Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
lookwhaticando

Maybury and the RM position

Recommended Posts

Posted

According to recent player ratings threads, Maybury appears to have performed much better in the last two games on the right wing than his first two or three outings there.

Is he becoming a competent right midfielder that we can continue using?

Would/Should be be in the starting 11 over somebody like Sylla?

Has he finally refound some form this season?

Discuss.

Posted

Today it was obvious that he has grown in confidence. Even when moved to LB he continued to pour forward and although I didn't think he was man of the match, he had a very good game. I'm pleased for him as well because he has taken stick this season for being under-par but seems to have turned it around :thumbup:

Posted

i think he looks better as he's over what ever illness he had and is obviously enjoying his right sided partnership with stearman

Posted

Under Rob Kelly both Kisnorbo and Mayb's have blossomed and turned into completely different footballers of late. Another reason to thank both Kelly and our Board.

Posted

Under Rob Kelly both Kisnorbo and Mayb's have blossomed and turned into completely different footballers of late. Another reason to thank both Kelly and our Board.

....and what about Tiatto? We haven't seen him put in that kind of performance since last season. He was calm, collected, confident and motivated. These qualities were noticeable in their absence while CL was here.

If this is down to RK then I hope to god he can work the same magic on Momo.

In regard to Maybury, I'm not convinced he's suited to the RM role. His form has certainly picked up over the last two games but I'm not sure he'll be anything other than a RB.

Posted

....and what about Tiatto? We haven't seen him put in that kind of performance since last season. He was calm, collected, confident and motivated. These qualities were noticeable in their absence while CL was here.

If this is down to RK then I hope to god he can work the same magic on Momo.

In regard to Maybury, I'm not convinced he's suited to the RM role. His form has certainly picked up over the last two games but I'm not sure he'll be anything other than a RB.

i agree tiatto was fantastic get him at lb perminatly, read the game superbly

Posted
:o Tiatto sounds like he did well, that won't please the JWAD clan ;):whistle:
Posted

:o Tiatto sounds like he did well, that won't please the JWAD clan ;):whistle:

Think back to last season and the times that Tiatto had a really good game, he played just as well today, he was back to his old self again. A complete suprise given his performances of late. I really hope he can replicate it on a regular basis.

Posted

Think back to last season and the times that Tiatto had a really good game, he played just as well today, he was back to his old self again. A complete suprise given his performances of late. I really hope he can replicate it on a regular basis.

its the kelly effect :thumbup:

Posted

Tiatto was very impressive on saturday, the best i've seen him since his first dozen or so games he played for us. Just shows the confidence throughout the squad at the minute.

Posted

According to recent player ratings threads, Maybury appears to have performed much better in the last two games on the right wing than his first two or three outings there.

Is he becoming a competent right midfielder that we can continue using?

Would/Should be be in the starting 11 over somebody like Sylla?

Has he finally refound some form this season?

Discuss.

I'm not the biggest fan of Maybury but i think he's played really well there recently.

Posted

I'm not the biggest fan of Maybury but i think he's played really well there recently.

I am the same, but i am prepared to revise my opinion as i did with Kisnorbo :thumbup:

Posted

Several players are doing much better because a) we have a proper strikeforce and b) there are fewer obvious weaknesses c) there are not so many changes being made to the team d) Kelly makes all he players feel a part of what's going on instead of humiliating them in public/provoking petty rows etc. and e) he has demonstrably increased the pace up front and reduced the hoof by moving MDV onwards.

Posted

Several players are doing much better because a) we have a proper strikeforce and b) there are fewer obvious weaknesses c) there are not so many changes being made to the team d) Kelly makes all he players feel a part of what's going on instead of humiliating them in public/provoking petty rows etc. and e) he has demonstrably increased the pace up front and reduced the hoof by moving MDV onwards.

... and Lump #2, Dublin, who was seen by many to be a cause of hoof has also moved on.

In the case of Maybury, it's starting to look like a question of sides - left or right. I think Maybury has looked pants all season because he can't cope with playing on the left - now that he's playing on the right (albeit in an unfamiliar position) he's getting back into the game properly. I think he should be left there in right mid a little while longer, he may continue to get better and make the position his own niche :)

Posted

... and Lump #2, Dublin, who was seen by many to be a cause of hoof has also moved on.

In the case of Maybury, it's starting to look like a question of sides - left or right. I think Maybury has looked pants all season because he can't cope with playing on the left - now that he's playing on the right (albeit in an unfamiliar position) he's getting back into the game properly. I think he should be left there in right mid a little while longer, he may continue to get better and make the position his own niche :)

At least 'lump 1' scored.

Posted

At least 'lump 1' scored.

Granted. I'll give him credit where it's due - he scored a winning goal against Tottenham, which was nice. And he bagged a few in his time here, but he wasn't really effective enough to be played week-in week-out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...