Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jamesino_LCFC

What Do I Do?

Hi everyone,

After Millwall, there are two tasty away games which are Norwich away, and then a week and a bit after that it is Coventry away on bank holiday monday. I was hoping to go to both of these games, however I am 16 and my dad has told me that we are only going to one out of these two away games. I dont think he is too keen on the whole away-day idea as it is a day out meaning he cannot get any work done. They are also pretty expensive.

I have told him that I want to go to Norwich, in the hope that he might enjoy it and re-consider, and therefore want to go to Coventry too. Wishfull thinking I know, but what do you think I should do? Thanks again everyone and any advise would be great. James.

Go Cov. local(ish) derby, we'll take a bigger allocation so the atmosphere will be better. we will smash them 4-1, we'll all abuse wisey and ask if mickey takes it up the jacksie?! sing about loving rob kellyio and itl be a great day out.

Go Norwich with your paps , and go Coventry with your mates. If they aint got no money - go alone!

Well its wierd because we were going to go to Norwich alone, but my cousin goes to Norich University and she said that she will go, which brings in her brother (who is my best mate) and he said he will go..

So I guess if we go to Norwich then I will be going with my dad and cousin, and none other of my mates are big Leicester fans so.. I could go to both with my cousin.. not sure, ideally though I would want to go to both with my dad because to be fair, my cousin isnt a big Leicester fan really. Good suggestion though cheers Muz.

Hi everyone,

After Millwall, there are two tasty away games which are Norwich away, and then a week and a bit after that it is Coventry away on bank holiday monday. I was hoping to go to both of these games, however I am 16 and my dad has told me that we are only going to one out of these two away games. I dont think he is too keen on the whole away-day idea as it is a day out meaning he cannot get any work done. They are also pretty expensive.

I have told him that I want to go to Norwich, in the hope that he might enjoy it and re-consider, and therefore want to go to Coventry too. Wishfull thinking I know, but what do you think I should do? Thanks again everyone and any advise would be great. James.

Just go to the othere with your mates or sumin?

Tell your dad you want to go to Norwich, and then when we lose at 4.50, tell him you meant you wanted to go to Coventry. :rolleyes:

Or offer to pay for you and your dad to see the match against Cov? :cool:

I could do that, but he says that overall an away game costs around £100 including petrol for the car, burgers - food, tickets etc...

lol.. he is sitting next to me (not looking at the screen) and I asked if I could pay for me and.. he all of a sudden interupted me, raised his voice and called me selfish. I defended and said 'I am just giving some solutions da...' and he said 'Solutions to what?!, solutions to I dont want to go??'.. I think he just doesnt want to go and watch Leicester City as much as I do.. oh I dont know, what do you do with a angry, un-approchable dad?? lol

I could do that, but he says that overall an away game costs around £100 including petrol for the car, burgers - food, tickets etc...

lol.. he is sitting next to me (not looking at the screen) and I asked if I could pay for me and.. he all of a sudden interupted me, raised his voice and called me selfish. I defended and said 'I am just giving some solutions da...' and he said 'Solutions to what?!, solutions to I dont want to go??'.. I think he just doesnt want to go and watch Leicester City as much as I do.. oh I dont know, what do you do with a angry, un-approchable dad?? lol

Tell him to stop being a girl and go watch the sooper Foxes!!!!

;):):P

Maybe for Norwich but wouldn't be for Coventry. Take some sandwiches and some water for drink, all you have to pay for is a tiny bit of petrol and the tickets!

Maybe for Norwich but wouldn't be for Coventry. Take some sandwiches and some water for drink, all you have to pay for is a tiny bit of petrol and the tickets!

Thats a good point, I definetly thought he would do Coventry, as its only down the M25, its their new ground, and its bank holiday money so he cant say that it would get in the way of him working, thefore theres no excuse really..

Do you think my theory of going to Norwich with him and hoping for him to love it to the point of him re-considering going to Coventry aswell?

