Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Alan Sheehan

Correct Don, i was at the game and I remember telling my mates how much of a potential Sheehen is and he has a mare.

He showed his potential against Sheff Wed and Bolton when he came on, looked very impressive in both games. This 'he didn't look up to it' is bollocks, it certainly wasn't said at the time.

He showed his potential against Sheff Wed and Bolton when he came on, looked very impressive in both games. This 'he didn't look up to it' is bollocks, it certainly wasn't said at the time.

??? After the Crewe game? I remember loads of people saying he was way off first team football and some even saying we should get rid. Not quite my opinion granted but he did have a nightmate. I still think Sheehan only has himself and his injurys to blame for his exile from the team, he's performance against Crewe was awful, where as I would of probabley given him another chance by now I can't blame any one who wouldn't.

And Brevett is? My point being that it's disheartening for young players when loanees get on the bench without making a single contribution to the cause over and above others who are almost certainly better players. How would you feel?.
That's life.

Think the goal he mentioned was when the winger turned him and got the cross over from the byline and was headed in at the far post.

That was there 1st atack after bout 30 mins, didn't look like conceding at all. bad error by him, should have clocked the cross. remember blaming him at the time.

But sure it was the same game that he got sent off in.

Haha I have just watched that goal on LCFC World and i'm sorry but that is very harsh on the lad. If Sheehan should have done better then what about Douglas and the other defenders that left the ball as it sailed aimlessly to the back post, they all thought it was going out for a goal kick. If you have access to watching the goal again then please do, Sheehan does his utmost to get the block in but the cross is hoofed 10 foot over his advancing challenge.

I'm not saying Sheehan couldn't defend that ball but anybody who deliberately leaves the ball to go out for a goal kick (Douglas) surely is the one to blame???

??? After the Crewe game? I remember loads of people saying he was way off first team football and some even saying we should get rid. Not quite my opinion granted but he did have a nightmate. I still think Sheehan only has himself and his injurys to blame for his exile from the team, he's performance against Crewe was awful, where as I would of probabley given him another chance by now I can't blame any one who wouldn't.

I don't quite recall it being like that. People did say he had a bad game, which he did (like all players do) but surely his appearances against Plymouth, Blackpool and Sheff Wed plus his cameo at Bolton prove that he's capable of first team football at this level. Not quite as adavanced as Stearman or Weso but none the less he's shown signs he could be the best left back at this club.

lol

Spot on, 100%.

He is another Jordan Stewart by all accounts, loves himself and thinks the football world owes him a living and a starting spot. Until he gets rid of that he'll be lucky to get a game for Shamrock Rovers.

I always quite liked Jordan Stewart. :ph34r:

Look at him know he's part of the Watford team ( 26 appearances and 6 as a sub) that are in playoffs we're not!

If Sheehan has been injured (and I don't know when he got back to fitness), then perhaps Kelly doesn't want to play him at full level when he's not fully fit or perhaps he's not ready yet. Who knows?

Look at him know he's part of the Watford team ( 26 appearances and 6 as a sub) that are in playoffs we're not!

If Sheehan has been injured (and I don't know when he got back to fitness), then perhaps Kelly doesn't want to play him at full level when he's not fully fit or perhaps he's not ready yet. Who knows?

I take it you've not spoken to any Watford fans this season then? The way they describe him make us sound loving towards Momo Sylla and Joe Hamill.

I don't quite recall it being like that. People did say he had a bad game, which he did (like all players do) but surely his appearances against Plymouth, Blackpool and Sheff Wed plus his cameo at Bolton prove that he's capable of first team football at this level. Not quite as adavanced as Stearman or Weso but none the less he's shown signs he could be the best left back at this club.

To be honest that shouldn't be difficult if he's one of the most talented youngsters at this football club and has a Centre back and a 36 year old Rufus Brevett to compete with. With a bit of luck he can break through next season.

However I will reiterate he has no one to blame but himself and he's injurys. He was poor he got dropped, he has struggled to get back in the team. Im fed up with people making excuses for him for him why do it? Blaming a lack luster performance on fellow Leicester suppourters for not suppourting, the management for not playing him, or the club for not giving him five grand a week and playing him week in week out when he was rubbish the last time he played is not going to help his devlopment. It would be alot better for him if he was told he had a bad game and he needs to improve, instead of being wrapped up in cotton wool excuses by the likes of Thracian. Its clear youth gets a chance at this club. When he nexts gets a chance he should take it instead of playing like Gilbert on Ketamin then getting sent off.

If they had Niles at Left back they would of got Automatic. Jordans been a joke all season..... and he's evil

I take it you've not spoken to any Watford fans this season then? The way they describe him make us sound loving towards Momo Sylla and Joe Hamill.

Sadly not, I don't come across many.

HE always seemed to me to be the sort of player that with confidence and crowd backing could do some really good things. But then again maybe my memories warped. Who knows?

To be honest that shouldn't be difficult if he's one of the most talented youngsters at this football club and has a Centre back and a 36 year old Rufus Brevett to compete with. With a bit of luck he can break through next season.

However I will reiterate he has no one to blame but himself and he's injurys. He was poor he got dropped, he has struggled to get back in the team. Im fed up with people making excuses for him for him why do it? Blaming a lack luster performance on fellow Leicester suppourters for not suppourting, the management for not playing him, or the club for not giving him five grand a week and playing him week in week out when he was rubbish the last time he played is not going to help his devlopment. It would be alot better for him if he was told he had a bad game and he needs to improve, instead of being wrapped up in cotton wool excuses by the likes of Thracian. Its clear youth gets a chance at this club. When he nexts gets a chance he should take it instead of playing like Gilbert on Ketamin then getting sent off.

