Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Have you played in team sports? Who your captain is can make a big difference on and off the field, especially with a talented group of young players in the squad. 

Yes I have. 

Don't think it makes any difference. 

Leaders are leaders with or without armbands.

Posted
Just now, CornwallFox said:

Yes I have. 

Don't think it makes any difference. 

Leaders are leaders with or without armbands.

Agree to disagree then. Of course you can have leaders without the armband, but I still wouldn't have had anyone other than Wes Morgan as Captain during our Premier League win. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Agree to disagree then. Of course you can have leaders without the armband, but I still wouldn't have had anyone other than Wes Morgan as Captain during our Premier League win. 

Agree to disagree is fair my man.

If Huth had worn the armband would it have been different?

Who knows. 

We can but speculate.

Posted
20 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I am not convinced Souttar is that happy to still be here and playing in League 1, but for that reason I would actually give him the Captain's armband, as it might give him that extra bit of motivation to settle down now and set an example for others. 

Chaplin is a decent shout too, and I don't actually believe he will be a sick note type player as others are presuming, and so will play plenty of games for us. Either are good, but Souttar gets the nod from me. 

What makes you think Souttar isn’t happy to still be here? 

Posted
2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

What makes you think Souttar isn’t happy to still be here? 

Percy reported in August that Souttar had informed Leicester of his desire to leave, and just my own impression of someone who Captained Australia in the World Cup, now playing in League 1. 

He may have already made peace with it, but I still think giving him the Captain's armband, which he reportedly excelled in the role for Australia, could help his motivation for being here - being club Captain is still a big honour. 

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Percy reported in August that Souttar had informed Leicester of his desire to leave, and just my own impression of someone who Captained Australia in the World Cup, now playing in League 1. 

He may have already made peace with it, but I still think giving him the Captain's armband, which he reportedly excelled in the role for Australia, could help his motivation for being here - being club Captain is still a big honour. 

Russell Martin has said repeatedly that Souttar has not once told Leicester he wants to leave, most recently in last Friday’s press conference. Martin seems pretty clear about only picking players who want to be here. Those who wanted to leave—Faes and Mavididi in particular—were left of the squad entirely while Souttar was picked and chosen as captain while Chaplin wasn’t playing. 
 

I agree he’d he a good choice now, particularly as he’s a guaranteed starter when fit, which may not be the case with Chaplin. I’m just not convinced he has a motivation problem that needs addressing.

 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Russell Martin has said repeatedly that Souttar has not once told Leicester he wants to leave, most recently in last Friday’s press conference. Martin seems pretty clear about only picking players who want to be here. Those who wanted to leave—Faes and Mavididi in particular—were left of the squad entirely while Souttar was picked and chosen as captain while Chaplin wasn’t playing. 
 

I agree he’d he a good choice now, particularly as he’s a guaranteed starter when fit, which may not be the case with Chaplin. I’m just not convinced he has a motivation problem that needs addressing.

 

I read that too, but I suspect Souttar did have desires to leave especially with strong interest from Sheffield United early on, but RM probably convinced him otherwise since. I was actually pretty shocked how poor he was in first couple of games, but hope he really steps up now and stands out as the best CB in the league, which he really should be at this level. Who do we partner him with though? O'Hora or Kangasniemi? Do we sit Faes and Okoli out until January if they stay? Not ideal. 

Posted

Martin said he’d wait till after the window to pick his captain. The only 1st team players who’s been captain who had a chance of leaving was Souttar so to me it’s as plain as day - Souttar is our captain. He’s been absolutely praising his attitude aswell

Posted

O'Hora straight off the bat in his press release making Captain sort of noises, "hate losing". Previous with manager at MK when Lewington was oot.

Posted

Between his social media posts today and him being pitch side at full time on Tuesday night, I’m pretty sure Chaplin knows it’s his gig. 

  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...