Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chairman of the Bored

Arsenal Rant

For no other reason than I hate them, I want to slag off Aresenal. Always falling over, supercillious and smug, they think the world owes them trophies. Wengers cheesy face, always looking high and mighty and sueprior to any other manager. I shoud love to win the £125m Euro Millions, buy Arsenal and then close them down. Hate every one of 'em, but especially that little cheat Reyes. Thank you.

I've never liked The Arse, but they're fans must be mightily pissed off at present. With no chance of winning the Premiership, they get knocked out of both cups in the space of 4 days purely because their manager refuses to play his strongest side. What is he playing at?

Still, you have to laugh... lol

Is all this anti-Arsenal stuff just jealousy?

Arsenal usually play attractive, inventive, flowing attacking football. With Liverpool and Chelsea playing such defensive football, and Man Utd heading that way (thanks largely to Carlos Queiroz) Arsenal play the best football in the country. By a mile.

I'd go further. Arsene Wenger is the best thing to happen to English football for a long, long time. Apart from his commitment to lovely passing football, he ushered in almost singlehandedly a more professional attitude. When Wenger first arrived in this country English football and English footballers were an embarassment. Drunken, overweight, mindless neanderthals playing pathetic long-ball 'tactics'.

Wenger changed things. His players were given modern diet and exercise regimes to match the European teams who were leaving English clubs behind, and more importantly they were kept in top psychological shape too. Arsenal's success under Wenger, and with a fraction of Man U's financial budget, prompted other clubs to modernize the way in which they operated. More modern training was used, more thought given to player psychology, more importance was placed on proper diet. The result of this is that we now have a national team that can go to a World Cup and expect to compete with the top nations, rather than a backwards team playing backwards tactics and making itself a laughing stock.

My only problem with Arsenal is that they could bring through a few more home-grown players instead of buying up so many foreigners. Still, the purchase of Theo Walcott shows that English players will get their chance if they're good enough.

Ultimately, Arsene Wenger showed that a continental approach could be successful in the English game, and dragged football in this country into a new era. For this, we all owe him a huge debt of gratitude.

And how wonderful it will be to NOT see Arsenal in a major cup final this season. Because they sure as hell aren't going to win the Champions League.

I wouldnt be too sure, i think this could be there year......

But they do p*ss e off and yes i think it is a jealousy thing (for me anyway)

Jealousy? My arse! I've always hated Arsenal. Wenger and his diving, moaning, smug, non-penalty taking bunch of over priced, over paid lackies has brought it to a head. Believe it or not, if Leicester fell as far as the Conference South I wouldn't be jealous of a single other club. Jealousy is not a word I associate with football. I might be jealous of the guy who's dating Nicole Kidman, or the millionnaire who's just bought a wondrous pile of bricks in the country, but not of a football club and it's supporters. Leicester is my club, every other club (apart from Bournemouth who I also like) simply don't register. They are there to be beaten or mocked. Fair enough, Arsenal play vaguely attractive football every now again, but it's the antics that go with it I can't stand. Pires? A poor excuse for a man. Senderos? Sub-human. The goalkeeper (who's name I can't recall as I have a permenant mental block for time wasting cheats)? Cretin. Need I go on? Terry Henry scores an oocasional belter, but don't they like the world to know and to rub everyone else's face in it? Arsenal? Jealousy? Ha, ha bloody ha.

i wouldn't be bothered if they had 4-5 english players but they can't afford them because of their new stadium so i hhope they go down with man u and chelsea that would make the premiership more interesting

Believe it or not, if Leicester fell as far as the Conference South I wouldn't be jealous of a single other club.

Just to be boring and pedantic, Moor Green, Worcester, Nuneaton and Hinckley are all more southerly than Leicester and all of them play in the Conference North. I think that in four years time Leicester will be playing in the Conference North not the Conference South.

i wouldn't be bothered if they had 4-5 english players but they can't afford them because of their new stadium so i hhope they go down with man u and chelsea that would make the premiership more interesting

It would bugger up the promotion chances of all the other Championship teams, though.

Is all this anti-Arsenal stuff just jealousy?

