Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Looking forward to Rob Kelly

sorry, what?

he's had one game!

No he hasn't he's been here over a year.

Trust me is a busted flush, like that Ernie Tippett guy that used to be at Wimbledon then took over at Rushden & Diamonds and screwed them up. He's been involved in it all so he has to go too, he is clearly shite.

No he hasn't he's been here over a year.

Trust me is a busted flush, like that Ernie Tippett guy that used to be at Wimbledon then took over at Rushden & Diamonds and screwed them up. He's been involved in it all so he has to go too, he is clearly shite.

god, get a grip, u cant expect him to make everything perfect straight away!!

god, get a grip, u cant expect him to make everything perfect straight away!!

lol

You could give him a magic wand and he wouldn't get it right, he isn't good enough. If CL and the other 2 were considered no good then so should he, he was part of it and clearly the players don't think much of him as they were pish again.

Well wasn't he supposed to be one of the brightest minds in the English game? What a cock up he has been.

What it does illustrate is we have the worst administration running our Club possibly ever.

What a load of shit you talk.

You don't even know the role he had at the club. He would have taken some training sessions but would only of done Leveins bidding.

He may well be shit, he may well be good. Nobody has proof either way.

You don't even know the role he had at the club. He would have taken some training sessions but would only of done Leveins bidding.

Eh? Yes I do, he was Assistant Manager, second in charge, appointed at the request of the board.

He's useless, just look at the way the players responded with a respounding swashbuckling performance. Oh no they didn't did they, in fact they threw it away at the end and we never looked likely all afternoon, but still he isn't perceived as rubbish so we should tell it how it is.

Get rid of him and Davies and then we might be able to start recovering.

Eh? Yes I do, he was Assistant Manager, second in charge, appointed at the request of the board.

Right, so you actually think he would have come into the club and made the team play the way he wanted it rather than the way Levein wanted it. You think Levein would let him decide tactics and how to train the players?? hmmmm... riiiiiight.

He's useless, just look at the way the players responded with a respounding swashbuckling performance.

So all of a sudden after 2/3 days he is expected to turn us into a well oiled machine, capable of winning any match. Jesus I feel sorry for any new manager coming in, sounds like he's going to be hounded out after about 2 games if you are anything to go by.

Maybe, just maybe... the players are just not good enough. We all sit here saying how good players like Hughes, McCarthy, Gerrbrand are but i'm yet to see them prove they are any good.

He's useless, just look at the way the players responded with a respounding swashbuckling performance. Oh no they didn't did they, in fact they threw it away at the end and we never looked likely all afternoon, but still he isn't perceived as rubbish so we should tell it how it is.

Yes, his title was Assistant Manager but no-one knows for sure what Levein had him doing. Rob got my cousin tickets for Stoke away, a few months back now in the directors area, and my cousin had Rob sitting next to him all game. I presume Levein had told Kelly to watch the game from up there and report back at half time. I wouldn't call that doing the Assistant Manager's job, would you? He can hardly assist Levein if what he has to tell him has to be saved up until half time.

At least Rob was honest after the game unlike Levein who tried to cover things up with the same old excuses and he tried to play players in their correct positions where he could. Hughes had a much more productive game playing down the middle than out wide.

Yes, his title was Assistant Manager but no-one knows for sure what Levein had him doing. Rob got my cousin tickets for Stoke away, a few months back now in the directors area, and my cousin had Rob sitting next to him all game. I presume Levein had told Kelly to watch the game from up there and report back at half time. I wouldn't call that doing the Assistant Manager's job, would you? He can hardly assist Levein if what he has to tell him has to be saved up until half time.

My point exactly. :thumbup:

Right, so you actually think he would have come into the club and made the team play the way he wanted it rather than the way Levein wanted it. You think Levein would let him decide tactics and how to train the players?? hmmmm... riiiiiight.

So all of a sudden after 2/3 days he is expected to turn us into a well oiled machine, capable of winning any match. Jesus I feel sorry for any new manager coming in, sounds like he's going to be hounded out after about 2 games if you are anything to go by.

Maybe, just maybe... the players are just not good enough. We all sit here saying how good players like Hughes, McCarthy, Gerrbrand are but i'm yet to see them prove they are any good.

lol lol lol

Which part of he has been with us for 12 months don't people get? He has been part of the backroom set up and is as culpible as the rest of them. All the players know him yet didn't respond, it isn't like he is new to the squad.

I hardly think he has been sitting around scratching his arse <_<

He is crap, just accept it and move on. For the life of me I can't understand why people are getting so defensive about him, singing his praises when we were beaten again so abjectly.

At least Rob was honest after the game unlike Levein who tried to cover things up with the same old excuses and he tried to play players in their correct positions where he could. Hughes had a much more productive game playing down the middle than out wide.

