Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Disillusioned

Why Has Everyone Turned Against Walsh?

I think a few of you are getting a little hung up about coaching badges and licences.

Hate to tell you this but coaching badges and licences don't suddenly transform you into a manger. And coaching badges and licences were not introduced to improve the quality of management. They are yet another EUROPEAN restrictive practice - defending the interests of moribund, recycled managers against enthusiastic, talented but unqualified young ex pros knocking them off their perch.

On with the fun...somebody, just somebody out there, must know why everyone has turned against Walsh.

It's got nothing to do with coaching badges! But lets be honest, Stuart Pearce got off his arse when he was playing and took his and it seems to be paying dividends.

Badges don't bring success, but I'd rather we had a manager with them then without them!

.......and to answer your question. I don't know if Walshy has his badges or not but he has no managing or coaching experience and is therefore not experienced to be the next Leicester City Manager, no one is slagging him off by saying that!

I doubt the City board would consider a Manager without badges anyway!

It's got nothing to do with coaching badges! But lets be honest, Stuart Pearce got off his arse when he was playing and took his and it seems to be paying dividends.

Badges don't bring success, but I'd rather we had a manager with them then without them!

.......and to answer your question. I don't know if Walshy has his badges or not but he has no managing or coaching experience and is therefore not experienced to be the next Leicester City Manager, no one is slagging him off by saying that!

I doubt the City board would consider a Manager without badges anyway!

Ah! Grasshopper but they would!

Still no one can answer the question! I make it easier for you:

Why has everyone TURNED against Walsh?

I wasn't aware anyone had turned against Walsh, it's just that most would someone with managerial/coaching experience in our current predicament. Just because a player had passion and commiment doesn't make them a good manager - look at Tony Adams.

Hasn't he just got another job in Holland?

As a coach though..

I wasn't aware anyone had turned against Walsh, it's just that most would someone with managerial/coaching experience in our current predicament. Just because a player had passion and commiment doesn't make them a good manager - look at Tony Adams.

In reply to that, Tony Adams didn't do a good job at Wycombe, however, all credit to the guy, he has gone to university to study some sports science degree and is now on the continent learning different coaching styles. (Worked with the Ajax kids, currently coaching at Utrecht, think he did something in Italy). He's putting the hours in before stepping up to the plate. Bit like Mourinho did before he emerged as a manager.

I think Adams will become a good manager, he's just learning the trade.

In reply to that, Tony Adams didn't do a good job at Wycombe, however, all credit to the guy, he has gone to university to study some sports science degree and is now on the continent learning different coaching styles. (Worked with the Ajax kids, currently coaching at Utrecht, think he did something in Italy). He's putting the hours in before stepping up to the plate. Bit like Mourinho did before he emerged as a manager.

Or he may turn out like David Platt who did exactly the same thing......

Which is what Walsh should do if he wanted to step into management.

Or he may turn out like David Platt who did exactly the same thing......

Ha ha, fair point.

Guess I just think of Adams as somebody with a bit more ability than Platt. He must be quite persuasive and a good communicator, I mean, he managed to talk Caprice into the sack.

In answer to Disillusioned, I was not aware that everybody had turned against Walsh, in less you are privvy to information that you would care to share. Walsh is still a legend at the club and the record of his time here is testament to that.

Ah! Grasshopper but they would!

Still no one can answer the question! I make it easier for you:

Why has everyone TURNED against Walsh?

You need a manager with recognised coaching badges to play in the Premiership so I doubt they would!

Then again we don't need to worry about that for a few years :whistle:

foggyhorse beat me to it. People might be ignoring him, but I'm not sure too many have turned against him. Is he actually in a position to throw his name in the hat, with or without a right-hand man?

I wouldn't blame him for not being interested - he was certainly ushered out of the club fairly quickly. I've never met the guy so I can't comment on him as a person.

I guess the (my) perception of him is as a 110%-er who might have gone further in the game, were it not for injury and his disciplinary record. Perhaps some people hold this latter point against him? Or the perception that full-blooded centre-backs somehow lose 78% of their brain-cells through heading that nasty football by the time they reach the age of 35? Tony Mowbray's doing ok, however!

Did Walsh ever dabble in non-league management? You've mentioned him time and time again - I can make the connection, but as he's publically shown no interest in getting back in the game, why push his name forward?