Do you think my theory of going to Norwich with him and hoping for him to love it to the point of him re-considering going to Coventry aswell?

Yes go to the Norwich game, and on the way back in the car say "Oh and since you enjoyed that game so much, why not take me to the Coventry game which is local and coincidentally on a Bank Holiday to make it even better!"

Never met your Dad, but your idea looks a good bet to me. :cool:

I sorta feel like I cant risk it though, sitting at home listening to the Coventry game on the radio will make me feel so awful inside.. and I have done it once before for Derby! nah cant do that again.. it hasnt been a great season for away games I can assure you, however I will be able to drive next season so I will be going to most (if not all) of the away games when I can drive (hopefully!)

I sorta feel like I cant risk it though, sitting at home listening to the Coventry game on the radio will make me feel so awful inside.. and I have done it once before for Derby! nah cant do that again.. it hasnt been a great season for away games I can assure you, however I will be able to drive next season so I will be going to most (if not all) of the away games when I can drive (hopefully!)

Just a thought, but could you nag him enough so that he would send you to Coventry? :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Just a thought, but could you nag him enough so that he would send you to Coventry? :whistle::whistle::whistle:

lol well if you read my earlier post, he sorta snapped at me a bit and called me selfish and said that he didnt want to go (presumably to both). Its annoying for a very eager city fan like me! :(

lol well if you read my earlier post, he sorta snapped at me a bit and called me selfish and said that he didnt want to go (presumably to both). Its annoying for a very eager city fan like me! :(

Wish you good luck, now't wrong with being eager...especially when it's to see the fabulous FOXES :thumbup::D:cool:

If you're 16, go on your own. If you use Fox Travel, then your folks can't worry too much, as you'll be picked up from the WS and dropped off outside the away turnstiles. It shows you've thought about things, and come up with a sensible and practical solution.

Thats a good point, I definetly thought he would do Coventry, as its only down the M25, its their new ground, and its bank holiday money so he cant say that it would get in the way of him working, thefore theres no excuse really..

Ruddy hell where do you think Coventry is? ;)

Ive had to go to away games on my own before and im a girl (angelic smilie) its not ideal but when your with a bunch of fellow Leicester fans its great! Emotionally blackmail your dad into coming Narch by saying he'll ruin your childhood or something...works everytime :D

If you're 16, go on your own. If you use Fox Travel, then your folks can't worry too much, as you'll be picked up from the WS and dropped off outside the away turnstiles. It shows you've thought about things, and come up with a sensible and practical solution.

Spot on :thumbup:

Norwich is crap, i will never go back there again, went with Blackpool in the worthington cup few yrs back now though, we were all well-behaved but drinking on the coach, driver phoned the old bill who were waiting for us when we got there, and gave us all court orders, had to travel back to Norwich in our own time too to attend court and got fined over £500. :angry: So if you have a few beers on the coach travelling there be careful.

Norwich is crap, i will never go back there again, went with Blackpool in the worthington cup few yrs back now though, we were all well-behaved but drinking on the coach, driver phoned the old bill who were waiting for us when we got there, and gave us all court orders, had to travel back to Norwich in our own time too to attend court and got fined over £500. :angry: So if you have a few beers on the coach travelling there be careful.

It's illegal to carry alcohol on coaches going to sports venues - the coach driver/on board staff should have warned you about it beforehand. That's why Fox Travel make a big deal about it - they could be fined if the coppers do a routine inspection and find supporters drinking or carrying booze, and it's likely that the coach will be ordered to turn back to where it came from.

It's illegal to carry alcohol on coaches going to sports venues - the coach driver/on board staff should have warned you about it beforehand. That's why Fox Travel make a big deal about it - they could be fined if the coppers do a routine inspection and find supporters drinking or carrying booze, and it's likely that the coach will be ordered to turn back to where it came from.

Therefore, Make up a 2 litre bottle of vodka and coke - and drink that on coaches!!

Archived