Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Supporter Questionnaire Results

Not strictly true, all the old Derby songs were out in force in the Kop last night :thumbup: but you wouldnt know that or any of the things youve said IF YOU CANT HEAR US! :rolleyes:

In addtion to your other points, yes ive sat and stood at many points at Filbert Street, I like to make a noise, noise was being made whilst sitting down last night. Dont forget though, this is the Walkers and not Filbert Street. Its an all seater stadium theres no way it could ever be like Filbert.

filbert street was all-seater :blink:

If as many people stood in L1 and surrounding areas as did in pen 1 and 2 of our old kop the atmosphere could be brought back.

filbert street was all-seater :blink:

If as many people stood in L1 and surrounding areas as did in pen 1 and 2 of our old kop the atmosphere could be brought back.

It was all seater towards the end!!! Im obviously a bit older than you to remember when it was standing.

I've just seen some of the deleted posts, and birstall-fox, you do yourself no favours with your arguments. If you want to argue with me, come back when you're old enough to get in the Stanny.

I dont realy like all this L1 v kop stuff, but having had a season ticket in both (moved to L1 from the kop last season) I think for atmosphere L1 is much better, a wider variaty of songs etc.

And when i sat in the kop i could hear L1 and the away fans, now im in L1 i can hear the kop, maybey ive just got exelent hearing :D . I think the problem with the kop is that it aint realy a true "kop" but more like a lively family stand. But having said that on ocasions it can be electric (Blackburn 2 years ago)

Any way i rekon we should just both try and make as much noise as possible and get behind the lads!! :thumbup:

Has the club confirmed any of the numbers or perecentages for the 'questionnaire' or simply just said that the majority didnt want the kop switched to north stand? Would be interested to know the numbers involved.

We need to get rid of this battling between kopites and L1's about who is the loudest and come to some agreement with the club and amongst supporters about how to improve the atmoshphere. I agree that it could be possible to get and atmoshphere like it was in SK1 and 2 at filbert street going again but it needs some sort of organisation from the club and supporters trust.

Moved from F1 in kop to L1 this season and have to say i much prefer it. It is noticably an average age of under 18 which dont think pen 1 or 2 was at filbo and think is one of the major problems. There is much more of a variety of songs in L1 than the kop but I think the kop still is much better at choruses of '..(insert manager name) blue n white army' and 'leicester, leicester, leicester' than L1 is. Far too many of the songs from L1 seem to be at banter with away fans and a balance needs to be reached. In pen 1 at filbert street there was plenty of chanting at away fans but more improtantly, we could sustain chants for periods of up to 15 minutes and the team would respond on the pitch.

I think if we could sustain some chants up in L1, joining with the kop then much more of the 'in-between' area (east stand) would gradually begin to join in. People often talk about a match last season against wolves having a cracking atmoshphere. That atmosphere developed after a sustained period of singing up at the back of the kop. at first there were just a handful of us singing but after about 5-10 minutes of persistance in singing , other people gradually joined in and the effect spiralled over into the east stand.

Don't think there is any absolute solution that will suddenly turn the ground into a couldron but people need to put other ideas forward on ways to improve things. Perhaps the club needs another survey, now that they've made a decision not to maove the Kop. Reckon lots of people must have ideas that could help. Hopefully the issue will come up again at the next fans forum meeting. was at the last one and the club seemed to listen to fans views in quickly producing the questionnaire. I reckon they're more than willing to accept new ideas and consider them if people suggest them.

Don't think there is any absolute solution that will suddenly turn the ground into a couldron

One guaranteed way is to have a winning team, going for promotion, but that I'm afraid isn't in the supporters hands!!

Has the club confirmed any of the numbers or perecentages for the 'questionnaire' or simply just said that the majority didnt want the kop switched to north stand? Would be interested to know the numbers involved.

We need to get rid of this battling between kopites and L1's about who is the loudest and come to some agreement with the club and amongst supporters about how to improve the atmoshphere. I agree that it could be possible to get and atmoshphere like it was in SK1 and 2 at filbert street going again but it needs some sort of organisation from the club and supporters trust.

