Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Disillusioned

Why Has Everyone Turned Against Walsh?

When I started this thread I didn't think there would be many takers and that the only replies would be of the foul mouthed kind. Yet in a little over 20 minutes we are already on page 2 and there have been some very interesting responses. But nobody yet has managed to answer the question put:

'Why has everyone turned against Walsh?'

When you say 'everyone' please explain who this 'everyone' is please?

When I started this thread I didn't think there would be many takers and that the only replies would be of the foul mouthed kind. Yet in a little over 20 minutes we are already on page 2 and there have been some very interesting responses. But nobody yet has managed to answer the question put:

'Why has everyone turned against Walsh?'

I didn't know they had :blink:

Walsh isn't a football manager! It's all very well saying whe has commitment and passion but on that basis Ric Flair could be given the job.

We need a proper manager who has been proved to play attractive football, and has achieved well.

Tilson, Gorman or Allen are much better choices. Persuading them to come would be a whole new ball game though.

I know I'm straying a bit away here, but who's the last manager to have managed Leicester who wasn't from a Home Nation? We've tried two of the most promising English managers in recent times in Taylor and Adams, while the old veteran Bassett got a chance as well, and now we've tried a Scot who has seemingly failed too. We've heard a load of British names bandied about, but surely the board would be wise to look abroad for some managing talent out there too...

I've said this before! You need an experienced manager in this league, not necessarily English but one whose played in this league or the Premiership, bringing in a foreign manager would be a disaster, it's nothing like managing in the Premiership.

This division is head and shoulders above any other second division in the world and I don't think a foreigner would be able to appreciate that.

It's not just Walsh, it's all our ex-players.

Not one of them has the experience to manage us, it's as simple as that!

I'm still having nightmares about the Frank McLintock era!

If ever there was an advert for switching from your home town team to Man Utd that was it, luckily I never but many did!

If being an ex-player is a potential bar to ever managing us then Peter Taylor and Craig Levein are reasons for not ever employing a manager who wasn't.

How can you explain who 'everyone' is?

Everyone quite literally means everyone - everybody.

Well then 'he' is wrong then because not EVERYBODY has turned against Steve Walsh.

EDIT: I actually meant was 'he' refering to fans, board, both, neither etc etc

If being an ex-player is a potential bar to ever managing us then Peter Taylor and Craig Levein are reasons for not ever employing a manager who wasn't.

Being an ex-player shouldn't exclude you from managing Leicester City but being an ex-player with no or very limited mangerial experience should!

Being an ex-player shouldn't exclude you from managing Leicester City but being an ex-player with no or very limited mangerial experience should!

So how do you feel about Stuart Pearce taking over a bigger club then Forest and making a fair job of it then?

I'm simply amazed how well this is going: on to page 3 in less than 45 minutes (about the average length of time that red-blodded Anglo Saxon males spend on page 3 fnaar, fnaar!).

Sorry Kat everybody doesn't LITERALLY mean everybody (nice to know you're a fan of the man though). In this instance it just means that the broad consensus is anti Walsh.

I'm absoultely convinced that some body out there has the answer to this little conundrum.

Could it be you Mr Thracian?

So how do you feel about Stuart Pearce taking over a bigger club then Forest and making a fair job of it then?

Stuart Pearce took his coaching badges when he was at Forest and went on to be Player/coach at West Ham, Newcastle and Man City before taking over as Manager at Man City.

He's been a fully qualified coach for nearly 10 years!

......and just look at the managers he's played under!

Stuart Pearce took his coaching badges when he was at Forest and went on to be Player/coach at West Ham, Newcastle and Man City before taking over as Manager at Man City.

He's been a fully qualified coach for nearly 10 years!

Yeah, and Peter Taylor was as qualified as anybody in the country as well. No good shifting the goalposts from your original point!!

I think a few of you are getting a little hung up about coaching badges and licences.

Hate to tell you this but coaching badges and licences don't suddenly transform you into a manger. And coaching badges and licences were not introduced to improve the quality of management. They are yet another EUROPEAN restrictive practice - defending the interests of moribund, recycled managers against enthusiastic, talented but unqualified young ex pros knocking them off their perch.

On with the fun...somebody, just somebody out there, must know why everyone has turned against Walsh.

I think a few of you are getting a little hung up about coaching badges and licences.

Hate to tell you this but coaching badges and licences don't suddenly transform you into a manger. And coaching badges and licences were not introduced to improve the quality of management. They are yet another EUROPEAN restrictive practice - defending the interests of moribund, recycled managers against enthusiastic, talented but unqualified young ex pros knocking them off their perch.

On with the fun...somebody, just somebody out there, must know why everyone has turned against Walsh.

That's my whole point Disillusioned.

I'm simply amazed how well this is going: on to page 3 in less than 45 minutes (about the average length of time that red-blodded Anglo Saxon males spend on page 3 fnaar, fnaar!).

Sorry Kat everybody doesn't LITERALLY mean everybody (nice to know you're a fan of the man though). In this instance it just means that the broad consensus is anti Walsh.

I'm absoultely convinced that some body out there has the answer to this little conundrum.

Could it be you Mr Thracian?

Well I never :rolleyes: maybe you would like to rephrase the question then :thumbup:

Archived