Perhaps you've got a scoop for us?

foggyhorse beat me to it. People might be ignoring him, but I'm not sure too many have turned against him. Is he actually in a position to throw his name in the hat, with or without a right-hand man?

I wouldn't blame him for not being interested - he was certainly ushered out of the club fairly quickly. I've never met the guy so I can't comment on him as a person.

I guess the (my) perception of him is as a 110%-er who might have gone further in the game, were it not for injury and his disciplinary record. Perhaps some people hold this latter point against him? Or the perception that full-blooded centre-backs somehow lose 78% of their brain-cells through heading that nasty football by the time they reach the age of 35? Tony Mowbray's doing ok, however!

Did Walsh ever dabble in non-league management? You've mentioned him time and time again - I can make the connection, but as he's publically shown no interest in getting back in the game, why push his name forward?

Perhaps you've got a scoop for us?

I wish I had a scoop Nationwider. But please dont misconstrue this statement. This does not mean the reason(s) for the shift in opinion on Mr Walsh is mere conjecture or idle speculation on my part.

It's a matter of public record...

PS I sent a reply to your post a few minutes ago and it seems to have just disappeared. I am picking up the scent of a little minx again, Lisa...

I wish I had a scoop Nationwider. But please dont misconstrue this statement. This does not mean the reason(s) for the shift in opinion on Mr Walsh is mere conjecture or idle speculation on my part.

It's a matter of public record...

PS I sent a reply to your post a few minutes ago and it seems to have just disappeared. I am picking up the scent of a little minx again, Lisa...

Lisa was last active at about half four so think again chum :thumbup:

Just tweaking her pigtails...I love her really!

:wub:

I will admit, I don't understand your question. Nobody, as far as I can see, has turned against Walshie. Just because people don't want him as manager, doesn't mean they've turned against him.

For the record, I'd be more than happy to see him back here. I think a lot of our players could learn a lot from the more positive aspects of his attitude. I do agree with the argument against making him the man in charge. Just because he wouldn't be the 'main man' it wouldn't mean he couldn't have a significant influence.

On the other hand, MON didn't have his coaching badges. He relied on his backroom staff to do the day-to-day coaching, and he orchestrated it all. That's why he was keen to take them all up to Celtic with him. If Walsh came in, and worked with experienced and good coaches, maybe this would work?

I'd welcome Steve Walsh back at the club, but I don't think he is ready to step up as manager yet, but as a motivator/coach he would be a good acquisition.

I am really not sure he is interested though. He had a few attempts at getting back into the game, (Loan spell at Cov, spending some time at Tamworth, applying for the Leicester job) which didn't come to anything and I think he was a little bit disillusioned with the game for a while and built himself a new life abroad which is, by all accounts going very well.

I don't think not feeling he is ready to take over as manager and turning against him are the same thing at all so, like Lisa, I don't really understand the question.

Simon

The question is flawed because within it lies a supposition or an assumption, which is false.

The cryptic tone of Dis's replies also suggest to me he already has the answer, and is waiting for us to somehow stumble upon it.

I would love to see Walsh back at some capacity but manager might be a massive gamble at a time when we're down to our last few chips.

Fans have fond memories of Walsh, i've rarely ever heard anyone say a bad word against the man and rightly so. The main reason why fans don't want him as manager is probably because they don't want their memories clouded if he turns out to be a crap manager and puts us it the shit. At the minute most fans will think it can't get much worse, but it can do! I didn't think things could get much worse than the way Adams was runnings things at Leicester but Levein is proving that's not quite the case.

If Levein did leave now and we needed someone short term, then perhaps Walsh until the end of the season alongside Rob Kelly with a view to a permanent deal after might be interesting.

i don't think it would be fair on steve walsh to put him in this situation. he's an absolute legend of the club, and i wouldn't like it to be his name against the team if it was to be relegated, regardless of the fact that the damage has been done by levein.

The cryptic tone of Dis's replies also suggest to me he already has the answer, and is waiting for us to somehow stumble upon it.

Yeah, I have to question the purpose of this thread and Chandler's motvation for creating it. Is it a case of 'Once a troll, always a troll'?

Yeah, I have to question the purpose of this thread and Chandler's motvation for creating it. Is it a case of 'Once a troll, always a troll'?

I had the audacity to question the question earlier in the thread. I dont why we put up with this perpetual piss taking.

Archived