total - ESC is the term given to these players, it stands for Elite Significant Contribution player

Even if that ESC player is out on loan, they still occupy an ESC spot at the parent club, so for example Opoku would still count towards our limit of 4 even if he is out on loan at Leuven

12 months after a player is granted to be an ESC, we can then apply to transition them to a non-ESC player and get them an actual work permit, after which that ESC spot would open up again

We could have Opoku here next season or at Leuven, he smashes it and plays regularly for us, he then gets a work permit next summer and we can sign someone else to take his freed up ESC spot

Do you have an idea on how many ESC players we would be entitled to?

Would it be the max of four or two-three?