Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Team Vs Plymouth

I'd like to see:

Henderson

Stearman

McCarthy

Gerrbrand

Sheehan

O'Grady

Gudjonsson

Wesolowski

Smith

Fryatt

Hume

Subs: Williams, Hughes, MDV, Hammond, Nissa

And why not? It's packed with attack and O'Grady showed against Arsenal Reserves that he can play right across the line. Assuming your view that Morris isn't fit enough yet anyway and that Hammond doesn't really show signs of playing wide with any great effect then we'd still have as interchangeable a football team as possible. I'd have risked Morris but that's probably a less risky shout. It's certainly better than how we started against Cardiff.

I would play:

-----------------henderson

stearman--macarthy--gerrbrand--sheehan

-------------------maybury

hammond-----weso-----------------smith

----------------------------hume

--------------------fryatt

subs: johanson, hughes, joey, deep freeze, hamill.

What is this obsession with Maybury? He cant play his natural right back role any more, so how can he play CM?

well if he is clever enough to realise how much we want him out of our beloved club he might just say to hell with this and throw out everything and just go at them, id prefer to see that and we lose than rather than "we were unlucky" excuse used again.

What is this obsession with Maybury? He cant play his natural right back role any more, so how can he play CM?

Obsession is a bit extreme :( Why dont you think he can play RB?

We lack major confidence, and the core part of the team (holding role) is where we lack it the most. At the mo, weso is not quite up to it, and the only other player who has the credentials is maybs. Its not as if he cant tackle, hes a defender. He has experience at international level, i would say the players respect him more than most, but more importantly, hes got a passion to win. He cares alot, he looks so disapointed when we lose. Hes can pass well, is athletic, will run all day and night for the cause, hes a leader.

If joey was better in his defensive ability, and showed leadership character on the pitch, i`d say hes the man, but TOO many times this season, teams have broken us down, with him playing that role.

Maybs would help weso enourmously to settle into things, free him of dangerous defensive duties, and give him liecence to invade enemy teritory without fear of needing to track back, maybs would be there to mop up and break down incoming attacks.

---------------------Douglas

Stearman - McCarthy - Johansson - Maybury

Hughes - Wesolowski - Gudjonsson - Smith

---------------Fryatt - MDV

Bench : Kisnorbo, Henderson, Hume, Hammond, Gerrbrand

thats what i think he will play but i would change MDV for Hume and probably put Gerrbrand in instead of Johansson.

Archived