Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Disillusioned

Why Has Everyone Turned Against Walsh?

Perhaps somebody already knows the answer to this. I would be grateful if that someone could shed a little light on this mystery.

How could probably the club's most inspirational captain go from being a modern hero to virtually zero in little more than a season or two?

Why is it that whenever his name is put forward as an immediate replacement for Craig Levein the majority of posters on this board come up with the lamest excuses and the most irrational bile against the man whose on-field presence was the most important factor in our successes in the MON years?

Intelligent comment warmly welcomed.

PS The last sentence means that if you can't string a sentence together that is not full of profanities and is devoid of reason DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD.

No one doubts his passion.

I think that the reasons are twofold.

1) He's currently, I think, very happy, making good money doing his golfing getaways. Not sure he'd want to be tempted back in to football, even at the club he loves.

2) He probably lacks an understanding of the finer points of the game. I have no doubts he'd be a decent motivator.. but otherwise, his man-management, ability in the transfer market, negotiation skills and tactical awareness might let him down.

Perhaps somebody already knows the answer to this. I would be grateful if that someone could shed a little light on this mystery.

How could probably the club's most inspirational captain go from being a modern hero to virtually zero in little more than a season or two?

Why is it that whenever his name is put forward as an immediate replacement for Craig Levein the majority of posters on this board come up with the lamest excuses and the most irrational bile against the man whose on-field presence was the most important factor in our successes in the MON years?

Intelligent comment warmly welcomed.

PS The last sentence means that if you can't string a sentence together that is not full of profanities and is devoid of reason DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD.

I think for the first time i actually agree with you, i think walsh would be an excellent appointment.

What he lack in tactical ability he certainly makes up for with passion and committment :thumbup:

1) He's currently, I think, very happy, making good money doing his golfing getaways. Not sure he'd want to be tempted back in to football, even at the club he loves.

2) He probably lacks an understanding of the finer points of the game. I have no doubts he'd be a decent motivator.. but otherwise, his man-management, ability in the transfer market, negotiation skills and tactical awareness might let him down.

Come on, you know he would jump at the chance.

Does Walsh even have a coaching license? Can he at all be approved by the LMA if he doesn't have one? He doesn't have any experience at managing level, and while I would welcome him in some kind of coaching/consulting role, the task of managing a club in freefall is surely a bit steep. Besides, apparently he's enjoying life somewhere in Spain, and might not want to change his settled life.

i think he would be back here like a shot , he put himself in the frame before levein got the job.

We'll never know that Hero. However, he should never have been allowed to leave this club. Inexperienced he might be but so are most of the half baked suggestions for manager being touted on other threads. It doesn't seem to have bothered Eire, who are taking a punt with a novice. As with Staunton, maybe the secret is to have an experienced man alongside Walsh as well.

I think for the first time i actually agree with you, i think walsh would be an excellent appointment.

What he lack in tactical ability he certainly makes up for with passion and committment :thumbup:

I'm sorry but how naive can you be? First of all, you're making erratic assumptions as to how he'll be as a manager. How many former players do you actually know that have been succesful as managers? How do you know that his team will be full of passion and commitment? If he's as clueless tactically as you assume, the players will quickly lose confidence in him, and they'll be running around like a bunch of headless chickens. A new manager will obviously need to be a motivator first of all, but that isn't the be all and end all. Ironically I believe that Mickey and Craig both have some very good qualities and if they could've been merged, we would have a f**king gem, as they would've complemented eachother well. The manager will need to have some kind of pedigree and tactical awareness as well...

We'll never know that Hero. However, he should never have been allowed to leave this club. Inexperienced he might be but so are most of the half baked suggestions for manager being touted on other threads. It doesn't seem to have bothered Eire, who are taking a punt with a novice. As with Staunton, maybe the secret is to have an experienced man alongside Walsh as well.

I'm just fed up with us being tactically outclassed.

