Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Reserves vs Ipswich

Stowell was constantly talking about O'Grady's lack of a left foot. When O'Grady had possession of the ball in front of us Stowell just kept on saying "Right, right, right again" and it is clear to see he needs to improve on his left foot because the Ipswich defenders had worked him out when he had his back to goal. Stowell did mention something that Ray Graytdon has said before that they have to drag O'Grady away from the training ground because if he's not out on the pitches he's in the gym doing weights and he could over do things if they don't stop him.

Sheehan was constantly being told what to do by the academy coaches. I get the impression he has let things get to his head a little bit. At one point Logan attempted to give Sheehan the ball quickly but Sheehan wasn't switched on and the ball just rolled out for a throw in. The coaches praised Logan for his thinking but decided not to comment on Sheehan as it must have been obvious to him that he should've been concentrating. Not that it matters greatly but Stowell said that he's not the brightest of lads. An Ipswich player put a challenge in on Sheehan and a free kick was awarded to us. The Ipswich player told the linesman to fock off and whilst he was being booked Sheehan was trying to get the ref to put his card away because he thought the booking was for the challenge. We could hear from where we were that he'd shouted fock off at the linesman and we were at the opposite end of the pitch.

Didn't mention Dodds much apart from saying he looked very tired at the end of the 1st half and that's why he was brought off at half time. Interesting to see that as the players went into the changing rooms Rob Kelly pulled O'Grady and Dodds to one side and gave them a talk involving a lot of hand gestures. It looked as if he was showing them what to do when they've got their backs to goal.

When the chairman asked who number 4 was for us Stowell told him it was Levi Porter and said that he's a tricky little lad which shows that he hasn't gone without notice.

One of the funniest things I heard was that Dave Rennie had been talking to Micky Adams after the Coventry match and Adams was so shocked that Wesolowski was seriously pushing for a place in the first team when injury free. Adams didn't rate him very highly at all by the sounds of things when he was here.

:D:D

That is evidence in itself that proves Micky Adams has a severely limited footballing brain. Good grief, it's been blatantly obvious since Wesolowski arrived as a 14 year old that he had all the attributes to become a quality footballer. I often said how much Adams neglected the youngsters at Leicester will this is all the proof we needed, although Levein nearly let Wesolowski go un-noticed which baffles me. How can anyone with that talent not stand out? I've watched him about 20 times under both Adams and Levein for the academy and reserves and he was the best player on the pitch in most of them, even at right back where they often played him.

I can't wait to see what Adams thinks of him next season when he gives his old timers a lesson in proper football. Clueless.

sorry if this has been talked about

but i was also at the game, and what i saw of sheehan, i dont want him anywhere near the first team. he was terrible

he just seemed like he wasnt bothered

and another thing, for someone who was captain of the side he was quiet as a mouse not very vocal at all.

but i was also at the game, and what i saw of sheehan, i dont want him anywhere near the first team. he was terrible

and another thing, for someone who was captain of the side he was quiet as a mouse not very vocal at all.

Dodds was captain.

Edited to say that just realised Dodds went off at half-time so I assume Sheehan was captain 2nd half.

He was captain at some point in the second half but as Ric said Dodds was captain for the first half. I agree with you though he didn't look his best to me. Diddn't seem to have his mind on the game and if I was a coach watching the game he wouldn't have impressed me enough to make me think he deserves a spot in the first team at this moment in time.

Archived