Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Looking forward to Rob Kelly

What a load of shit you talk.

You don't even know the role he had at the club. He would have taken some training sessions but would only of done Leveins bidding.

He may well be shit, he may well be good. Nobody has proof either way.

Leaving Kisnorbo and MdV on the bench I thought he knew what he was doing. But bringing MdV on and expecting he was going to make something happened proved the guys as stupid and inept as Levein. Kelly is our No 1 man at the moment, but I fear he has basic Levein ideas. Chandler, why didn't you warn us more of these 2 lunatics at the helm.

Can someone please explain to me what is so great about Rob Kelly?

Was he not part of the backroom staff that have guided us to 3rd bottom? Has he played no part in that? I didn't realise he is blameless why is that, why does he deserve to stay and the other 3 go?

Oh my god you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Nobody has said the guy is great for christs sake. What we are doing is sticking up for him, because you are making sweeping judgements on the guy when you have absolutly no idea what his responsabilities are. You aren't even thinking things through clearly, Levein has worked with Houston and Black for all this time and you think he would allow Kelly to come in and make the team play his way. :rolleyes:

A the end of the day he will probably be shown the door when a new person gets installed, but what did you want from the board? Sack every member of coaching staff and have Mavis the tea lady running things.

Players voted with their feet today, not even a whimper and players played out of position again, but I guess he can do that, yeah?

Right so when a new guy comes in and the same happens will you be calling for his head after one game?

And as for playing people out of position!! Nils played left back for Blcakburn, and we had no other right winger on the books. So even if we had Mouriniho as manager someone would still have been out of position.

You could get a team off the Abbey Park to put more than two shots on target in a match. He's a jobsworth.

Maybe you should read what I wrote again.

"He may well be shit, he may well be good. Nobody has proof either way."

Team of Abbey Park.... yeah of course you could :rolleyes:

Oh my god you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Nobody has said the guy is great for christs sake. What we are doing is sticking up for him, because you are making sweeping judgements on the guy when you have absolutly no idea what his responsabilities are. You aren't even thinking things through clearly, Levein has worked with Houston and Black for all this time and you think he would allow Kelly to come in and make the team play his way. :rolleyes:

A the end of the day he will probably be shown the door when a new person gets installed, but what did you want from the board? Sack every member of coaching staff and have Mavis the tea lady running things.

Right so when a new guy comes in and the same happens will you be calling for his head after one game?

And as for playing people out of position!! Nils played left back for Blcakburn, and we had no other right winger on the books. So even if we had Mouriniho as manager someone would still have been out of position.

So what you are saying is you have no positive things to say about Rob Kelly and you are just arguing because you'd feel like you were being disloyal otherwise?

I bet you are one of those happy-clappers who merrily clap along to Rocking All Over The World, and applaud the ball boys.

Leaving Kisnorbo and MdV on the bench I thought he knew what he was doing. But bringing MdV on and expecting he was going to make something happened proved the guys as stupid and inept as Levein. Kelly is our No 1 man at the moment, but I fear he has basic Levein ideas. Chandler, why didn't you warn us more of these 2 lunatics at the helm.

MDV replaced Hammond. I thought that was a good substitution, Hammond was crap yesterday. Obviously I am not saying De Vries should be used in the starting line up, I personally think it should be Hume and Fryatt. But yesterday I'd say De Vries had more effect on the game than Hammond despite the fact he was only on for the last 20.

So what you are saying is you have no positive things to say about Rob Kelly and you are just arguing because you'd feel like you were being disloyal otherwise?

I bet you are one of those happy-clappers who merrily clap along to Rocking All Over The World, and applaud the ball boys.

No, what i'm saying is you have no evidence of what Rob Kellys involvement was at the club just like I don't. Although, common sense would lead any rational person to realise that Levein and his two assistants would be the ones making all the decisions and telling Kelly what to do with the players.

I've got no positive things to say as he has in effect only had 3 days in total control of the players without being under Leveins control. Which is why i'm shocked at the way you are tagging him as some kind of anti-christ.

I bet you are one of those fans who boos his own players before they even kick off. God help the new man with 'fans' like you.

My view is that Rob Kelly was part of the problem. For us to get out of our current mentality and form, we need a fresh start, and having Kelly in charge doesn't provide that. I think we all recognise that Kelly is here on a temporary basis, so I don't have a problem with it.

