Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jyry

Where is The Captain

But "Il Capitano" is a Firm Favourite with the fans..

Rollocks not with me

CL used to play him wide left because there was no place in mid field for him. He always drifted back into the center leaving the left back exposed.

Runs round in ever decreasing circles. Unfortunately he does not disapear up his own arse.

Gives the ball away more times than not.

Gets booked more time that McCarthy and that's going some.

Need any more reasons why he should be left out?

Rollocks not with me

CL used to play him wide left because there was no place in mid field for him. He always drifted back into the center leaving the left back exposed.

Runs round in ever decreasing circles. Unfortunately he does not disapear up his own arse.

Gives the ball away more times than not.

Gets booked more time that McCarthy and that's going some.

Need any more reasons why he should be left out?

He's injured still, so there's another reason - we've had far too many half arsed players out there this season, without resorted to playing half injured half arsed players. lol

I like McCarthy as captain although it sometimes seems to lower the standard of his owb performance when he has the armband because he's trying to tell others what to do. He still needs to learn about the game himself which means the captaincy is a bit of an added weight on his mind. In the future, if McCarthy stays with us, I think he'll be an excellent captain.

Danny Tiatto "Il Capitano" - Full back.

Danny's decision to join Leicester in the summer of 2004 had much to do with his former Manchester City team mate Paul Dickov.

The Australian international, capped 25 times by his country, was available on a free transfer after his contract ended and even though Dickov had left Leicester, he urged Danny to make the move.

"Paul had a lot of nice things to say about the club and what a good set-up it is," he said. "He told me I would enjoy myself here, that they are a good bunch of lads with a great coaching staff. So I actually made my mind up straight away to come here."

He put pen to paper on a two-year deal keeping him at the Walkers Stadium until the end of the 2005/06 season.

After spells in his native Australia as well as Italy and Switzerland, he began his career in England with a 15-match loan at Stoke City. His last game there was against Manchester City and boss Joe Royle signed him for £300,000 in the summer of 1998. In total, he made 158 appearances for the club, scoring four goals.

He scored his first goal for the Foxes in November 2004, scoring Leicester's second on the stroke of half-time in a 3-0 victory over Coventry City at the Walkers Stadium.

A firm favourite with the fans, Danny took over the captain's armband from Matt Elliott and was voted Player of the Season by City supporters at the club's 2005 awards ceremony.

At the start of the season he did look to play with some passion and certainly created movement which was sadly lacking elsewhere. But after a month or so, he seemed to become totally demented, hacking out and the movement was started to resemble that of a headless chicken. I'm not that against him - I think he lost direction, more than anything else, and could probably still be useful member of the team on occasions.

McCarthy is too young to be a captain. Il Capitano is best in captains' role.

Mickaël Landreau was Nantes' captain at the age of 18 and has been ever since I believe.

Where are you from anyway, and why your obsession with Twitto?

Archived