Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Change of away day trend

If you can't handle having people disagree with you then I'd recommend that you don't post on a forum.

Debate is encouraged. I happen to agree with Anish in this case and think... in fact, that the majority of what you post is tosh.

No doubt other people have the same view on my postings. Difference being, I don't challenge people to disagree with me and then throw my toys out my pram when they do.

Also, if you're going to kick up a fuss... please try to make it interesting.

I can handle people disagreeing with me, not insulting me! I respect other people's opinions and i expect others to respect mine. I don't think he or you respect my opinions. 'in fact, that the majority of what you post is tosh.' Maybe it is but why is it? You can't just say that!

Yes you're right i do think that most of what you post is 'tosh'. Why? Because most of it is about other people, like that one there, about me and my opinions being 'tosh'. When i read your other posts they are also negative about people. You are a nasty person.

I said 'i have my opinion and you have yours sod off'. What's wrong with that?! Can't you handle that? If i threw 'my toys out my pram' what have you just done? Why was i challenging people to disagree with me? I was saying respect what i think, don't insult me for what i think. I was just giving my opinion and told someone to sod off! Not anywhere near as bad as some of the things you've posted! And you said all that from that simple sentence!

The whole point of what i was saying was that Craig Levein did lots of good for this club. I never said anything else that was much different to that. You like that, you don't like that. It doesn't matter to me. I don't know who you are, although from on here you seem a very nasty person, and you don't know me. I'm sure you have your own thoughts about me from what you've read that i have posted.

I don't care what you think about me! I'm sure you'll respond to this in some way.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Ps. how many Leicester games have you been to this season? It is just a question, don't read anything into it. I'll wait for you answer.

Hi,

I agree attacking football is great to watch and will ill the stadium, but look at Mourinho at Chelsea(yes he has a great squad and a blank cheque) but they started by building a solid backbone to the team and won the majority of games up until christmas time 1-0. Once they had established this solid base they then introduced the attacking elements and flair players such as Robben,JC started to shine and they began to win 4-0

Now i know its a different situation but the principles should be the same, and i believe RK is doing this and by introducing the flair players such as Welsh late on is having a massive positive effect.

I can handle people disagreeing with me, not insulting me! I respect other people's opinions and i expect others to respect mine. I don't think he or you respect my opinions. 'in fact, that the majority of what you post is tosh.' Maybe it is but why is it? You can't just say that!

Yes you're right i do think that most of what you post is 'tosh'. Why? Because most of it is about other people, like that one there, about me and my opinions being 'tosh'. When i read your other posts they are also negative about people. You are a nasty person.

I said 'i have my opinion and you have yours sod off'. What's wrong with that?! Can't you handle that? If i threw 'my toys out my pram' what have you just done? Why was i challenging people to disagree with me? I was saying respect what i think, don't insult me for what i think. I was just giving my opinion and told someone to sod off! Not anywhere near as bad as some of the things you've posted! And you said all that from that simple sentence!

The whole point of what i was saying was that Craig Levein did lots of good for this club. I never said anything else that was much different to that. You like that, you don't like that. It doesn't matter to me. I don't know who you are, although from on here you seem a very nasty person, and you don't know me. I'm sure you have your own thoughts about me from what you've read that i have posted.

I don't care what you think about me! I'm sure you'll respond to this in some way.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Ps. how many Leicester games have you been to this season? It is just a question, don't read anything into it. I'll wait for you answer.

I find the fact that you think I'm a nasty person because I disagree with you to be quite laughable. If it is for any other reason or my posting towards others, please give an example. Don't forget, this is an internet forum. People post their opinions and other people are free to agree or disagree with them.

You DID invite others to disagree with you, not only because this is a public messageboard and you stated an opinion but also because you said 'I expect to be disagreed with' or something along those lines as a qualifier to your original statement.

Ps. I've been to three Leicester games this season. If in your opinion that does not qualify me to have an opinion then so be it.

pps. I'm not going to sink to your level and accuse you of being nasty or stupid, I'll just keep it to myself.

I find the fact that you think I'm a nasty person because I disagree with you to be quite laughable. If it is for any other reason or my posting towards others, please give an example. Don't forget, this is an internet forum. People post their opinions and other people are free to agree or disagree with them.

