Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Ray Graydon's Replacement ?

Thanks Thracian - thank goodness someone else appreciates the urgence of getting a Coach / Assistant in for RK - I think its more important than signing players - you can't have one without the other. If we all keep pushing (perhaps Rob, as well as the Board ?!) ...... ?

Perhaps he's on holiday, he could well have booked up for his family when he was Asst, thinking he'd need to be around less at this time. With Craig and his jock mates doing all the recruiting. I would also imagine that they didn't / don't expect too many arrivals anyway.

Perhaps he's on holiday, he could well have booked up for his family when he was Asst, thinking he'd need to be around less at this time. With Craig and his jock mates doing all the recruiting. I would also imagine that they didn't / don't expect too many arrivals anyway.

Yes, it was on my mind that Rk may be 'on his hols'. Fair enough, he needs / deserves a holiday - but all the more reason for him to have an Assistant in to work in his absence (any decent organisation should have 'cover' for holidays) - perhaps he shouldn't have gone without anyone to back him up (or is Mike Stowell 'that man' - doing all the management roles for the club on his own at the moment !?). And you could be right about Rob not expecting / counting on too many arrivals this summer (as he did say) - but that is a worry for me - we're just not good enough without at least SOME 'new blood'.

Yes, it was on my mind that Rk may be 'on his hols'. Fair enough, he needs / deserves a holiday - but all the more reason for him to have an Assistant in to work in his absence (any decent organisation should have 'cover' for holidays) - perhaps he shouldn't have gone without anyone to back him up (or is Mike Stowell 'that man' - doing all the management roles for the club on his own at the moment !?).

As we really don't know what is going on perhaps it would be better if we just assumed that Rob knows what he is doing.

As we really don't know what is going on perhaps it would be better if we just assumed that Rob knows what he is doing.

If that's the case, why do we bother having / participating in a web forum such as Foxestalk ?!! It's that Foxes Trust argument - "leave it to us and everything will be all right "! I hope we (Foxestalk Forum) are here to offer CONSTRUCTIVE support, suggestions, questions and comment. I don't doubt that Rob knows what he is doing (well, mostly !); but, I would like to give him some 'help' (as I am sure most of us in the Forum are doing) ! Also, I for one, ask questions here of other Forum people - to simply try and find out what's going on - the Club / Mercury / Radio / TV are not particularly good at doing that - PERHAPS other Forum members are - and know something (not guaranteed, I agree !) ?

If that's the case, why do we bother having / participating in a web forum such as Foxestalk ?!

All i am saying is we don't seem to have any facts on this subject at all, we don't even know if if its a coach or assistant manager he wants, whether he is on holiday or whether he is in talks with Three Players as we speak and on this subject we are going nowhere until we are a little more informed. Just my opinion feel free to continue.

If that's the case, why do we bother having / participating in a web forum such as Foxestalk ?!! It's that Foxes Trust argument - "leave it to us and everything will be all right "! I hope we (Foxestalk Forum) are here to offer CONSTRUCTIVE support, suggestions, questions and comment. I don't doubt that Rob knows what he is doing (well, mostly !); but, I would like to give him some 'help' (as I am sure most of us in the Forum are doing) ! Also, I for one, ask questions here of other Forum people - to simply try and find out what's going on - the Club / Mercury / Radio / TV are not particularly good at doing that - PERHAPS other Forum members are - and know something (not guaranteed, I agree !) ?

Really, I HOPE someone - at the Club (or someone of 'importance' !) - actually reads (and 'listens' / understands) what we write on this Forum - and it does make some difference !!?

Really, I HOPE someone - at the Club (or someone of 'importance' !) - actually reads (and 'listens' / understands) what we write on this Forum - and it does make some difference !!?

Did you mean to quote yourself there? :blink: or was that meant for me?

Did you mean to quote yourself there? :blink: or was that meant for me?

I DID mean to quote myself - I wasn't aiming it at you ! In fact, I'm not getting on at you at all - just trying to justify why I spend so much time (don't tell my Editor !) 'putting my thoughts down' on the Forum - in the hope that someone (and at the Club, if possible !) - reads - and takes note !

Heard it (on good authority - from a 'journo' mate at the Cov Evening Telegraph) that RK has been talking to Gary McAllister about "a possible role at the Walker's Stadium". Don't know what "possible role" is exactly, but I do remember someone saying before on FTF (a mate/neighbour of Gary Mac's - where does he live - Quorn or somewhere around there ?) that Gary was considering "helping out with some Coaching" at City. Would be an ideal Assistant Manager IMO - knows the Club (4 years as player - and Captain ?), knows RK (played with him), lives locally, must be keen to be getting back to full-time work, well respected by all at City (and elsewhere !) and (OK, so it was only Cov) but fairly recent (and 'not bad') managerial experience !

Heard it (on good authority - from a 'journo' mate at the Cov Evening Telegraph) that RK has been talking to Gary McAllister about "a possible role at the Walker's Stadium". Don't know what "possible role" is exactly, but I do remember someone saying before on FTF (a mate/neighbour of Gary Mac's - where does he live - Quorn or somewhere around there ?) that Gary was considering "helping out with some Coaching" at City. Would be an ideal Assistant Manager IMO - knows the Club (4 years as player - and Captain ?), knows RK (played with him), lives locally, must be keen to be getting back to full-time work, well respected by all at City (and elsewhere !) and (OK, so it was only Cov) but fairly recent (and 'not bad') managerial experience !

I too heard some weeks ago that McAllister might get a role - as the preferred choice of a man who might be willing to input some funds - and while the situation might have changed in regard to the word "preferred" in view of our second half of season recovery, an appointment of some kind would not surprise me.

Somehow it would also tie in with what might happen if Kelly were to leave at the end of his current contract, say for Wolves, but I'm getting ahead of myself and a whole lot of imponderables.

Archived