Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Supporter Questionnaire Results

well if u sing to get the players up 4 it then u aint bin singin loud enough

How pathetic! So everyone in the kop is a 'crap fan' because YOU cant hear them? Ive sat in L1, hardly anyone actually watches the game and are more intent on goading the away fans - great! Ive moved to F1 this season and I much prefer it - actually sitting with people who are there for what they are supposed to be there for - WATCHING FOOTBALL!

well if u sing to get the players up 4 it then u aint bin singin loud enough

I heard a nasty rumour that footballers play over the WHOLE pitch and not just by the corner flag, I must be mistaken!!! :unsure:

Fair do mate. But for years and years I had a season ticket in the Carling stand at Filbo and the guy in front of me smoked like a chimney. It wasnt nice, and given that at football games we are so close together I think its just plain rude for people to smoke, as it is for them to chat for 30 minutes of the half about the new VW golf, and as it is for them to shout foul abuse from the family enclosure.

At the end of the day if they ban it, and 70% were for that decision (and it appears that 70% doesnt include 'undecided people' I may be right or wrong on that one) then you can hardly blame them for listening to the fans.

They are going to discrinate against people and it's plain and simple wrong.

They are going to discrinate against people and it's plain and simple wrong.

I want to watch Football without passively smoking, do I get a choice? No

Thats discrimination as well.

I do agree its strong handed, our govt is rather obsessed with banning things, and for the most I have been against it. But if the bloke in front of me is 2 1/2 ft from my face and he is smoking, because of the hot air, the smoke almost always goes straight onto the person behind. Why should I put up with that??

I'm not sure whether i'm the only one who thinks this but when your in a section that's singing then you never hear the other sections singing or not singing anyway. That's why the kop and L1 cannot hear each other when they are alledgedly singing. I sat near the dug-outs for a game earlier in the season and it was amazing to be able to hear when the kop were singing and then when L1 were singing and although the atmosphere near the dug-outs is poor, you could hear the other sections very clearly.

Unless all the sections in the ground start singing regularly then it doesn't really matter where the kop is situated, having said that I suppose having the kop and then a few more thousand fans from L1 singing in tandem might make it project more and cause a better atmosphere between home and away fans.

I'm not sure whether i'm the only one who thinks this but when your in a section that's singing then you never hear the other sections singing or not singing anyway. That's why the kop and L1 cannot hear each other when they are alledgedly singing. I sat near the dug-outs for a game earlier in the season and it was amazing to be able to hear when the kop were singing and then when L1 were singing and although the atmosphere near the dug-outs is poor, you could hear the other sections very clearly.

Unless all the sections in the ground start singing regularly then it doesn't really matter where the kop is situated, having said that I suppose having the kop and then a few more thousand fans from L1 singing in tandem might make it project more and cause a better atmosphere between home and away fans.

Well said nature boy.

I sat by the tunnel for the Wolves match and it was a great atmosphere - songs hitting from all angles!

I sat at the back of E1 and i go there to support the team, that is my number one aim. I thought the kop itself was pretty poor, compared to what it could be, but better than of late. I was singing nearly all game, with about 10-20 other lads, even when they scored, and the rest of the kop can olny join in for one or two "come on Leicester" or "we love you leicester"

IF the kop had been swapped I would of bought a season ticket for next year, regardless of what division we were in. Now I'm in doubt, the thought of having L1ers with us KOp boys (and girls :P ) would have been awesome.

I couldn't care about the smoking ban, its YOUR choice to smoke, as long as you dont puff it into other's faces, thats fine :P

CHunx

Dear God! I couldnt give a shite whether the away support can hear the kop or not, MOST of us are there to support the team, we sing so the players can hear our support not fecking L1 and the away end! No point in singing? What planet are you on exactly?

Katy what birstall is trying to say is that the away fans come every week and it seems like theres 250 lads singing in L1 for leicester city football club thats it? when really there are 2,500 including the kop. so if the kop and L1 were together they would generate more noise hence supporting the team more and more noise so the away fans saw how good our suport could be and this would also improve the general banter and atmosphere at the football.

am i right birstall? :thumbup:

Spot on Ric, this was going to be my next point. Sat in the Kop you can barely hear L1 and the away end, its a question of logistics. When Cobbo naffed his ankle and me and Stez were sitting with him at the front of the West Stand for two games the atmos was fantastic from the Kop. I dont buy into the thought that people in the Kop just sit there and do nowt, its quite animated where I sit :whistle:

How pathetic! So everyone in the kop is a 'crap fan' because YOU cant hear them? Ive sat in L1, hardly anyone actually watches the game and are more intent on goading the away fans - great! Ive moved to F1 this season and I much prefer it - actually sitting with people who are there for what they are supposed to be there for - WATCHING FOOTBALL!

It is amazing the amount of people who actually forget that aint it.

The ground was desinged in a way so the noise from the stands is heard better by those on the pitch. ( I wont go into how sound waves work with Birstall fox :rolleyes: . ) Suprisgnly this sometimes means that the kop is not always best herd by those in L1, along with the fact that you all make your own noise most of the time, ( abliet not alot of it ). Singing was intially designed to motivate players not wind up 3,000 knob heads from anthor city, hence the design of the walkers.