For all the different ideas and views Kelly had which differed to Levein, we need someone from the outside, who will make a brutal assessment of the players and impose their own ideas on the team.

I'm sure Kelly will be given the QPR game, but an appointment is likely for the Wolves game, which would be a good time for that to happen. A home game, with the fans behind the team.

Eh? Yes I do, he was Assistant Manager, second in charge.

So was Gordon Lee, and he performed the greatest of Great Escapes.

BTW, I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, so please don't have a pop at me. Thank you.

No, what i'm saying is you have no evidence of what Rob Kellys involvement was at the club just like I don't. Although, common sense would lead any rational person to realise that Levein and his two assistants would be the ones making all the decisions and telling Kelly what to do with the players.

I've got no positive things to say as he has in effect only had 3 days in total control of the players without being under Leveins control. Which is why i'm shocked at the way you are tagging him as some kind of anti-christ.

I bet you are one of those fans who boos his own players before they even kick off. God help the new man with 'fans' like you.

The only thing I am tagging Kelly with is the fact he is not good enough to warrant being at our Club in the capacity he has been. He needs to go as soon as possible, I still can't understand why people are kissing his ass.

The only people I boo are the numerous numpties that follow this Club. We must have one of the thickest supports in the country.

I like CL, I think he could have done an excellent job here but too many things were against him and with an element of prejudicial supporters from the start of the season and other issues (which will come out soon enough) against him it was game over. Sadly we also have a weak and clueless CEO who still didn't get the problems until too late.

So was Gordon Lee, and he performed the greatest of Great Escapes.

BTW, I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, so please don't have a pop at me. Thank you.

You're quite right Lisa and we got away with that just, one of the best days ever was that Oxford game and it set the tone for the next amazing 10 years.

Gordon Lee though had been a manager before and knew the score :whistle:

For what it's worth i don't think for a second that kelly, would be any better than CL.

Now it's down to the board to choose very wisely this time around. I'm not too sure that any of the said manager names popping up would be at all great managers, Maybe a quick fix to keep us up.

For what it's worth i don't think for a second that kelly, would be any better than CL.

Now it's down to the board to choose very wisely this time around. I'm not too sure that any of the said manager names popping up would be at all great managers, Maybe a quick fix to keep us up.

One dose of what Kelly dishes up as football was enough, thanks. We need a radical rethink by Tuesday.

The only thing I am tagging Kelly with is the fact he is not good enough to warrant being at our Club in the capacity he has been.

But that's precisely the point i'm trying to make, nobody knows what his capacity was. Yes his tag was "assistant manager" but I very much doubt he was assisting in the same sense as a Roberston under O'Neil.

He would have his own ideas on how things should be done, but we all know how stubborn Levein was so the chances of him taking any notice of Kelly would be minimal. He's more likely to stick to his own ideas and those of his chums who came with him from Scotland.

Don't get me wrong I don't want the guy as manager, i'm just saying to critisise him so heavily when his influence has been minimal is wrong IMO.

But that's precisely the point i'm trying to make, nobody knows what his capacity was. Yes his tag was "assistant manager" but I very much doubt he was assisting in the same sense as a Roberston under O'Neil.

He would have his own ideas on how things should be done, but we all know how stubborn Levein was so the chances of him taking any notice of Kelly would be minimal. He's more likely to stick to his own ideas and those of his chums who came with him from Scotland.

Don't get me wrong I don't want the guy as manager, i'm just saying to critisise him so heavily when his influence has been minimal is wrong IMO.

You can't say all that about Kelly and then accuse Levein of being stubborn as a known fact, a perception maybe.

You can't say all that about Kelly and then accuse Levein of being stubborn as a known fact, a perception maybe.

Sorry, from almost all of our perceptions it would seem Levein was stubborn because he constantly played underperforming players, seemed to refuse to take any blame and failed to accept we were in a bloody mess.

Sure but not one that packs his team with defence-minded players, fields proven non-strikers up front and shows the imagination of an amoeba.

So if Coterill came in and played 5 in midfield you would call for his head after that one game?

As far as I'm concerned, in the few days that Rob Kelly's been in charge, he's got rid of two underperformers, talked a decent talk, overseen what sounded like an exciting game and managed to get an away win - can't knock that at all.

Now we're in the position of having a home game to follow an away victory so we must have a damn good shout at back-to-back wins.

Archived