Moved from F1 in kop to L1 this season and have to say i much prefer it. It is noticably an average age of under 18 which dont think pen 1 or 2 was at filbo and think is one of the major problems. There is much more of a variety of songs in L1 than the kop but I think the kop still is much better at choruses of '..(insert manager name) blue n white army' and 'leicester, leicester, leicester' than L1 is. Far too many of the songs from L1 seem to be at banter with away fans and a balance needs to be reached. In pen 1 at filbert street there was plenty of chanting at away fans but more improtantly, we could sustain chants for periods of up to 15 minutes and the team would respond on the pitch.

I think if we could sustain some chants up in L1, joining with the kop then much more of the 'in-between' area (east stand) would gradually begin to join in. People often talk about a match last season against wolves having a cracking atmoshphere. That atmosphere developed after a sustained period of singing up at the back of the kop. at first there were just a handful of us singing but after about 5-10 minutes of persistance in singing , other people gradually joined in and the effect spiralled over into the east stand.

Don't think there is any absolute solution that will suddenly turn the ground into a couldron but people need to put other ideas forward on ways to improve things. Perhaps the club needs another survey, now that they've made a decision not to maove the Kop. Reckon lots of people must have ideas that could help. Hopefully the issue will come up again at the next fans forum meeting. was at the last one and the club seemed to listen to fans views in quickly producing the questionnaire. I reckon they're more than willing to accept new ideas and consider them if people suggest them.

Alliance + Leicester stand never sings or has a good atmosphere- those people are only there for the view.

I moved from the kop to L1 recently and L1 is much better

What is so wrong with chanting at away fans????? It is quality

My views on this are -

If people want to smoke let them, im no smoker but if smokers are not having their intake there is more likely to be trouble caused in my view because they will be more aggitated and more vulnerable, but if they want to smoke it should be in a designated smoking area.

And if people wamnt to sing it should be from thbeir seat and not in a designated singing area.

Have to disagree about winning creating a fantastic atmosphere. In our first season at the walkers, even though in the top 2 i still remember sitting in the kop most games and being amazed at the lack of atmosphere compared to filbert street. Admittedly, people were a little bit more inclined to get behind the team when we were winning all the time but even norwich outsung us in our final home match.

Hopefully our current form can continue for the rest of this year and into next season but even if we start next season flying high in the league, I cant see the atmosphere being much better without something being done. Have foxes trust got any more suggestions now it would appear the club has said no to moving the kop?

Have to disagree about winning creating a fantastic atmosphere. In our first season at the walkers, even though in the top 2 i still remember sitting in the kop most games and being amazed at the lack of atmosphere compared to filbert street. Admittedly, people were a little bit more inclined to get behind the team when we were winning all the time but even norwich outsung us in our final home match.

Hopefully our current form can continue for the rest of this year and into next season but even if we start next season flying high in the league, I cant see the atmosphere being much better without something being done. Have foxes trust got any more suggestions now it would appear the club has said no to moving the kop?

yes i agree. i do quite like the idea of a special "atmosphere" area where only fans who plan to make a noise will purchase tickets.

It was all seater towards the end!!! Im obviously a bit older than you to remember when it was standing.

really??? was it??? i didnt know that there was ever standing in the filbert st kop!! amazing! :blink:

sk1 and 2 / crazy corner (which i was referring to) was from the all seater days. When there was terracing it was nearly always the away fans in these areas. You are obviously old enough to remember as you say, maybe you were sitting on your hands in the east stand at the time?

:thumbup:

really??? was it??? i didnt know that there was ever standing in the filbert st kop!! amazing! :blink:

sk1 and 2 / crazy corner (which i was referring to) was from the all seater days. When there was terracing it was nearly always the away fans in these areas. You are obviously old enough to remember as you say, maybe you were sitting on your hands in the east stand at the time?

:thumbup:

Cheeky fecker!

