Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Strachan on Lennon

Bhoys boss consulted Lennon over Keane move

December 18, 2005

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan consulted captain Neil Lennon before finalizing his move for Irish midfielder Roy Keane earlier this week, it has been revealed.

Keane signed on an 18-month deal on Thursday after rebuffing approaches from Bolton, Everton and Real Madrid.

And Strachan has revealed that he consulted with Lennon – the man held to be most under threat by Keane’s arrival – before sealing the transfer.

He said: “Any major decisions I make at training and in terms of picking teams I always speak to Neil Lennon.

“If I am going to change tactics then I will ask him what he thinks. Something major like this, you have to speak to your captain. Roy knows Lenny is the captain.â€Â

Must think Highly of him.

Interesting stuff. Looks like Lennon may have the tactical know-how to do a good job at management.

Well seen as Lennon worked under MON for most of his career , some of Martin's coaching skills have got to have rubbed off :thumbup:;):)

I think the thing that could go in city's favour is that lennon and keane are similar type's of players, lennon has stated he wanted to move back down south in the summer to finish his career, i think if he was to come to leicester and saved the club from relegation, that would do no end for his managerial c.v.

And Strachan has revealed that he consulted with Lennon – the man held to be most under threat by Keane’s arrival – before sealing the transfer.

He said: “Any major decisions I make at training and in terms of picking teams I always speak to Neil Lennon.

“If I am going to change tactics then I will ask him what he thinks. Something major like this, you have to speak to your captain. Roy knows Lenny is the captain.â€Â

What a crock of shit. Link?

Thanks for that and sorry. Well i am agahst, i thought strachan was a sensible chap, thats how he come accross over the telly. How he could possibly take lennons word for things, and use them to manage the team is beyond me, whats the point in having strachan be manage, might aswell let lennon do it.

maybe good news for city then

Thanks for that and sorry. Well i am agahst, i thought strachan was a sensible chap, thats how he come accross over the telly. How he could possibly take lennons word for things, and use them to manage the team is beyond me, whats the point in having strachan be manage, might aswell let lennon do it.

lush you take the biscuit sometimes, Stachan said:

I will ask him what he thinks

that's called consulting and a sign of good managment practice, it doesn't mean he'll do what Lennon thinks, it means he will take it into account when considering his own views and other aspects affecting any decision.

Archived