You DID invite others to disagree with you, not only because this is a public messageboard and you stated an opinion but also because you said 'I expect to be disagreed with' or something along those lines as a qualifier to your original statement.

Ps. I've been to three Leicester games this season. If in your opinion that does not qualify me to have an opinion then so be it.

pps. I'm not going to sink to your level and accuse you of being nasty or stupid, I'll just keep it to myself.

TPH Stop being nasty to the little guy :whistle:

Can't help it mate, I'm just a nasty bully :o:rolleyes:

Imagine if some of these people ever ventured out in to the real world. They'd think they were being bullied if a traffic light turned red or it started to rain :P

Its raining now!!! :o:o

I think he's done well too, so well I've said he should be assured of a long term contract now.

But 10 points clear, 11 if you count the goals difference! That is the equavalent of three wins and two draws with eight matches to go.

How much of a safety margin do you need?

There are so many fans on City forums who somehow equate adventure/attack with defeat.

Yet so many great teams of the past were built on the principles of disciplined but sustained attack and the suggestion that such an approach now would be gambling with the club's future can surely only reflect a deeply pessimistic nature.

Don't forget it is vital we attract another 5,000 fans from somewhere and that won't come from having a faint heart. We have to start attracting them now.

And for some reason you seem to think being pragmatic is being negative. Everton got a champions league place out of playing like this, and I'd certainly lable Chelseas tatics as more pragmatic, then the gung ho lets smash 60 goals past our oppenents option, which Arsenal currently employ, and are paying for it. AS THEY DONT HAVE THE PLAYERS! quite similar to us really.

I dunno how many times you've seen this Reading team you keep bleating on about play this season. But they're hardly Brazil. They have 3 or 4 flairy exciting players, and they shut down and frustrate their oppostion as much as they attack. you have to remember one of the reasons they are where they are is because they have only conceaded 24 goals as well.

and any way I think we've scored more then enough goals since Kelly took over, and if anything if we need to look at tightening up at the back! how many Away games has he been in charge 4? have we not score 7 goals in those four away games!? how much attacking do you want us to do?

And for some reason you seem to think being pragmatic is being negative. Everton got a champions league place out of playing like this, and I'd certainly lable Chelseas tatics as more pragmatic, then the gung ho lets smash 60 goals past our oppenents option, which Arsenal currently employ, and are paying for it. AS THEY DONT HAVE THE PLAYERS! quite similar to us really.

I dunno how many times you've seen this Reading team you keep bleating on about play this season. But they're hardly Brazil. They have 3 or 4 flairy exciting players, and they shut down and frustrate their oppostion as much as they attack. you have to remember one of the reasons they are where they are is because they have only conceaded 24 goals as well.

and any way I think we've scored more then enough goals since Kelly took over, and if anything if we need to look at tightening up at the back! how many Away games has he been in charge 4? have we not score 7 goals in those four away games!? how much attacking do you want us to do?

Although it is good that Kelly has increased our away goals let's not try and kid anyone into thinking there was any semblance of all-out attack. At Brighton (2-1) we attacked for 10 minutes and offered very little as an attacking force thereafter.

At Ipswich we barely spluttered at all as an attacking unit and QPR can hardly be considered kamikaze.

Kelly's considerable achievements have demonstrated important improvements but hardly a brave new world. Hopefully that will come later if you "pragmatists" don't persuade him to keep the brakes on indefinitely.

You see I have never wanted to watch Everton in decades. Arsenal were no better under George Graham (despite his "success") but under Wenger they have been a wonderful advert for football and still are. They have gone one complete season without defeat and remain hugely successful.

I don't recall ever suggesting we at City don't close people down (how else would we win the ball?) but Reading's defence is good partly because they spend so much time on the attacking side of the halfway line scoring 80 goals.

Leicester didn't even try to beat them at Reading, conceding any possible victory from the off, with the result that Reading's defence was always going to keep a clean sheet.

Levein, to me, ws always trying to be pragmatic and failing. So yes, I do see pragmatism as being negative (football requires more than pragmatism to me, it requires vision) but then we will invariably disagree philsophically.

