Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Reverend

One for the conspiracy theorists

You make your bed and you lie in it.

As a club, we've made our bed. And it's one which is too often occupied by yellow-card-merchants.

Who exactly at this club are the 'yellow card merchants'? Apart from twatto, who is a yellow card merchant? Apart from him, i cant think of any dirty Leicester players. Its not just the so called 'dirty' players though. How has Gudjonsson got 10 yellows and Smudger 5? Neither at all dirty players.

Steve Walsh was a yellow card merchant, but no-one ever criticised him did they? Its not the players, it is the referees in my eyes. :angry:

Who exactly at this club are the 'yellow card merchants'? Apart from twatto, who is a yellow card merchant? Apart from him, i cant think of any dirty Leicester players. Its not just the so called 'dirty' players though. How has Gudjonsson got 10 yellows and Smudger 5? Neither at all dirty players.

Steve Walsh was a yellow card merchant, but no-one ever criticised him did they? Its not the players, it is the referees in my eyes. :angry:

smudger can get frustrated. pretty much all of those cards have come from frustration when things aren't going well.

gudjonsson is just partial to mis-timing a few tackles.

You make your bed and you lie in it.

As a club, we've made our bed. And it's one which is too often occupied by yellow-card-merchants.

Bloody Hell. I've just checked out our disciplinary record for the past three seasons we've played in the Championship/Div1 - we're botom this season, came bottom last and were fourth from bottom in the promotion year.

I knew it was bad but didn't realise it was that bad.

Football League Stats

Bloody Hell. I've just checked out our disciplinary record for the past three seasons we've played in the Championship/Div1 - we're botom this season, came bottom last and were fourth from bottom in the promotion year.

I knew it was bad but didn't realise it was that bad.

Football League Stats

Its a completely different team from three seasons ago and even to last season. So with 3 different sets of players, we still have an awful disciplinary record. How can that be coincedence? I cannot understand :blink:

If you actually read this thread back... you will see that the argument I have presented is that we have made a rod for our own back through our discipline in the past.

The notion was put forward, by someone else, that refs do look out for us because our reputation precedes up. This is correct. I'm not blaming any of the previous managers or players... I'm not even saying that it's fair, I'm just trying to offer an explanation for this 'harsh' treatment which a lot of people believe we receive.

Has anybody ever thought that the FA might be trying to get back at Leicester by giving us crap officials EVERY game? I think that the administration fiasco brought a great embaressment to the FA (because now teams who go into administration go to the bottom three or rock bottom?). Then, to top it all off, we get promoted to the Premiership.....

To me it would explain why, every week, without fail, we have awful referees, who more often than not, cost us the game. They get easy and often obvious decisions blatantly wrong.

The moment this hit me was at the Norwich match. I've never seen anything like it from a referee. They were blatantly diving and staying down for ages. I just wanted to get up and leave! The worst was that little shit Mcveigh. It was similar when QPR came to the Walkers though. Another example of these decisions is the Leeds offside 'goal'. Perhaps now we are paying the price. We are now where we should have been 3 years ago.

I don't think that its a coincedence that the referee on Sunday was fair (in front of the TV cameras).

Could just be the fact that alll refs are useless in this division.

No, i didnt say they were rubbish. What i said was that Shef Wed, Crewe and Milwall didnt go into administration and then get PROMOTED, when, according to todays rules, we would have been in the bottom 3 at-least. :rolleyes:

If I understand you correctly, if we'd have been deducted the points (10 I believe) for going into administration we would have still been promoted, that's how clear we were from the 3rd place.

If I understand you correctly, if we'd have been deducted the points (10 I believe) for going into administration we would have still been promoted, that's how clear we were from the 3rd place.

Beat me to it! I thought it was a 12 point deduction... Even then we would have been promoted on goal difference!

http://www.emfootball.co.uk/table2002-3.html

Oh I see... so they are just rubbish?

We're just being victimised by refs, right?

:P

Seriously.. I know we've had some bad decisions over the years. But you remember the bad ones... they anger us and they stick in the mind. Consider all the times we've been lucky with refs.. more forgettable as any victory is put down to a good performance, refereeing is ignored. In defeat, we apportion blame...

Thats not true! on the rare occasion we do get a good ref, i always point it out.

It may just be coincidence that we perform quite well in the cup, but it may well just be that the refs in this league have a vendetta against us, i certainly wouldn't rule it out. Although i certainly wouldn't use it as an excuse either. :blink:

Archived