Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chairman of the Bored

In the cold post-Levein light

We are a piss poor team with no leadership, no strategy, an inability to finish and a genuine lack anything approaching mediocrity, let alone quality. The future is not bright, it's oblivion.

Lost the will to live watching that one this afto, were it not for Paddy, don't think I would have applauded once. Whoever comes in (and Radio Leicester 'know' it will be Gunnar Thordasen - or whatever his name is - from Notts County), has one helluva job to keep us up. I for one am not looking forward to the next three months.

But, as they say, hope springs eternal, and I am packing my bags for QPR.

We are a piss poor team with no leadership, no strategy, an inability to finish and a genuine lack anything approaching mediocrity, let alone quality. The future is not bright, it's oblivion.

Lost the will to live watching that one this afto, were it not for Paddy, don't think I would have applauded once. Whoever comes in (and Radio Leicester 'know' it will be Gunnar Thordasen - or whatever his name is - from Notts County), has one helluva job to keep us up. I for one am not looking forward to the next three months.

I'm inclined to believe that it has very little to do with football ability it's all in their heads, it's down to confidence. For the short term a tactician is not the most important ingredient we need it's someone to dispossess their minds of fear and inadequacy.

Well that's the straw I'm firmly clinging to, mind you not recommended for building anything of substance.

Here here. It was shameful. And I'm getting sick of these people lecturing about 'getting behind the team' and cheering no matter how pisspoor it all is. Why the hell should we? Would your collleagues at work or your boss be patting you on the back if you weren't pulling you weight and justifying your place in the team? At the end of the day these players are meant to be towards the top end of the spectrum in terms of the professional game and are being paid accordingly. They earn ludicrous amounts of money and I don't think it's too much to ask for them to at least be able to pass the ball properly at this level. :mad:

Here here. It was shameful. And I'm getting sick of these people lecturing about 'getting behind the team' and cheering no matter how pisspoor it all is. Why the hell should we? Would your collleagues at work or your boss be patting you on the back if you weren't pulling you weight and justifying your place in the team? At the end of the day these players are meant to be towards the top end of the spectrum in terms of the professional game and are being paid accordingly. They earn ludicrous amounts of money and I don't think it's too much to ask for them to at least be able to pass the ball properly at this level. :mad:

Of Course we're getting behind the team, fans are still going to the games aren't they? There was over 20,OOO there on Saturday but when we can't score let alone play well then it is very hard to get excited. Kelly isn't the answer but neither can we expect a sudden upturn in form when we have lost 7 out of the last 8 games. Lets just hope the players play better on Tuesday night and Fryatt gets a couple of goals.

I'm inclined to believe that it has very little to do with football ability it's all in their heads, it's down to confidence. For the short term a tactician is not the most important ingredient we need it's someone to dispossess their minds of fear and inadequacy.

Well that's the straw I'm firmly clinging to, mind you not recommended for building anything of substance.

Definitely agree with that davieg.

We need someone who can instill some confidence into the squad, the quality is there and we just need a manager who can motivate the players into giving their all week in week out!

I wholly agree with that. It's so obvious they're not playing with any confidence, most of them seem fearful when on the ball.

We know this set of players have skill and can play well together, we saw it for a 4-6 game run leading up to the Sheff Utd win. We're only going to see that kind of link up play and creativity again if the players gain confidence in themselves and their place within the lineup/formation.

The reason we looked poor on Saturday had a lot to do with the poor quality of passes and very little movement off the ball. These are the type of things that a confident team do effortlessly and naturally.

With the right attitude within the squad we can hopefully gain some confidence but, ultimately, it's only really going to set in once they've got a few wins under their belt.

I agree with most, it's definitly a confidence\motivational thing. No offence to Kelly, but he was a major part of the Levien era and hence I don't think he will be able to give that extra what a fresh new manager can. I was so hoping that Kelly could be the man and totally invigorate city, but the smell of failure from Levien still permeates from him. A new manager required asap!!

The sacking of Craig Levein has certainly took everybody's mind off the horrible situation this club finds themselves in. I mean we are literally on the verge of relegation and the implications of that could be devastating. Forget what Foxes_Trust and Davies says about the financial stuff, granted it won't be the same as dropping from the premiership to the championship but even so I hazard a guess that we'll have to sell about half a dozen or so players to survive the relegation and possibly more depending on who fancies a season or so in League One.

We are in the shit and the board have literally got one throw of the dice left to save this club and even keeping us up in the championship is hardly an achievement but a bare necessity. This club has bollocksed it up big time under Levein and we've all been slow on the up take albeit a few fans who claimed they knew it all along. We do have some good youngsters but they are playing below themselves as are the alledged experienced players we have such as Douglas, Dublin, Tiatto, etc.

We need an impact manager, hopefully someone who can competely change this clubs mindset within a matter of days and keep this club up. We also need this manager to then be able to take us to the next level which is to challenge for a place in the top 6. It's all well and good saying let's get a short term manager in who can keep us up, but if they do keep us up then they'll be given the job for another 3 years and if it's someone like Reid or Graham Taylor then the fans won't be too happy. Money is obviously tight but if it means selling a player to fund a decent manager then gamble on it and sell one. I would be gutted if someone of Stearman's talent was sold but I guarantee he'll be the first one shipped out next season if we are relegated for a cut price fee and that would really feel like arse rape.

Steve Cotterill ticks every box for me other than one thing, this 4-5-1 malarky. I'm under the impression he might be inclined not to play it if he had the right resources. We have 4 strikers at this club and I doubt he'd leave 3 out each match and as some people say Iain Hume isn't a striker so Fryatt up on his won with Smith, Hume and a decent right winger might be more attacking than the shower we've seen recently. Burnley have scored a hell of alot more goals than us this season playing 4-5-1 and that's what matters. Cotterill took over at Burnley when they had only half a dozen playing staff on their books. He made a few phone calls and bought in some unknown players from the lwoer leagues or players that were on the scrapheap and drove the team to a 13th place finish, 2 places above us last season. He also had his star striker sold from under his nose (Robbie Blake) and made Akinbiyi his replacement much to the delight of Leicester fans ridiculing him. This season they currently lie 10th, 12 places above us having won 8 more games than us and have just had their star striker sold from under his nose once more. If Cotterill does carry on as Burnley manager do you think that he'd let that bother him in terms of achievement? No, he'd just go out and sign a run of the mill striker who will no doubt score him 15-20 goals in a season and keep them ticking over.

That then asks the question, what would he be like with more resources. I know we have bugger all money but we already have a squad vastly more talented than Burnley's, it just needs a manager who gets the best out of players for us to be atleast a top 8 team in this league. I've got over the Neil Lennon dream, although i'd still welcome it if the chance arose. I'm swaying towards Cotterill, a manager who knows the league well and has done a similar job with Burnley as what's needed with Leicester plus abit more and I think he can do that. I think we're being unrealistic to expect Mike Newell to come to us and I also think it's a gamble to go for an unproven manager at this level such as Dave Penney or Martin Allen, even though I have faith that both of these managers are capable and destined to manage at a higher level than they currently are.

Cotterill for me and if we can't get him then Eric Black from Birmingham please. They are the 2 i'm sticking with now. Both impressed me in their managerial careers albeit brief in Black's case but I think both are impact men who would relish the situation we are in and not be scared of it.

Archived