Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
john_lcfc

Goalkeeper

whats your feelings on the lcfc goalkeeper situation after pieman performing like this

and rab being a wee liability we have henderson who i dont at the moment have 100% trust in. who is available and who do you think will be between the sticks in 2 years time say..

Get Ian Walker back. It's the long term plan anyway, think about it - CL wanted him to live with in 25 miles of Leicester or what ever it was and Walker didn't. So they named the walkers stadium not after the crisp, but so Ian Walker and his family can move in next season and live in the changing rooms. That way his wife can make all the players and staff a brew at half time and also have the kit washed and neatly ironed for the games.

Tim Davis has long term plans you know! To think we all thought he sat around all day reading and answering our emails :rolleyes:

Thought Henderson (apart from the odd kick) did everything really well tonight.

Concussed Clinton too so well done Paul.

I actually thought he dealt with some corners/crosses poorly as well.

Henderson had a good game last night and proved that he has the capability so long as he concentrates. Having said that, a good proven goalkeeper (if one is available) is a priority signing for me if we are to have any hope of a promotional campaign next season.

First job is to send Rab Douglas back from whence he came!

Henderson's decisiveness was what most impressed me. Douglas has sometimes given penalties away or created uncomfortable situations by being too slow to act.

On three occasions last night Henderson risked serious injury going straight for the ball in difficult situations (twice against Johnson and once against Morrison) and on the odd occasion he made an error he seemed to be impeded.

Seems to be growing in confidence - a characteristic Kelly seems able to inspire in everyone (Williams is another to benefit).

I thought Henderson was very impressive last night with is one big error being twice electing to punch rather than catch (loved Paddy Mac's reaction - "just bloody catch the thing!")

p.s. I am not counting the couple of crosses the he fluffed and went across the face of goal because he was blatently pushed in the back both times. Seemed to be a tactic Palace adopted hoping they would get away with it!

I'd definitely have him as no 1 next season we're not going to find a better keeper with the budget we've got!

Archived