Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SkidsFox

The Gordon Milne book.

Took us up to the top flight in his first season & kept us there,  just.  I remember his time at the club (first season excepted) as being a bit of a struggle.

Will never make onto either of the 'Best manager' or 'Worst manager' lists.

Good to know he's still alive & kicking at 86 years old.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, boots60 said:

Took us up to the top flight in his first season & kept us there,  just.  I remember his time at the club (first season excepted) as being a bit of a struggle.

Will never make onto either of the 'Best manager' or 'Worst manager' lists.

Good to know he's still alive & kicking at 86 years old.

Was in the Directors Box at the Coventry home game. His eyebrows are still there in full Denis Healey glory as well!

2 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Price of a new hardback these days. 

There again, how much does a round of 5 beers cost? Or a matchday ticket... All relative I suppose. I stick to coffee in Wetherspoons nowadays...

Not quite normally around  £20 at most. You can normally pick them up on ebay for around a fiver within a few months in most cases.

16 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Not quite normally around  £20 at most. You can normally pick them up on ebay for around a fiver within a few months in most cases.

It's quite common for a new hardback, even a biography, to have a RRP of £22 to £30 or so. For example the new Haaland is £22, a bio of Dickens (by H Kelly) has a RRP of £25, the Fonz book is RRP £22. Of course where you may be right is that big sellers, such as WH Smith, Amazon or Waterstone will negotiate big discounts with the publisher, so they can sell for less and still make a good profit. The smaller bookshop does not have that bargaining power, but will try and get booksigning events so they can sell at RRP and earn the money to pay their rent.