I don't disagree with any of that, i've certainly never blamed it on anyone. All i've said is that earlier in the season when we had massive problems at left back under Levein and Sheehan was playing well for the reserves yet Levein didn't give him the run he deserved. He did very well against Sheff Wed but was suddenly dropped the following game for Gilbert who was also then dropped the following game. That's what annoyed me. Kelly hasn't done anything wrong with Sheehan, the lad was injured for 2 months and is now fighting back to full fitness. It would be nice to see him on the bench for the remaining two games instead of Brevett and I cannot see why that shouldn't happen.

I don't disagree with any of that, i've certainly never blamed it on anyone. All i've said is that earlier in the season when we had massive problems at left back under Levein and Sheehan was playing well for the reserves yet Levein didn't give him the run he deserved. He did very well against Sheff Wed but was suddenly dropped the following game for Gilbert who was also then dropped the following game. That's what annoyed me. Kelly hasn't done anything wrong with Sheehan, the lad was injured for 2 months and is now fighting back to full fitness. It would be nice to see him on the bench for the remaining two games instead of Brevett and I cannot see why that shouldn't happen.

my post was more aimed at the post that started this thread. I agree he should get on the bench instead of Ruuufffuuoosss

Haha I have just watched that goal on LCFC World and i'm sorry but that is very harsh on the lad. If Sheehan should have done better then what about Douglas and the other defenders that left the ball as it sailed aimlessly to the back post, they all thought it was going out for a goal kick. If you have access to watching the goal again then please do, Sheehan does his utmost to get the block in but the cross is hoofed 10 foot over his advancing challenge.

I'm not saying Sheehan couldn't defend that ball but anybody who deliberately leaves the ball to go out for a goal kick (Douglas) surely is the one to blame???

I don't unfortunately have access, and i have not seen the goal since, I can only go on what I felt at the time, and that was as a full back, you do not let the attacking player get to the byline to put the cross in, as every player going straight into the box without checking and they are the most difficult types of ball to defend against.

I believe he was at fault for the goal. Yet all players make mistakes and are at fault for goals. I don't beilieve this should ot would have made a difference in RK not picking him recently and I hope he gets another chance sooner rather than later.

I think Levein was right from dropping sheehan after that game, I remember the abuse the fans were throwing at him after he got sent off and going back straight into the team might have rocked his confidence for a while to come.

i believe i'm right in saying ruffus cant play saturday as he is on loan from plymouth, this must surely put sheehan on the bech as defensive options are limited

Am so sick of hearing about Sheehan... He needs to go on loan and learn his trade through regular first team football (Boston, next season anyone??)...

I think some commentators on here should get over their love affair with him... Lets not get started on the scaremongering amonst the youngsters at our club... I think someone has spent too much time at the Co-op at the bottom of Belvoir Drive listening to the shop assistants gossip about players!!

Utter bollocks my friend. Please explain to me the goal Alan Sheehan was at fault for. Also our defence is hardly conceding??? Well i'd hate to see a defence that concedes goals then, although I agree our defence does individually have potential I still think we've got serious problems especially at defending set pieces and giving them away needlessly.

I also think your comments on O'Grady are a little unfair, he's far from shite and the improvement in his game this season has been impressive. I agree he doesn't warrant a first team place regularly but I can't see how you can claim he is shite. In the games i've seen him he's had an impact in the majority of them.

O'Grady can't time a header to save his life and has done little or nothing when on the pitch. If he wasn't a youngster people wouldn't put up with him holding the ball up a couple of times and doing nothign else other than give free kicks away. I really don't see him making it.

Sheehan was at fault for a goal where he let the right winger ghost past him and cross the ball to the far post. I can't remeber the opposition but there was widespread condemnation after the match.

O'Grady can't time a header to save his life and has done little or nothing when on the pitch. If he wasn't a youngster people wouldn't put up with him holding the ball up a couple of times and doing nothign else other than give free kicks away. I really don't see him making it.

Sheehan was at fault for a goal where he let the right winger ghost past him and cross the ball to the far post. I can't remeber the opposition but there was widespread condemnation after the match.

Im still sceptical about O'Grady too, but then he scored 4 in reserves. i know its not the same but its still pretty good. I hope he does well, but at the moment I'm not convinced he's ready for first team football.

I'm not saying O'Grady will definately make it but you must admit the improvement in his game since he has come back from Rushden is remarkable. He was lightweight, timid and clueless before he went there. He's come back physically stronger, mentally tougher and looks alot more dangerous on the ball. He has even admitted himself that his heading is his weakness but against Preston when he came on he won one or two flick on's which led to chances, we looked alot more dangerous when O'Grady came on to partner Hume and Fryatt than we had done all game other than for the first 8 seconds.

He's done nothing else other than give free-kicks away? Sorry but that's not true, he often comes on and takes the pressure off the defence by pushing the opposition further back and yes he has held the ball up well but he's also made several good runs that have won us corners and free-kicks when just minutes earlier we were under the kosh. Plus his winner at Luton is hardly insignificant even if it did bounce off him and in to the net. If he was 26 and had put in the level of performances that he has done then i'd still have the same opinion, the only thing that might change is that if at 26 he still can't force his way in to the first team line-up like Hammond then i'd question whether he'd ever make it but he's not 26 he's 20 and looking very confident.

Archived