I wouldn't go as far as Barton but his attempt at 'playing players in their correct positions' was no better than CL, we still had Johansson at left back didn't he see the games where that was shown not to work, and moving hughes into the centre fine, but then to put Maybury on the right midfield rather defeats the attempt.

lol lol lol

Which part of he has been with us for 12 months don't people get? He has been part of the backroom set up and is as culpible as the rest of them. All the players know him yet didn't respond, it isn't like he is new to the squad.

I hardly think he has been sitting around scratching his arse <_<

He is crap, just accept it and move on. For the life of me I can't understand why people are getting so defensive about him, singing his praises when we were beaten again so abjectly.

I can't understand why you think he's crap after only one game as caretaker manager? The fact that he's been here 12 months means nothing. He had a totally different role back then. If Levein was as stubborn as people have said he has been in the past, I think that most of the time he did what he wanted regardless. And I'm sure that he wouldn't have taken too kindly to having an "Assistant" appointed for him. I wasn't a Levein basher when he was with us, I don't think it was because he was Scottish that things weren't working out but he's gone now and I think it's wrong to get on Kelly's back so soon. Personally, although we lost and created very little, I don't think we did too badly. It was just too very average teams out there and Southampton capitalised on a mistake. I agree with Babylon in the way he says that the player may not be good enough and if that's the case then whoever is brought in will struggle.

I wouldn't go as far as Barton but his attempt at 'playing players in their correct positions' was no better than CL, we still had Johansson at left back didn't he see the games where that was shown not to work, and moving hughes into the centre fine, but then to put Maybury on the right midfield rather defeats the attempt.

Johansson didn't do badly today in that position and to be fair that is one of his positions. He didn't really have much choice at left back. Play Sheehan and you have a back four which is very young and likely to make a mistake, as Gerrbrand showed today. Kisnorbo, it would seem from reports of the Plymouth match, has been played out of position all season. As much as I think Sylla is lazy, if he had been available today I think we would've been better balanced and more creative.

While I'm sure the board were praying for a win today so that we wouldn't have to spend more money on a replacement, the chance of it happening was slip, and I don't think they're going to be able to avoid getting someone else in. I was a bit dismayed that there wasn't as much confidence and passion as I'd expect from the team when trying to impress a new manager - then again that is just as likely to be a sign of the kind of players we have as the management. I didn't really expect anything spectacular from Kelly though, he is just holding the fort to give us more time. As with Levein, at another club at with more time he might be able to do a good job, but he's probably not what we need right now. I'd imagine that he'll get the QPR game then there will be a replacement in for the Wolves match - better appointing someone from within to be a caretaker than spending money on bringing in someone for a couple of games.

I agree with Babylon and jonblue - Barton you are being ridiculous (as usual I may add). How the f**k do you know what Kelly did as assistant? Just because he had the title of Assistant manager (appointed by the board, not Levein) it doesn't mean he is Levein Mk2. Everyone has their own ideas and for you to write him off after one match is absurd.

Yes it was an average performance, but what did you bloody expect? For the team to suddenly turn into Chelsea? Hell, I feel sorry for the next manager (if it's not Kelly) if he doesn't win his first match in charge and the team don't give a Brazil-esque performance.

The players probably dont see it as like a new start because Kelly was there before and is still there now. I think we should clear out everyone and bring a whole new batch of people in. Then the players will be out to impress......

You are always having a go at Tim Davies - got a grudge by any chance Barton?

Can someone please explain to me what is so great about Rob Kelly?

Was he not part of the backroom staff that have guided us to 3rd bottom? Has he played no part in that? I didn't realise he is blameless why is that, why does he deserve to stay and the other 3 go?

Players voted with their feet today, not even a whimper and players played out of position again, but I guess he can do that, yeah?

Can someone please explain to me what is so great about Rob Kelly?

Was he not part of the backroom staff that have guided us to 3rd bottom? Has he played no part in that? I didn't realise he is blameless why is that, why does he deserve to stay and the other 3 go?

Players voted with their feet today, not even a whimper and players played out of position again, but I guess he can do that, yeah?

ok who was out of position.. Maybury and Johansson. Two players. We haven't exactly got a prominent LB (IMO Sheehan is still a little too young and needs to be sent out on loan for a bit). Johansson is probably the best we can hope for at LB at the moment, hes about the best I've seen there. You could argue that we could have had Hughes out on the right of midfield and Weso starting in the middle but I think we'll all agree Hughes is best in the middle rather than out on the wing. My friend suggested switching Maybury with Stearman today but I personally wouldn't have agreed with that. I don't rate Maybury in any position I've seen him at the back, I think he did ok today on the right of midfield. I personally thought the line up we fielded was decent, obviously it will be nice to have Fryatt back now.. I felt if he had been on today rather than Hammond we may have been a little more successful upfront. I've seen the goal again on the replay and it was through a Gerrbrand error at the end which is a shame. I felt nearly all the players we saw today had an ok match. The last game I went to see before today was against Crewe and we were quite woeful that day from what I member.. only a quality goal from Hume spared us utter embarassment that day.