Although it is good that Kelly has increased our away goals let's not try and kid anyone into thinking there was any semblance of all-out attack. At Brighton (2-1) we attacked for 10 minutes and offered very little as an attacking force thereafter.

At Ipswich we barely spluttered at all as an attacking unit and QPR can hardly be considered kamikaze.

Kelly's considerable achievements have demonstrated important improvements but hardly a brave new world. Hopefully that will come later if you "pragmatists" don't persuade him to keep the brakes on indefinitely.

You see I have never wanted to watch Everton in decades. Arsenal were no better under George Graham (despite his "success") but under Wenger they have been a wonderful advert for football and still are. They have gone one complete season without defeat and remain hugely successful.

I don't recall ever suggesting we at City don't close people down (how else would we win the ball?) but Reading's defence is good partly because they spend so much time on the attacking side of the halfway line scoring 80 goals.

Leicester didn't even try to beat them at Reading, conceding any possible victory from the off, with the result that Reading's defence was always going to keep a clean sheet.

Levein, to me, ws always trying to be pragmatic and failing. So yes, I do see pragmatism as being negative (football requires more than pragmatism to me, it requires vision) but then we will invariably disagree philsophically.

I agree with what you are saying but with our resources is it possible to get hold of the players to play the way you want us to effectively? I like the basis of the way Rob Kelly is doing things here, we need to strengthen our midfield and defence next season and perhaps bring in one other striker. There are very few teams who play the way you want us to play and i'm not sure why that is? Is it because it's difficult to maintain that style of play? Is it difficult to find sufficient players to make it effective or is it because managers haven't the ability or the nerve to play like that?

You have talked at length for nearly a season now about it and I agree with alot of the points you raise but I doubt we'll ever see it here. Reading don't play that way, the reason they score alot of goals is because they have a vastly superior team to most in this league and have the right sort of battling qualities similar to us in 2002/03. The football we played that season wasn't that attacking, but we won games and we often scored alot of goals but it doesn't fit the bill of the type of game you describe.

We don't disagree that much, I have no problem with attacking football ( in fact I like it ) and admit Levein was too negative at times.

However I wouldnt mind the reasults improving and us being up the other end of the table either and we can't play like Arsens Wengers Arsenal we do not have the talent. Where as I see your point, Gung ho, all out attack, and kamikaze espically are not the way Id want to see my team play, mainly beacuse we'd lose. Not even Arsenal play like that.

far as Kelly goes , what Im saying to you as is we are scoring enough goals to "entertain" you, more then enough in fact. You should be bloody grateful we didn't end up with Cotterill or Holloway as there would be no way you'd be getting the amount of "entertainment" your getting now! We've been in the kind of scoring form Reading have been in recently ( Portman Road aside but we never win there ). If we could get the team to defend better as a unit ( as I think indivudally, the defense is more then adequate for this division ) and get Weso back in front of the back four to break plays down we could be that reading in a few years.

We don't disagree that much, I have no problem with attacking football ( in fact I like it ) and admit Levein was too negative at times.

However I wouldnt mind the reasults improving and us being up the other end of the table either and we can't play like Arsens Wengers Arsenal we do not have the talent. Where as I see your point, Gung ho, all out attack, and kamikaze espically are not the way Id want to see my team play, mainly beacuse we'd lose. Not even Arsenal play like that.

far as Kelly goes , what Im saying to you as is we are scoring enough goals to "entertain" you, more then enough in fact. You should be bloody grateful we didn't end up with Cotterill or Holloway as there would be no way you'd be getting the amount of "entertainment" your getting now! We've been in the kind of scoring form Reading have been in recently ( Portman Road aside but we never win there ). If we could get the team to defend better as a unit ( as I think indivudally, the defense is more then adequate for this division ) and get Weso back in front of the back four to break plays down we could be that reading in a few years.

I am "bloody grateful" about Cotterill and Holloway though I ran a national story listing the fans comments about Holloway so I hope I played my small part in discouraging that one (you frighten me even mentioning it!!).

Funnily enough I believe the hiccups in defence and the absence of Weso are connected and, like you, I look forward to his return, hopefully as good as new.

i

Archived