We need a manager who favours attacking football (as it suits the players we have) and who can give us an advantage by his choice of tactics. Unlike Levein who seems to disadvantage and undermine any momentum we might have with a string of bizarre and ill-informed decisions.

Fook it, get Walshie in. At least he cares.

I'm sorry but how naive can you be? First of all, you're making erratic assumptions as to how he'll be as a manager. How many former players do you actually know that have been succesful as managers? How do you know that his team will be full of passion and commitment? If he's as clueless tactically as you assume, the players will quickly lose confidence in him, and they'll be running around like a bunch of headless chickens. A new manager will obviously need to be a motivator first of all, but that isn't the be all and end all. Ironically I believe that Mickey and Craig both have some very good qualities and if they could've been merged, we would have a f**king gem, as they would've complemented eachother well. The manager will need to have some kind of pedigree and tactical awareness as well...

Do you mean former players or former Leicester players Shen?

I would hardly say it was erratic :rolleyes:

My main reasons for discounting Stevie are:

1) No coaching badges

2) No experience

3) He doesn't seems to want to come back to city (City have asked him back on numerous occasions for pre-match and half-time entertainment and he has been too busy most of the time)

4) Why would he want the job

I would love him back in some capacity but don't think it'll ever happen.

So far not too bad. Walsh's lack of tactical nous might emerge as the early runner in the 'anti' stakes.

Walsh's commercial interests are really a matter for him to deal with and if he was prepared to put them to one side they shouldn't be an obstacle to his appointment.

The world of coaching badges is a murky business. Seems to me that there are rather too many current pro's rather too fond of extra curricula activities getting into management these days. Can't imagine many of them with their jotters down at Lilleshall.

Keep 'em coming...

No-one can question Walsh's passion and love of the club. And nobody can question what the fans truely think of him - A True Leicester Legend.

But as already stated, does he have the minerals to become a manager? Or would he turn out to be awful and therefore ruin the memories alot of Leicester fans had of him ala McKlintock?

If somebody could give me some fool proof reasons as to why Walsh would be a good manager then i'd join the campaign to get him in, but for me he seems more of a gamble than McCallister, but only slightly.

No-one can question Walsh's passion and love of the club. And nobody can question what the fans truely think of him - A True Leicester Legend.

But as already stated, does he have the minerals to become a manager? Or would he turn out to be awful and therefore ruin the memories alot of Leicester fans had of him ala McKlintock?

If somebody could give me some fool proof reasons as to why Walsh would be a good manager then i'd join the campaign to get him in, but for me he seems more of a gamble than McCallister, but only slightly.

What have we got too lose???? we are going down with Levein at the helm, at least walshie would demand some committment out of these over-paid pansy's.

I know I'm straying a bit away here, but who's the last manager to have managed Leicester who wasn't from a Home Nation? We've tried two of the most promising English managers in recent times in Taylor and Adams, while the old veteran Bassett got a chance as well, and now we've tried a Scot who has seemingly failed too. We've heard a load of British names bandied about, but surely the board would be wise to look abroad for some managing talent out there too...

It's not just Walsh, it's all our ex-players.

Not one of them has the experience to manage us, it's as simple as that!

I'm still having nightmares about the Frank McLintock era!

If ever there was an advert for switching from your home town team to Man Utd that was it, luckily I never but many did!

When I started this thread I didn't think there would be many takers and that the only replies would be of the foul mouthed kind. Yet in a little over 20 minutes we are already on page 2 and there have been some very interesting responses. But nobody yet has managed to answer the question put:

'Why has everyone turned against Walsh?'

I know I'm straying a bit away here, but who's the last manager to have managed Leicester who wasn't from a Home Nation? We've tried two of the most promising English managers in recent times in Taylor and Adams, while the old veteran Bassett got a chance as well, and now we've tried a Scot who has seemingly failed too. We've heard a load of British names bandied about, but surely the board would be wise to look abroad for some managing talent out there too...

Christian Gros is your man!

Archived