Just quit being a fag, we can't afford to go sacking all our backroom staff anyway and Rob Kelly is the best option we have at the minute, like it or lump it. I personally think that he did ok for todays game, I expect he will be in charge against QPR and but for a few niggles that I have mentioned elsewhere, I think we could take all 3 points..

ok who was out of position.. Maybury and Johansson. Two players. We haven't exactly got a prominent LB (IMO Sheehan is still a little too young and needs to be sent out on loan for a bit). Johansson is probably the best we can hope for at LB at the moment, hes about the best I've seen there. You could argue that we could have had Hughes out on the right of midfield and Weso starting in the middle but I think we'll all agree Hughes is best in the middle rather than out on the wing. My friend suggested switching Maybury with Stearman today but I personally wouldn't have agreed with that. I don't rate Maybury in any position I've seen him at the back, I think he did ok today on the right of midfield. I personally thought the line up we fielded was decent, obviously it will be nice to have Fryatt back now.. I felt if he had been on today rather than Hammond we may have been a little more successful upfront. I've seen the goal again on the replay and it was through a Gerrbrand error at the end which is a shame. I felt nearly all the players we saw today had an ok match. The last game I went to see before today was against Crewe and we were quite woeful that day from what I member.. only a quality goal from Hume spared us utter embarassment that day.

Just quit being a fag, we can't afford to go sacking all our backroom staff anyway and Rob Kelly is the best option we have at the minute, like it or lump it. I personally think that he did ok for todays game, I expect he will be in charge against QPR and but for a few niggles that I have mentioned elsewhere, I think we could take all 3 points..

It's the other left-backs want to go out on loan, preferably permanent loan to the Orkneys or something. The only time we collect any points when Sheehan's in the team. I told Tim Davies in my email that if Levein had used Sheehan this season he would probably have plundered enough points not to have got sacked. I've said before it's not what he doesn't do better than others that counts, it is what he does do. It's been almost a criminal waste of talent and City have suffered for it.

I meant to ask. Does anyone know if he's injured or something ridiculous. That's the only reason I can think of for why he wasn't in the team today. I tried to ask Kelly but he turned a deaf ear.

It's the other left-backs want to go out on loan, preferably permanent loan to the Orkneys or something. The only time we collect any points when Sheehan's in the team. I told Tim Davies in my email that if Levein had used Sheehan this season he would probably have plundered enough points not to have got sacked. I've said before it's not what he doesn't do better than others that counts, it is what he does do. It's been almost a criminal waste of talent and City have suffered for it.

I meant to ask. Does anyone know if he's injured or something ridiculous. That's the only reason I can think of for why he wasn't in the team today. I tried to ask Kelly but he turned a deaf ear.

A good time to give Sheehan a break at left back. But I think the more you suggest it Thrac the more they reject it. And this is where I see CL and Kelly being similar, their stubborness. They seem to go out of their way to find players to play out of position. Even today Right Mid was given to a defender Maybury who has been pretty well shite in recent times even by his own admissions and we leave Weso on the bench when it is known he is proficient anywhere in midfield after a not able perfomance on Tuesday night. Possibly Kelly cares to play more experienced players but these are the same ones that got us and CL in this mess. Please get rid of Kelly immediately as he reminds me of the Levein era, especially when he called on MdV to help us score a goal. As if that was going to happen.

A good time to give Sheehan a break at left back. But I think the more you suggest it Thrac the more they reject it. And this is where I see CL and Kelly being similar, their stubborness. They seem to go out of their way to find players to play out of position. Even today Right Mid was given to a defender Maybury who has been pretty well shite in recent times even by his own admissions and we leave Weso on the bench when it is known he is proficient anywhere in midfield after a not able perfomance on Tuesday night. Possibly Kelly cares to play more experienced players but these are the same ones that got us and CL in this mess. Please get rid of Kelly immediately as he reminds me of the Levein era, especially when he called on MdV to help us score a goal. As if that was going to happen.

Couldn't agree more with that, especially the bit about Kelly. Get him on the bus tomorrow and put Dion in charge for Tuesday. If we're going to have Levein style mark two we might as well do without.

You could get a team off the Abbey Park to put more than two shots on target in a match. He's a jobsworth.

Archived