Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Weso and our young team

Weso was absolutely brilliant last night and if that is anything to go by he is going to be a great player for us, I think he is a natural replacement for Joey and the broken leg hasnt stopped him from going in for challenges, he looked skillful and the passing was good. Great set up for Hughes goal aswell!

I am so excited about the potential of this young team, if you look at some of the players Stearman - was immense AGAIN last night, what a player, the passion is unbelivable. Fryatt is looking better every game and Hume is a real hustler, O'Grady looked good and could be an excellent player to come on in the second half.

I no we are nowhere near out of the relegation battle but the potential is definitley there for a great team. We just need to get rid of Rab, its amazing that Rob Kelly has done all the things we wanted team wise straight away - playing Hume and Fryatt up fron together,, dropping De Vries, playing Weso, putting Kisnorbo in Defence! I say stick with him for a while longer!

The only players who I think are playing shit is Maybury and Johansson id much rather have Gerrbrand and Kisnorbo as CBs!

I think at the minute wing-backs is the formation best suited to this squad of players. It then allows us to play McCarthy, Kisnorbo and Gerrbrand in the centre with Stearman and Sheehan as wingbacks. With Wesolowski, Gudjonsson and Hughes in the centre and Hume and Fryatt upfront. If we want to change things and the formation then Smith and O'Grady can come on as wingers.

It makes sense to me for the time being. Maybury and Johansson get exposed when played out of position.

I hate seeing Smith out of the team but until he finds his confidence and passion again he doesn't deserve to play.

I think at the minute wing-backs is the formation best suited to this squad of players. It then allows us to play McCarthy, Kisnorbo and Gerrbrand in the centre with Stearman and Sheehan as wingbacks. With Wesolowski, Gudjonsson and Hughes in the centre and Hume and Fryatt upfront. If we want to change things and the formation then Smith and O'Grady can come on as wingers.

It makes sense to me for the time being. Maybury and Johansson get exposed when played out of position.

I hate seeing Smith out of the team but until he finds his confidence and passion again he doesn't deserve to play.

QED on the midfield because the QPR fans are bemoaning that their midfielders hardly got a kick. All I'd disagree about is Hume up front. I see O'Grady as a better striker. His shooting technique is more balanced, he holds the ball up and appears to be stronger.

think at the minute wing-backs is the formation best suited to this squad of players. It then allows us to play McCarthy, Kisnorbo and Gerrbrand in the centre with Stearman and Sheehan as wingbacks. With Wesolowski, Gudjonsson and Hughes in the centre and Hume and Fryatt upfront.

:thumbup: Apply for the job, please?

QED on the midfield because the QPR fans are bemoaning that their midfielders hardly got a kick. All I'd disagree about is Hume up front. I see O'Grady as a better striker. His shooting technique is more balanced, he holds the ball up and appears to be stronger.

You might be right, but O'Grady hardly had a prolific spell at Rushden, 4 goals in about 20+ matches which is about what Hume as done here at a higher level. O'Grady does look confident at the minute so he definately deserves a chance, but from what I gather all 3 strikers caused QPR problems last night. Same front pairing on saturday for me and then bring O'Grady on for either of them with 30 mins to go depending on the score.

I share your sentiments regarding Hume.

I'm not sure he is as good as his "fans favourite" tag suggests. Certainly, if we play Fryatt upfront, I am not so sure that Hume is big enough to form an effective partnership with Fryatt. QPR had a clear aerial advantage over us all night. Only when O'Grady came on were we more effective as an attacking unit. I hope we start O'Grady and Fryatt against Wolves.

I can't help feel that we would be better off placing Hume on the right wing. Having said that, we would then probably have the smallest midfield this side of the Amazon Basin Pygmy village.

Archived