Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Maybury and the RM position

According to recent player ratings threads, Maybury appears to have performed much better in the last two games on the right wing than his first two or three outings there.

Is he becoming a competent right midfielder that we can continue using?

Would/Should be be in the starting 11 over somebody like Sylla?

Has he finally refound some form this season?

Discuss.

Today it was obvious that he has grown in confidence. Even when moved to LB he continued to pour forward and although I didn't think he was man of the match, he had a very good game. I'm pleased for him as well because he has taken stick this season for being under-par but seems to have turned it around :thumbup:

Under Rob Kelly both Kisnorbo and Mayb's have blossomed and turned into completely different footballers of late. Another reason to thank both Kelly and our Board.

....and what about Tiatto? We haven't seen him put in that kind of performance since last season. He was calm, collected, confident and motivated. These qualities were noticeable in their absence while CL was here.

If this is down to RK then I hope to god he can work the same magic on Momo.

In regard to Maybury, I'm not convinced he's suited to the RM role. His form has certainly picked up over the last two games but I'm not sure he'll be anything other than a RB.

....and what about Tiatto? We haven't seen him put in that kind of performance since last season. He was calm, collected, confident and motivated. These qualities were noticeable in their absence while CL was here.

If this is down to RK then I hope to god he can work the same magic on Momo.

In regard to Maybury, I'm not convinced he's suited to the RM role. His form has certainly picked up over the last two games but I'm not sure he'll be anything other than a RB.

i agree tiatto was fantastic get him at lb perminatly, read the game superbly

:o Tiatto sounds like he did well, that won't please the JWAD clan ;):whistle:

Think back to last season and the times that Tiatto had a really good game, he played just as well today, he was back to his old self again. A complete suprise given his performances of late. I really hope he can replicate it on a regular basis.

Think back to last season and the times that Tiatto had a really good game, he played just as well today, he was back to his old self again. A complete suprise given his performances of late. I really hope he can replicate it on a regular basis.

its the kelly effect :thumbup:

According to recent player ratings threads, Maybury appears to have performed much better in the last two games on the right wing than his first two or three outings there.

Is he becoming a competent right midfielder that we can continue using?

Would/Should be be in the starting 11 over somebody like Sylla?

Has he finally refound some form this season?

Discuss.

I'm not the biggest fan of Maybury but i think he's played really well there recently.

Several players are doing much better because a) we have a proper strikeforce and b) there are fewer obvious weaknesses c) there are not so many changes being made to the team d) Kelly makes all he players feel a part of what's going on instead of humiliating them in public/provoking petty rows etc. and e) he has demonstrably increased the pace up front and reduced the hoof by moving MDV onwards.

Several players are doing much better because a) we have a proper strikeforce and b) there are fewer obvious weaknesses c) there are not so many changes being made to the team d) Kelly makes all he players feel a part of what's going on instead of humiliating them in public/provoking petty rows etc. and e) he has demonstrably increased the pace up front and reduced the hoof by moving MDV onwards.

... and Lump #2, Dublin, who was seen by many to be a cause of hoof has also moved on.

In the case of Maybury, it's starting to look like a question of sides - left or right. I think Maybury has looked pants all season because he can't cope with playing on the left - now that he's playing on the right (albeit in an unfamiliar position) he's getting back into the game properly. I think he should be left there in right mid a little while longer, he may continue to get better and make the position his own niche :)

... and Lump #2, Dublin, who was seen by many to be a cause of hoof has also moved on.

In the case of Maybury, it's starting to look like a question of sides - left or right. I think Maybury has looked pants all season because he can't cope with playing on the left - now that he's playing on the right (albeit in an unfamiliar position) he's getting back into the game properly. I think he should be left there in right mid a little while longer, he may continue to get better and make the position his own niche :)

At least 'lump 1' scored.

Archived