Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Impending Suspensions

Just having a look over which players have what bookings it seems like we could end up with a defensive crisis over the next few games/weeks - which in our position is a big problem:

- Maybury received his 5th yellow against QPR and will miss the Brighton game (I believe it takes 7 days to kick in).

- Stearman and Johansson are on 4 yellows each and will miss one game if they pick up another.

- McCarthy is on 9 yellows and will miss two games if he picks up another.

There is a cut off point for suspensions but I believe that isn't until March. I can't see the above players - all of them regulars - going a month without picking up another booking. With Dion (and Wilcox ;) ) leaving this could mean a potentially big problem at the back which we really don't need with so many vital games coming up. In fact with Tiatto and Sylla (and Morris I suppose) missing we could be left very bare for a game or two - I suppose we'll just have to hope that they don't all get suspended for the same game.

So Maybury is already out of the Brighton game.

And Stearman, Macca and Nissa could ALL join him on the sidelines if they pick up a booking on Saturday.

Given that this could be our biggest game of the season, this is frightening. :w00t:

Indiscipline is a serious issue which the new boss, whoever he may be, MUST get a grip on.

Indiscipline is a serious issue which the new boss, whoever he may be, MUST get a grip on.

Particularly yellow cards picked up "stupidly" (ie not for a tackle)... I seem to remember Joey doing that sort of thing in a recent game, for instance (and not for the first time), but he's certainly not the only one!

Particularly yellow cards picked up "stupidly" (ie not for a tackle)... I seem to remember Joey doing that sort of thing in a recent game, for instance (and not for the first time), but he's certainly not the only one!

What if it's a stupid tackle?

My problem with all this indicipline stuff is that I can't decide whether we really are that dirty (stupid), or whether there is a vendetta against us!!

I mean just look at the stats (yes I know they frequently lie to us) for the QPR game!

Fouls: LCFC = 11, QPR = 24

Yellow Cards: LCFC = 3, QPR = 2

How does this add up, especially having watched QPR play!!!??

Statto Louise at it again, good work :thumbup:

Surprisingly enough (not) Radio Leicester failed to pick up any of the aforementioned info.

No doubt with Barber and co trawling through this board they'll be regurgitating these stats on tomorrow's commentary - as if they knew all along. <_<

Except, on further examination, these stats are not quite accurate.

According to the info in today's programme, the bookings count is as follows:

McCarthy 8 (excluding the two v. Leeds as he's already had a 2-match ban for those)

Maybury 5

Stearman 4

Kisnorbo 4

Johansson 3

Tiatto 3 (excluding the two v. Millwall)

Gerrbrand 1

Not quite as grim as we were told, but a potential problem later on in the season.

Except, on further examination, these stats are not quite accurate.

According to the info in today's programme, the bookings count is as follows:

McCarthy 8 (excluding the two v. Leeds as he's already had a 2-match ban for those)

Maybury 5

Stearman 4

Kisnorbo 4

Johansson 3

Tiatto 3 (excluding the two v. Millwall)

Gerrbrand 1

Not quite as grim as we were told, but a potential problem later on in the season.

Hmm. I'd quibble with the programme on this I'm afraid. They've left out Johansson's booking against Preston and Paddy's booking against QPR - maybe those bookings have been cancelled (is that possible?) but the OS, BBC website and Soccerbase seem to agree that they recieved them. (I didn't check the other players you've mentioned, there may be some errors there as well) - I've had a look at one of the other programmes and they list Johansson has having been booked vs Preston, but they didn't put it in the back bit :dunno: .

Hmm. I'd quibble with the programme on this I'm afraid. They've left out Johansson's booking against Preston and Paddy's booking against QPR - maybe those bookings have been cancelled (is that possible?) but the OS, BBC website and Soccerbase seem to agree that they recieved them. (I didn't check the other players you've mentioned, there may be some errors there as well) - I've had a look at one of the other programmes and they list Johansson has having been booked vs Preston, but they didn't put it in the back bit :dunno: .

At least we didn't pick up any bookings today... :)

Archived