I seriously dunno why you lot in L1 bother somtimes, respect for wanting to sing for 90 mins and im not "having a go". But if you can't hear the 5,000+ in the kop how many people ( or players ) do you think can hear you when there like 400 - 600 of you at most. Away fans probabley think its funny they out number you. The main reason why I agree with the switch incidently but it aint gonna happen.

im quite happy in the kop (f2) thankyou L1 is full of BS wannabies, little annoying chavs that think there hard that arent there for the football

there are a group of lads who are brilliant at the back of f2 they are singing all the way through

the difference is, they are there for the football not jus to look hard

:thumbup: keep it goin lads your brilliant :thumbup:

Katy what birstall is trying to say is that the away fans come every week and it seems like theres 250 lads singing in L1 for leicester city football club thats it? when really there are 2,500 including the kop. so if the kop and L1 were together they would generate more noise hence supporting the team more and more noise so the away fans saw how good our suport could be and this would also improve the general banter and atmosphere at the football.

am i right birstall? :thumbup:

I surprised you understood any of what hes saying to be honest :blink:

Its not going to happen, move on and lets ALL continue to support the team in a vocal way.

I surprised you understood any of what hes saying to be honest :blink:

Its not going to happen, move on and lets ALL continue to support the team in a vocal way.

i understood his points and frustrations i just felt he presented it slighltly aggressiveley or wrongly to you lot. :blink:

i find all this kop v L1 stuff just complete bollox. The kop should be switched, its an absolute no brainer in terms of generating a good matchday atmosphere! it would get all like minded singers together and would hopefully prevent the WS carrying on being a souless library.

Our current kop, whatever anyone says, is a joke. nobody stands, no old songs, in fact-hardly many songs at all. Its the kop by name only.

The people having a go about the lads in L1, i dont understand them at all. Yes they taunt the away fans but isnt that what 'real kops' do??? At least L1 stands, sings proper songs and has a laugh. They are closer to the old school matchday experience than the our current 'kop'.

Any posters criticising L1, did any of you ever stand in SK1,2 at FS???? If not then fair enough, but if you did and now sit on your hands in the new kop - how can you be happy doing so????

If the kop isnt going to get switched then all you real koppites, spion koppites should get their arses moved to L1 and make it the crazy corner that we all knew and loved at Filbert Street.

South Stand - Remember..... you cant sing a song sitting down

:thumbup:

i find all this kop v L1 stuff just complete bollox. The kop should be switched, its an absolute no brainer in terms of generating a good matchday atmosphere! it would get all like minded singers together and would hopefully prevent the WS carrying on being a souless library.

Our current kop, whatever anyone says, is a joke. nobody stands, no old songs, in fact-hardly many songs at all. Its the kop by name only.

The people having a go about the lads in L1, i dont understand them at all. Yes they taunt the away fans but isnt that what 'real kops' do??? At least L1 stands, sings proper songs and has a laugh. They are closer to the old school matchday experience than the our current 'kop'.

Any posters criticising L1, did any of you ever stand in SK1,2 at FS???? If not then fair enough, but if you did and now sit on your hands in the new kop - how can you be happy doing so????

If the kop isnt going to get switched then all you real koppites, spion koppites should get their arses moved to L1 and make it the crazy corner that we all knew and loved at Filbert Street.

Not strictly true, all the old Derby songs were out in force in the Kop last night :thumbup: but you wouldnt know that or any of the things youve said IF YOU CANT HEAR US! :rolleyes:

In addtion to your other points, yes ive sat and stood at many points at Filbert Street, I like to make a noise, noise was being made whilst sitting down last night. Dont forget though, this is the Walkers and not Filbert Street. Its an all seater stadium theres no way it could ever be like Filbert.

best post for ages.. :thumbup:

it is only natural to stand when singing....either at a concert football match or in church..

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it is a sad day when a team's fans can only generate any atmosphere by being sat next to the away fans.

Perhaps Liverpool, Manure, Everton, Arsenal et al should reconsider the positioning of their 'loud sections'. :rolleyes:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it is a sad day when a team's fans can only generate any atmosphere by being sat next to the away fans.

Perhaps Liverpool, Manure, Everton, Arsenal et al should reconsider the positioning of their 'loud sections'. :rolleyes:

but if your club doesnt have the numbers of manure liverpool and everton then its hard

arsenals loud fans are next tot he awayers aint they..:S

I seriously dunno why you lot in L1 bother somtimes, respect for wanting to sing for 90 mins and im not "having a go". But if you can't hear the 5,000+ in the kop how many people ( or players ) do you think can hear you when there like 400 - 600 of you at most.

quite alot considerin were 10 yards away from them anyway atleast we do try, i dont c the point in moinin bout the switch any more we shud just get loads of the kop if u can really call it that ova into l1 and k1

quite alot considerin were 10 yards away from them anyway atleast we do try, i dont c the point in moinin bout the switch any more we shud just get loads of the kop if u can really call it that ova into l1 and k1

Mate, if people want to sit in L1 and K1 then they will. How are you going to 'get loads over then?' Dish out leaflets? kidknapp them? Hold a knife to their throat?

best post for ages.. :thumbup:

it is only natural to stand when singing....either at a concert football match or in church..

To be fair, i was in the West stand (which is an absoloutely awful atmosphere by the way) and could hear bot the Kopites and the L1ers singing.

I loved it when both sections were singing 'du du du du du du, matty fryatt!!' absoloute class. Keep it up!

but if your club doesnt have the numbers of manure liverpool and everton then its hard

arsenals loud fans are next tot he awayers aint they.. :S

The North Bank is opposite the Clock End, where we sit.

As for the numbers, I thought L1 was doing a grand job with just 200 'lads'. Besides, these other clubs don't have the advantage of a stadium design which directs noise towards the pitch and the players.

Either we are capable of making noise with the crowds we are getting, or we don't have the numbers to make a cracking atmosphere anymore like these so called bigger clubs, so what's the point in moving fans around then?

Which is it to be?

Archived