Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
reynard

Should the Board resign?

The fact is that Tim davies although a fan should not be running this football club, because he has never worked in the football industry before he came here. Nigel Doughty who is in charge of Forest said that football was the hardest industry he has ever worked in and that in order to be successful you need to have a good knowledge of football. Tim doesn't have that. Doughty was a hugely successful buisness man and is worth millions and for him to say that must mean a hell of a lot. Now I am going to get crucified for saying this. Paul Mace has worked in football all his life. He understands the game and was the one who advised martin George to appoint O'Neill. He was effectively forced out of the club by Davies, because Davies was unable to work with other people. Now, Paul Mace would have had a big say if he was in charge and I know for a fact that some of the signings would not have been made. It is a great shame that he left, because there is no understanding of how football works on that board. Birch suprisingly (having spoken to him about this topic on a few occasions) comes across as very knowlegable about this topic.

Therefore I do not think that Tim Davies is fit to run a football club. he may come across as nice and genuine and honest, but he has neither the football brain or the toughness to run a football club. He is too weak. Him and the chairman do not run this club correctly. I think he should be gotten rid of and someone who is not a fan and a tough sports type of person should eb put in charge. Tim Davies is simply not strong enough to run a football club.

Now I am going to get crucified by the Foxes Trust.

The FT and davies are big buddies. Davies uses FT, and because ft dont know any different, they accept it because they think its the best way to get their foot in the door.

The ft dont need davies, davies is just a yes man, he just panders to current popularity. That was expossed when davies allowed all sth`s to be discriminated against via the cheap ticket idea. Not all sth`s wanted this policy.

Ive tried to explain to ft, that they will never get us the fans running our club without financial clout, which is very unlikely to happen. Pandering to davies`s back pocket, is a dead end ideology.

Would the fans back a new wave of thought, fronted by a fans forum (FT)? Would the fans back a backlash against the current regime? Would the fans back a non financial take over of their club? Is it possible? If the fans TOLD the club we dont want your regime, would the club (board) accept defeat? They cannot run it alone, they need us.

Or isnt things as bad as we think? Dont we care generally, who really runs our club, as long as the birch comes out at half time with a few kids, and grins. That the mockery and radio leicester will pander to lcfc. Do the players play for the club, or themselves?

The fans are the ones that FUND all this, we must like it right?

Are we scared to speak out? dynamit_foxes isnt, are you? Do you think your alone, and that no one will back you, or people will laugh? Who cares? Speak up?? Say something? Show your hunger, desire, passion for your club? Or doesnt it matter?

The FT and davies are big buddies. Davies uses FT, and because ft dont know any different, they accept it because they think its the best way to get their foot in the door.

The ft dont need davies, davies is just a yes man, he just panders to current popularity. That was expossed when davies allowed all sth`s to be discriminated against via the cheap ticket idea. Not all sth`s wanted this policy.

Ive tried to explain to ft, that they will never get us the fans running our club without financial clout, which is very unlikely to happen. Pandering to davies`s back pocket, is a dead end ideology.

Would the fans back a new wave of thought, fronted by a fans forum (FT)? Would the fans back a backlash against the current regime? Would the fans back a non financial take over of their club? Is it possible? If the fans TOLD the club we dont want your regime, would the club (board) accept defeat? They cannot run it alone, they need us.

Or isnt things as bad as we think? Dont we care generally, who really runs our club, as long as the birch comes out at half time with a few kids, and grins. That the mockery and radio leicester will pander to lcfc. Do the players play for the club, or themselves?

The fans are the ones that FUND all this, we must like it right?

Are we scared to speak out? dynamit_foxes isnt, are you? Do you think your alone, and that no one will back you, or people will laugh? Who cares? Speak up?? Say something? Show your hunger, desire, passion for your club? Or doesnt it matter?

You do the same (IN PERSON not on a messageboard) at the numerous fans forums that occur and people will take you seriously. Wasnt it you who said that there wasnt any point going to these as the club 'never listens'

The fact is that Tim davies although a fan should not be running this football club, because he has never worked in the football industry before he came here. Nigel Doughty who is in charge of Forest said that football was the hardest industry he has ever worked in and that in order to be successful you need to have a good knowledge of football. Tim doesn't have that. Doughty was a hugely successful buisness man and is worth millions and for him to say that must mean a hell of a lot. Now I am going to get crucified for saying this. Paul Mace has worked in football all his life. He understands the game and was the one who advised martin George to appoint O'Neill. He was effectively forced out of the club by Davies, because Davies was unable to work with other people. Now, Paul Mace would have had a big say if he was in charge and I know for a fact that some of the signings would not have been made. It is a great shame that he left, because there is no understanding of how football works on that board. Birch suprisingly (having spoken to him about this topic on a few occasions) comes across as very knowlegable about this topic.

