Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Disillusioned

Why Has Everyone Turned Against Walsh?

Are you suggesting TPH that LCFC fans did not turn against Steve Walsh?

(if I were you I would be VERY careful about how you answer this question)

Being very careful I'd answer no.

To the best of my current knowledge, LCFC fans have not 'turned against' Steve Walsh, he is still fondly remembered as a 110percenter and a good player for us but is just not taken seriously as management material.

Come on, hit me with your revelation.

I'll bet it's an anti-climax after the build up you've given it.

Has disillusioned actually become disillusioned with this thread

More baffled than disillusioned. I am baffled by this peculiar kind of amnesia that footie fans suffer from. I am baffled about why they hold certain opinions without asking themselves why they REALLY have these beliefs.

I am also baffled about why certain individuals pretend so much, and get so defensive when they are put on the spot.

Most of all I am baffled about why certain posters on sites like these when confronted by cold hard facts, eg statements that are matters of public record (aired and in print) will deny that they were ever made.

We have already had one serious case of this in the last 18 months and it has virtually brought the club to its knees.

Although the situation with Walsh is less critical (because on the balance of probabilities he is unlikely to return to the club in any meaningful capacity) it nonetheless remains an interesting case study of the mass psychosis that afflicts football fans.

Are you suggesting TPH that LCFC fans did not turn against Steve Walsh?

(if I were you I would be VERY careful about how you answer this question)

Walsh left because of Taylor. At the time it was stated that Taylor was too insecure to have both Cottee and Walsh at the club, as they had gone for the manager's job as well. Are you suggesting that is not the case? If so, why don't you just put us out of our misery, because it's getting more than a lttle tedious now.

More baffled than disillusioned. I am baffled by this peculiar kind of amnesia that footie fans suffer from. I am baffled about why they hold certain opinions without asking themselves why they REALLY have these beliefs.

I am also baffled about why certain individuals pretend so much, and get so defensive when they are put on the spot.

Most of all I am baffled about why certain posters on sites like these when confronted by cold hard facts, eg statements that are matters of public record (aired and in print) will deny that they were ever made.

We have already had one serious case of this in the last 18 months and it has virtually brought the club to its knees.

Although the situation with Walsh is less critical (because on the balance of probabilities he is unlikely to return to the club in any meaningful capacity) it nonetheless remains an interesting case study of the mass psychosis that afflicts football fans.

Or in other words...

Bollocks.

Listen, if you want to have a debate about something fair enough.

Can we make it something which is perhaps relevant though. Walsh is not management material. I and others have outlined reasoned arguments for this earlier in the thread, which you have not countered.

If you believe he is, tell us why. If you don't think he is - why the thread and why the persistence? If you just want a debate and a chance to show off your verbose and roundabout way of spouting bollocks, then that's cool... but please stop flogging a dead horse. We've given our answers to stop asking the question.

Walsh left because of Taylor. At the time it was stated that Taylor was too insecure to have both Cottee and Walsh at the club, as they had gone for the manager's job as well. Are you suggesting that is not the case? If so, why don't you just put us out of our misery, because it's getting more than a lttle tedious now.

Out of the mouths of minxes...

Of course I am not suggesting that this is NOT the case. It is self-evidently the case!

You're very hot Lisa (innuendo unintended), just think a little harder...

Archived