Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Rab Douglas was pathetic...

Just a quick word to mention that we lost 3-1 to Southampton in the reserves tonight, after dominating and having most of the shots during the game, thanks to Douglas in goal.

They had 3 shots and he let all 3 in AND THE LAST WENT UNDER HIS BODY/STROKE THREW HIS LEGS. Why Douglas plays in the reserves I will never know. Conrad Logan should have played - Douglas is beyond a joke.

Hope he goes back to Scotland and soon !!! Jon Rudkin wants shooting for playing him !!

Just a quick word to mention that we lost 3-1 to Southampton in the reserves tonight, after dominating and having most of the shots during the game, thanks to Douglas in goal.

They had 3 shots and he let all 3 in AND THE LAST WENT UNDER HIS BODY/STROKE THREW HIS LEGS. Why Douglas plays in the reserves I will never know. Conrad Logan should have played - Douglas is beyond a joke.

Hope he goes back to Scotland and soon !!! Jon Rudkin wants shooting for playing him !!

Lets hope

he was probably told to play him

Maybe a new thread should be opened for this, but who the hell will be in goal next season?

Douglas is a waste of time to iratic and inconsistent, flaps for the ball and tends to like bringing opposition players down in his own area.

Henderson - May be lacking confidence, but his kicking does not seem great and some of his positioning is left to be disired.

Logan, cant rearly comment on him as never seen him play but did wonders on loan from what i heard.

Looks like we desperatley need a new keeper in my eyes if we will be challenging next year.

Well lets think how many games would we of drawn or lost without Henderson not in goal?

Hull

Reading

Luton

Cardiff (Carling Cup)

His kicking maybe poor and his positioning at times slightly dodgy but he pulls of some blinding point blank saves which not many keepers would pull off lets give the guy some credit! A good Pre-Season knowing he is number 1 confidence is up and Stowell can improve his weak areas.

lol omg this just puts the icing on the cake, I am so happy to see him OUT of our team, he is an awful keeper, and it is also another confirmation about how awful a manager Craig Levein was too.. what is it about Scotland????

Maybe a new thread should be opened for this, but who the hell will be in goal next season?

Douglas is a waste of time to iratic and inconsistent, flaps for the ball and tends to like bringing opposition players down in his own area.

Henderson - May be lacking confidence, but his kicking does not seem great and some of his positioning is left to be disired.

Logan, cant rearly comment on him as never seen him play but did wonders on loan from what i heard.

Looks like we desperatley need a new keeper in my eyes if we will be challenging next year.

I feel more confident with Henderson, and is the better of the two, (although IMO if he'd have dropped down quicker, he could have saved the peno on saturday) maybe he'll get better :ph34r:

Well lets think how many games would we of drawn or lost without Henderson not in goal?

Hull

Reading

Luton

Cardiff (Carling Cup)

His kicking maybe poor and his positioning at times slightly dodgy but he pulls of some blinding point blank saves which not many keepers would pull off lets give the guy some credit! A good Pre-Season knowing he is number 1 confidence is up and Stowell can improve his weak areas.

Eh, i cant recall me slagging him off! :blink:

I agree he pulls some great saves off and prefer him much to Douglas.

If it was not for him we would not have reached bolton to sadly get knocked out.

Im simply stating we need a new keeper for next season

So everyones just forgotton about Douglas's good form before getting injured then?

In early season he was making horrific mistakes and costing us dear but of recent he's looked a reliable goalkeeper, particularly since Kelly took charge, Hendersons doing a brilliant job for us now I agree but i'm not writing Rab Douglas off, mainly as theres not exactly a large number of keepers out there who can take his place.

So everyones just forgotton about Douglas's good form before getting injured then?

In early season he was making horrific mistakes and costing us dear but of recent he's looked a reliable goalkeeper, particularly since Kelly took charge, Hendersons doing a brilliant job for us now I agree but i'm not writing Rab Douglas off, mainly as theres not exactly a large number of keepers out there who can take his place.

... for free or at least very very cheap.

We've more important positions to strengthen than goalkeeper, and we don't have much to spend anyway.

You've also gotta consider that we'd have to sell or pay-off one of our current keepers, we can't afford to have 3 first team goalkeepers AND Logan on the books.

Douglas has two more years, Henderson has at least one more year. They won't be going anywhere unless someone wants to buy them (and if they're as bad as you make them out to be, that's not likely, is it?)

... for free or at least very very cheap. We've more important positions to strengthen than goalkeeper, and we don't have much to spend anyway.

You've also gotta consider that we'd have to sell or pay-off one of our current keepers, we can't afford to have 3 first team goalkeepers AND Logan on the books.

Douglas has two more years, Henderson has at least one more year. They won't be going anywhere unless someone wants to buy them (and if they're as bad as you make them out to be, that's not likely, is it?)

I think you meant to have quoted me there, not Durnerz.

They'd be plenty of clubs who would take Douglas off are hands for a kick off, even if on a free..theyd be someone.

Logan wont be on much a week anyway and Henderson could be good back up.

They'd be plenty of clubs who would take Douglas off are hands for a kick off, even if on a free..theyd be someone.

I like Henderson, and apart from his kicks, I rate him. Only problem is he is 30. If he hasnt been able to kick for the last 10 years why is it gonna get better over a rosy pre season??

I like Henderson, and apart from his kicks, I rate him. Only problem is he is 30. If he hasnt been able to kick for the last 10 years why is it gonna get better over a rosy pre season??

Because he's training with a top quality goal keepng coach for the first time in those 10 years?

I was actually qualifying Durnerz's statement about a lack of options 'out there' :thumbup:

There's plenty of clubs who want a goalkeeper of Douglas' experience. Problem is, none of these clubs will want to spend much on him (because they probably don't have much to begin with).

Letting him go for free is a bad idea too. We need to get at least a little cash from any transfers, since we don't have much money to spend on players as it is - and there's some rebuilding to be done this summer.

We've got a good class goalkeeping coach. We should have developed our own by now.

Archived