Arsenal usually play attractive, inventive, flowing attacking football. With Liverpool and Chelsea playing such defensive football, and Man Utd heading that way (thanks largely to Carlos Queiroz) Arsenal play the best football in the country. By a mile.

I'd go further. Arsene Wenger is the best thing to happen to English football for a long, long time. Apart from his commitment to lovely passing football, he ushered in almost singlehandedly a more professional attitude. When Wenger first arrived in this country English football and English footballers were an embarassment. Drunken, overweight, mindless neanderthals playing pathetic long-ball 'tactics'.

Wenger changed things. His players were given modern diet and exercise regimes to match the European teams who were leaving English clubs behind, and more importantly they were kept in top psychological shape too. Arsenal's success under Wenger, and with a fraction of Man U's financial budget, prompted other clubs to modernize the way in which they operated. More modern training was used, more thought given to player psychology, more importance was placed on proper diet. The result of this is that we now have a national team that can go to a World Cup and expect to compete with the top nations, rather than a backwards team playing backwards tactics and making itself a laughing stock.

My only problem with Arsenal is that they could bring through a few more home-grown players instead of buying up so many foreigners. Still, the purchase of Theo Walcott shows that English players will get their chance if they're good enough.

Ultimately, Arsene Wenger showed that a continental approach could be successful in the English game, and dragged football in this country into a new era. For this, we all owe him a huge debt of gratitude.

What a load of sloblock!!

You're obviously too young to remember George Graham, and the years of medocrity that passed between that and them winning the double back in 1971.

I couldn't give two hoots about any other side, to be fair. Besides, I'm not the jealous kind.

Just to be boring and pedantic, Moor Green, Worcester, Nuneaton and Hinckley are all more southerly than Leicester and all of them play in the Conference North. I think that in four years time Leicester will be playing in the Conference North not the Conference South.

Ok, but in 3 years time the balance will have tipped and we'll be in the south. What with that, global warming, the next Tsunami and a meteorite crashing into the earth, we might even be playing in the Brazilian 7th Division.

What a load of sloblock!!

You're obviously too young to remember George Graham, and the years of medocrity that passed between that and them winning the double back in 1971.

I couldn't give two hoots about any other side, to be fair. Besides, I'm not the jealous kind.

I remember George Graham well, but things have changed since the days of "1-0 to the Arsenal".

I still maintain that Arsenal are the one of the most entertaining sides in the Premiership, and, with most other teams in the division playing 4-5-1, they deserve credit for the way they approach their games.

It's just a shame they have such evil fans. I mean, Osama Bin Laden and Dido...

Arsenal "entertaining"?

At Highbury, perhaps, but not elsewhere.

Even with Henry, Reyes and Van Persie in their side, they've managed fewer away goals in the league than Sunderland.

And I've not forgotten or forgiven their despicably negative performance in last year's FA Cup Final, when they won the trophy despite not having ONE shot on target in the whole game.

They could well lose out on a Champions League place to local rivals Spurs. If so, the repercussions would be horrendous. Henry could leave, and spark off a decline which would leave them struggling to fill their new Emirates Stadium. This could lead to a financial crisis which would make the problems suffered by Leeds and the FOXES look minuscule by comparison.

But it would be no more than their arrogant glory-hunting fans deserve! :D

Lovely jubbly tonight. Old Whinger on the touch line berating the 4th official as his empire crumbled. And where did Campbell go at half time? All is not well up the Arse. Love it!

Arsenal are alright, its Chelsea that peeve me. :mad:

At least Chelsea do put in the occasional English/British player!! Arsenal buy 1 English player every 2 years play him once or twice, he has a bad game, goes out on loan to Norwich/Blackburn etc... and is sold for a quarter of the price. then he brings in a sub-standard French player and carries on regardless!!! :mad:

Another point is under Wenger Arsenal have been a 2-man team. Henry and Viera. If either one didn't play they played awfully (i.e. 1-1 the last time in the prem with us!) Now Viera has gone permanetly Henry can't carry the team alone, and look at their league position :eek: struggling to keep level with the mighty Wigan!!

Phew, sorry rant over!! Just don't like them very much!!!

Archived