Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Supporter Questionnaire Results

Looking in on this debate I find the club administrators either cowing away from a clear direction of 70% of its support base who say they want a complete ban on smoking at the ground. This is clearly a majority vote but it appears they (club administrators) cant or don't want to, or are to scared to make a decision to ban smoking.

Before smokers start having a go I am not saying its right to ban but I am saying the majority want it banned and the club is still sitting on the fence. Imagine after the game against Leeds there will be a ad hoc decision made which will be confusing for both smokers and non smokers and this will just allow smokers to smoke and get the already over officious stewards another reason to jump on someone for having the cheek to enjoy themselves. How dare you do this at an event you have paid $20 odd quid to watch. Before you know it you will be asking to sing.......standing up..........What is this world coming too?

Hey! I have just had an idea...a brain wave.....a practical solution to the Kop issue. Why don't the club administrators have a trail period of say two maybe three home games where the kop is changed so that the fans, the supporters can have an opportunity to see if they would like it or not to become a permanent thing or not and put this thing to bed?.

Oh sorry the majority of fans don't want it so its not going to happen. Unlike the 70% of people that don't want smoking to happen but they will take a vote on it anyway.............talk about mixed messages and the inability to make decisions. You can imagine it now a steward throws you out because you, sing, smoke, stand up, shout loudly, raise your arms in delight or frustration, are enjoying yourself..........

Why would you do a survey in the first place.....to appease public perceptions? Well done I say...your public perception is very clear now isent it!

However back to reality.....(as I look over my shoulder to see if a steward is in the region and shout loudly)

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

So that means I'm chav does it? or Am I a BS wannabie?

Well if you go wearing Burberry and Stone Island, spoiling for a fight then I'd say yes. If you just go and sing and direct your passion towards the football and not the away fans then I'd say no.. Quite simple really!!

One simple question Do leicester fans want to have the kop and family stand changed? Then let the fans answer accordingly.

They did, and they have!! It was in the questionnaire!!! EVERYONE had the opportunity to vote on the matter, if people are to thick, lazy or arrogant to vote then it's not the problem of the sensible majority!!

So that means I'm chav does it? or Am I a BS wannabie?

No I'm neither i just love go football watch the game and enjoy the occasion with similar people, it's nice to have a laugh and get passionate singing your heart out. Just because I like to sit amongst similar people doesn't mean I don't watch the football or im a chav/holligan. I just don't enjoy sitting amongst boring people of young and old, who don't get that passionate.

And as for the results of the questionairre.

It's ridiculous, we have some right **** as fans. Football is dying, is being overtaken by middle class boring bastards. If these have there way then sooner or later we wont be able to stand, smoke, swear, drink, eat, move etc etc, it just get's more and more ridiculous.

Get in there my son!!! nail on head :thumbup::thumbup:

Looking in on this debate I find the club administrators either cowing away from a clear direction of 70% of its support base who say they want a complete ban on smoking at the ground. This is clearly a majority vote but it appears they (club administrators) cant or don't want to, or are to scared to make a decision to ban smoking.

Before smokers start having a go I am not saying its right to ban but I am saying the majority want it banned and the club is still sitting on the fence. Imagine after the game against Leeds there will be a ad hoc decision made which will be confusing for both smokers and non smokers and this will just allow smokers to smoke and get the already over officious stewards another reason to jump on someone for having the cheek to enjoy themselves. How dare you do this at an event you have paid $20 odd quid to watch. Before you know it you will be asking to sing.......standing up..........What is this world coming too?

Hey! I have just had an idea...a brain wave.....a practical solution to the Kop issue. Why don't the club administrators have a trail period of say two maybe three home games where the kop is changed so that the fans, the supporters can have an opportunity to see if they would like it or not to become a permanent thing or not and put this thing to bed?.

Oh sorry the majority of fans don't want it so its not going to happen. Unlike the 70% of people that don't want smoking to happen but they will take a vote on it anyway.............talk about mixed messages and the inability to make decisions. You can imagine it now a steward throws you out because you, sing, smoke, stand up, shout loudly, raise your arms in delight or frustration, are enjoying yourself..........

Why would you do a survey in the first place.....to appease public perceptions? Well done I say...your public perception is very clear now isent it!

However back to reality.....(as I look over my shoulder to see if a steward is in the region and shout loudly)

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

The smoking ban has been taken out of the clubs hands now anyway, it will be illegal to smoke anywhere in the stadium from July 2007, the only choice is do they start the ban early (start of 2006-07 Season) or wait until the law begins.

The smoking ban has been taken out of the clubs hands now anyway, it will be illegal to smoke anywhere in the stadium from July 2007, the only choice is do they start the ban early (start of 2006-07 Season) or wait until the law begins.

I'm sure a stadium doesn't count as an enclosed, public space?? But I'm all for the ban anyways....

they were never ever going to give back unreserved seating in the kop or anywhere else .

the same with ripping out seats and having all standing areas.

it just isnt going to happen.

as for smoking , well its now a moot point with the new government laws being passed but at least we can drink alcohol. :thumbup:

Archived