Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Reverend

One for the conspiracy theorists

Has anybody ever thought that the FA might be trying to get back at Leicester by giving us crap officials EVERY game? I think that the administration fiasco brought a great embaressment to the FA (because now teams who go into administration go to the bottom three or rock bottom?). Then, to top it all off, we get promoted to the Premiership.....

To me it would explain why, every week, without fail, we have awful referees, who more often than not, cost us the game. They get easy and often obvious decisions blatantly wrong.

The moment this hit me was at the Norwich match. I've never seen anything like it from a referee. They were blatantly diving and staying down for ages. I just wanted to get up and leave! The worst was that little shit Mcveigh. It was similar when QPR came to the Walkers though. Another example of these decisions is the Leeds offside 'goal'. Perhaps now we are paying the price. We are now where we should have been 3 years ago.

I don't think that its a coincedence that the referee on Sunday was fair (in front of the TV cameras).

Haha interesting theory. I think it's more of the case that the referees in the Championship are just generally a much lower standard than those in the Premiership. That was evident on Sunday when the referee (can't remember who it was?) I thought had an excellent game-he let the game flow and got all the decisions spot on.

Has anybody ever thought that the FA might be trying to get back at Leicester by giving us crap officials EVERY game? I think that the administration fiasco brought a great embaressment to the FA (because now teams who go into administration go to the bottom three or rock bottom?). Then, to top it all off, we get promoted to the Premiership.....

To me it would explain why, every week, without fail, we have awful referees, who more often than not, cost us the game. They get easy and often obvious decisions blatantly wrong.

The moment this hit me was at the Norwich match. I've never seen anything like it from a referee. They were blatantly diving and staying down for ages. I just wanted to get up and leave! The worst was that little shit Mcveigh. It was similar when QPR came to the Walkers though. Another example of these decisions is the Leeds offside 'goal'. Perhaps now we are paying the price. We are now where we should have been 3 years ago.

I don't think that its a coincedence that the referee on Sunday was fair (in front of the TV cameras).

You aint the first to talk about this, my mate bangs on about it every single game i reckon you/he has a point :thumbup:

I think there may be something to this, except the league, not the FA may be behind it.

I remember going to Derby and Forest during the last promotion season and seeing us being denied wins at both venues by very late goals which should not have stood. There were also many occasions during that season where referees brandished yellow and red cards against our players for the slightest infringements.

Even after we clinched promotion we were denied the title by a bizarre performance by Andy D'Urso at Bramall Lane which turned probable victory into defeat.

Although the league were forced to grudgingly accept that we never broke any rules (as they stood at the time) by going into administration there was no way they would have stood for us parading their trophy around Leicester.

But it was a great tribute to Micky Adams and his squad at that time that we were able to perform as well as we did.

Most of us hoped that once we escaped this rotten tinpot league, we'd never return. Sadly, we did, and within 15 minutes of our first game back at this level, the referees let us know they were still on our case. And they have stayed that way ever since. OK, so we don't do ourselves any favours by having players like Tiatto (a walking yellow card) in our squad but there is no doubt that many of the bookings dished out to FOXES this season (especially Joey and Ryan) have been extremely harsh.

However, we have been strong enough to overcome these vendettas before.

Let's hope we can be as strong during the rest of the season!

Absolute tosh.

All teams get bad decisions now and then. I hate managers who bang on and on about how unlucky they always are and how refs are picking them out...

I've not seen many games this season, but I've seen a fair few penalty shouts turned down against us when Rab has rushed out, how do you account for those?

Or are refs all reffing in our favour? :P

Think you read my mind as have often thought this myself. Unless the standard of refereeing is that bad. In which case GOD HELP FOOTBALL.

But we've had a few shockers against us this season, right from the opening day.

Although I wouldn't use dire refereeing as an excuse for our dreadful league placing it has been a significant contributing factor.

Absolute tosh.

All teams get bad decisions now and then. I hate managers who bang on and on about how unlucky they always are and how refs are picking them out...

I've not seen many games this season, but I've seen a fair few penalty shouts turned down against us when Rab has rushed out, how do you account for those?

Or are refs all reffing in our favour? :P

If you've only been to a few games this season, its probably harder to notice. I've been to every home game and a few away games this season and to me its's blatant. Surely i cant be the only person who has witnessed this? :unsure:

As for Rab, the refs just feel sorry for him because he's so shit.

we do generally get refs who are not the best in our league because we are not near the top. they allocate the best refs to the biggest maatches right?

so when we play a prem team 23 places above us or something we get steve bennett who is obviously one of the best.

just an idea? think of the refs they get in the conference :huh:

we do generally get refs who are not the best in our league because we are not near the top. they allocate the best refs to the biggest maatches right?

so when we play a prem team 23 places above us or something we get steve bennett who is obviously one of the best.

I watch Maidstone United on a fairly regular basis.

The refs they get are awful. Some times it works out about fair, sometimes the decisions tend to go the way of one side. It just happens because they're awful, that's all.

We get a lot of bookings because we do have some... let's say.. commited players.

Tiatto should start every game on a yellow just to save everyone the bother. McCarthy is reckless at times, as is Maybury, Gudjonsson probably gets more yellows than he deserves, he's not a dirty player but having said that, he seems to commit a lot of fouls.

If the refs don't like us, they must hate Millwall, Sheff Wed, Crewe etc???

:):unsure::(:cry:

looks like we've got alot of paranoid androids.

though as far as conspiracy theories go it is an interesting one. complete rubbish in my opinion however.

Well if everybody had noticed it, it wouldn't be allowed to happen!

I watch Maidstone United on a fairly regular basis.

The refs they get are awful. Some times it works out about fair, sometimes the decisions tend to go the way of one side. It just happens because they're awful, that's all.

We get a lot of bookings because we do have some... let's say.. commited players.

Tiatto should start every game on a yellow just to save everyone the bother. McCarthy is reckless at times, as is Maybury, Gudjonsson probably gets more yellows than he deserves, he's not a dirty player but having said that, he seems to commit a lot of fouls.

If the refs don't like us, they must hate Millwall, Sheff Wed, Crewe etc???

Aaahh....... but, Sheff Wed, Crewe and Milwall didnt embarass the FA after going into administration !:blink:

Oh I see... so they are just rubbish?

We're just being victimised by refs, right?

:P

Seriously.. I know we've had some bad decisions over the years. But you remember the bad ones... they anger us and they stick in the mind. Consider all the times we've been lucky with refs.. more forgettable as any victory is put down to a good performance, refereeing is ignored. In defeat, we apportion blame...

Seriously.. I know we've had some bad decisions over the years. But you remember the bad ones... they anger us and they stick in the mind. Consider all the times we've been lucky with refs.. more forgettable as any victory is put down to a good performance, refereeing is ignored. In defeat, we apportion blame...

well said that man :thumbup:

No, i didnt say they were rubbish. What i said was that Shef Wed, Crewe and Milwall didnt go into administration and then get PROMOTED, when, according to todays rules, we would have been in the bottom 3 at-least. :rolleyes:

It's, as someone else said, just down to the drop in refereeing standards from the Premiership to the Championship. I noticed this when we were relegated the first time under Adams. However, if a referee believes that a player/team is dirty then his is often more inclined to get the book out.

It's, as someone else said, just down to the drop in refereeing standards from the Premiership to the Championship. I noticed this when we were relegated the first time under Adams. However, if a referee believes that a player/team is dirty then his is often more inclined to get the book out.

Yeah... but in that respect, you make a rod for your own back.

Archived