Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

Matty Fryatt

Because City were attacking the kop in the second half we couldnt see him clearly but from what I saw in the warm up, he looked sharp and a good finisher. Was also very impressed with O Grady. Dont know if anyone saw but he was putting every single shot past Henderson. Right foot, left foot or headers - they all flew into the corner!

Levein said that Fryatt will be the player who puts away the chances that our other strikers have been missing or haven't been to put away but if we continue to create as little as we did today he's going to find goals hard to come by. No Smith, Gudjonsson and, dare I say it, Sylla today though to create.

Because City were attacking the kop in the second half we couldnt see him clearly but from what I saw in the warm up, he looked sharp and a good finisher. Was also very impressed with O Grady. Dont know if anyone saw but he was putting every single shot past Henderson. Right foot, left foot or headers - they all flew into the corner!

O'grady looked very sharp in the warm-up. Looks like a good player. A bit like Hume in that sense that he looks very lively in the way he moves around.

how can we judge from warm up, even hamill looks good in it hahah and what a joke he is!! however fryatt already proved from the few mins he was on today that he is a million times better than hamill

Hamill looks poor in the warm up aswell as the match imo, but I agree with you that you can't judge a player by their warm up. Half the time Henderson doesn't look like he can be bothered to try and stop any shots. Who can blame him? He's gone up to Sheffield today to basically help warm Rab up. I'd feel pissed off if I was him.

I couldn't understand the purpose of playing Fryatt for 10 minutes or so. If he's had hamstring trouble why risk him for such a short time (with other forwards on the bench) and if he's fit and the marksman he's claimed to be why not play him for a substantial period? If he wasn't fit why have him on the bench at all?

No wonder the fans yelled "You don't know what you're doing"

It really was awful.

Were you watching the Same O'Grady as me, every one of his shots went to Henderson! Hume was woeful :smile: . So that's hardly a rule is it though, the warm up. Even still Fryatt impressed me, looks quick and eager, something we severly lack!

Were you watching the Same O'Grady as me, every one of his shots went to Henderson! Hume was woeful :smile: . So that's hardly a rule is it though, the warm up. Even still Fryatt impressed me, looks quick and eager, something we severly lack!

Yes, when he chased after a loose ball which eventually won us a freekick level with their box due to Weaver's tackle on him. It was nice to see him chase a lost cause. Later on in the match, on the opposite side of the pitch the ball was loose and none of our players chased at all.

Yes, when he chased after a loose ball which eventually won us a freekick level with their box due to Weaver's tackle on him. It was nice to see him chase a lost cause. Later on in the match, on the opposite side of the pitch the ball was loose and none of our players chased at all.

i agree. im slightly worried that he won't get good enough service. i often felt with connolly that he didn't get the service and if he had he would have scored loads more goals than he did.

i agree. im slightly worried that he won't get good enough service. i often felt with connolly that he didn't get the service and if he had he would have scored loads more goals than he did.

Nice to see your first impressions of Fryatt are good. You would certainly get the best out of him if the service is good but he can create goals himself out of nothing. I'll keep checking in to see how he's progressing.

Archived