I used to stand in pen 2 as a nipper, we'll have less of your cheek and crazy corner was around then too!

Cheeky fecker!

I used to stand in pen 2 as a nipper, we'll have less of your cheek and crazy corner was around then too!

u love a bit of cheek i can tell!! anyway, im not arguing about it. Of course we will never have as good an atmosphere in any area of the WS as we did when the kop was all standing. Impossible. I sadly admit and have accepted those days are now gone. The point i was making was that it is still possible to create the same kind of atmosphere as we had when the kop was all seater. the noise in that corner was always good and the support/banter/songs from sk1 and 2 was brilliant. I was simply saying by more old skool koppites moving to the L1 area, this could be reproduced.

We dont have enough fans who will stand and sing to ever make the new kop any good- everyone is too spread out. At least if the vocal koppites who want to stand and sing ( a la sk1 and 2),moved to L1, we could still create a proper atmosphere at the WS.

im quite happy in the kop (f2) thankyou L1 is full of BS wannabies, little annoying chavs that think there hard that arent there for the football

there are a group of lads who are brilliant at the back of f2 they are singing all the way through

the difference is, they are there for the football not jus to look hard

:thumbup: keep it goin lads your brilliant :thumbup:

So that means I'm chav does it? or Am I a BS wannabie?

No I'm neither i just love go football watch the game and enjoy the occasion with similar people, it's nice to have a laugh and get passionate singing your heart out. Just because I like to sit amongst similar people doesn't mean I don't watch the football or im a chav/holligan. I just don't enjoy sitting amongst boring people of young and old, who don't get that passionate.

And as for the results of the questionairre.

It's ridiculous, we have some right **** as fans. Football is dying, is being overtaken by middle class boring bastards. If these have there way then sooner or later we wont be able to stand, smoke, swear, drink, eat, move etc etc, it just get's more and more ridiculous.

these questionaires are always a misrepresentation of what the majority really want. you have to think about the kind of person that will actually bother to collect a questionaire, fill it out and return it.

Which takes us back to the question of if you want something done and your voice heard, fill in the questionaires, go to the fans meetings etc

For the record I dont generally fill questionaires in but I knew I wouldnt be in a position to moan if I didnt :thumbup:

Football is dying, is being overtaken by middle class boring bastards.

For those of us who've been going for a few decades or so, it probably makes more sense to argue football was dying, before it was taken over by middle-class boring bastards.

Which takes us back to the question of if you want something done and your voice heard, fill in the questionaires, go to the fans meetings etc

For the record I dont generally fill questionaires in but I knew I wouldnt be in a position to moan if I didnt :thumbup:

what i was getting at was that only the people that filled out the questionaire really have the right to complain about the results.

Why don't they have a vote for swapping the kop and family stand on a match day? Like the Fosse or City vote?

This way you can get the fans view and theres nio way board members will be able to put a different slant on the results. ;)

One simple question Do leicester fans want to have the kop and family stand changed? Then let the fans answer accordingly.

Why don't they have a vote for swapping the kop and family stand on a match day? Like the Fosse or City vote?

and they can get a little bit more money by allowing people to sponser the event with their name on the cards to hold up.

these questionaires are always a misrepresentation of what the majority really want. you have to think about the kind of person that will actually bother to collect a questionaire, fill it out and return it.

Maybe. But short of asking Mystic Meg, what else are you going to go on?

This way you can get the fans view and theres nio way board members will be able to put a different slant on the results. ;)

One simple question Do leicester fans want to have the kop and family stand changed? Then let the fans answer accordingly.

I know, why not hold the vote every match until you get the results you want!!

The kids in L1 need to realise there'll NEVER be enough of them to form a credible mob.

From the Kop they just look pathetic (200-300 max), and they're usually outnumbered/outsung by the away fans.

I hope they don't disgrace themselves against Leeds on Saturday like they did last season.

But at least there was one positive thing that came out of the questionnaire.

Henry's delusion that the majority of fans were gagging for him to return has been well and truly shattered! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Archived