Therefore I do not think that Tim Davies is fit to run a football club. he may come across as nice and genuine and honest, but he has neither the football brain or the toughness to run a football club. He is too weak. Him and the chairman do not run this club correctly. I think he should be gotten rid of and someone who is not a fan and a tough sports type of person should eb put in charge. Tim Davies is simply not strong enough to run a football club.

Interesting read, but personally I think Mace is a coooooooont and wouldn't want him anywhere near our club again likewise with Pierpoint.

You do the same (IN PERSON not on a messageboard) at the numerous fans forums that occur and people will take you seriously. Wasnt it you who said that there wasnt any point going to these as the club 'never listens'

What good has a fans forum on lcfc carpet ever done? NONE of those people who currently run our club are EVER going to listen to us, they need us to finace our club. Without us, their nothing.

The wave of discontent is against the ideology of the board who may have got things wrong, again. As it happens, im still in favour of levein, but not in the same way the board is. I`d prefer US, the fans, non paid loyal to the cause people, to help craig continue his plan. I also wouldnt mind US the fans running our club without levein.

WE care the most, WE pour money into our club the most. WE sit in the cold longer than the board. WE pay extortionate prices for food and drink. £3 for a programme.

I`d be quite happy if the foxes trust took full control of lcfc right now.

I love these attacks on Tim Davies. They are clearly well thought out arguments based on fabrications and nothingness.

Fact is, Tim does not pretend to be anything but a fan. His role is Chief Exec. That is a financial position, to which he has proved himself adept. He has met the challenges that Leicester have faced post admin and done well.

He has organised the club in such a way that we had money to spend without risking the financial health of our club (as happened previously).

He (along with fellow board members) chose a manager that many of us thought was a good appointment.

He has decided to distance himself from talking about the playing side as he is "not a footballing man". He has stuck to his side of the "business", not interfering with the playing side and refraining from questioning the manager or players publicly.

He is behaving as a chief exec should. Or is it simply a case of knowing the face and trying to ascribe blame.

What good has a fans forum on lcfc carpet ever done? NONE of those people who currently run our club are EVER going to listen to us, they need us to finace our club. Without us, their nothing.

The wave of discontent is against the ideology of the board who may have got things wrong, again. As it happens, im still in favour of levein, but not in the same way the board is. I`d prefer US, the fans, non paid loyal to the cause people, to help craig continue his plan. I also wouldnt mind US the fans running our club without levein.

WE care the most, WE pour money into our club the most. WE sit in the cold longer than the board. WE pay extortionate prices for food and drink. £3 for a programme.

Viva the revolution. Where's Lush's little red book?

Ok, so tell me how else you are going to 'speak out' 'Speak up' 'Say something' and 'Show your hunger, desire, passion for your club' if you dont go to these forums etc?

:nono: Crazy. I believe the phrase is "putting the lunatics in charge of the asylum".

Not suggesting the FT are lunatics of course, but a business needs a professional management team to be a success. Ours may not be the best, but if you are going to change it then make it better not worse!

Ok, so tell me how else you are going to 'speak out' 'Speak up' 'Say something' and 'Show your hunger, desire, passion for your club' if you dont go to these forums etc?

Are you admitting the fans forums on lcfc carpet is a waste of time?

I am doing it right now. People have read what ive said, maybe those people will decide that theres better things available. I am backing the foxes trust to spearhead the "revolution". if we all join hands, we can change things (that doesnt mean i have to join ft :rolleyes: ). Apart from winning the lottery, what else can i realistically do?

Not suggesting the FT are lunatics of course, but a business needs a professional management team to be a success. Ours may not be the best, but if you are going to change it then make it better not worse!

Are you suggesting ft cannot run our club? What is the point in being a member then? Nothing they have ever done, has been absolutely needed, not even their contribution when in administration.

Archived