Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Notts County

For those that are interested/arsed, Notts County could be relegated to the Conference on Saturday if they lose, and Oxford and Stockport win. I've always had a soft spot for Notts - it'd be a pity if they went down as:

1. They're not Forest.

2. I've got quite a few mates who follow them and I used to go watch them midweek back in the day.

3. They're the founder member of the Football League - it would be a shame if they slipped out of the league.

I may be wrong, but I reckon if they got relegated, they'd be only the second team in modern times to have played in the top-flight, and at non-league level.

The other side......?

For those that are interested/arsed, Notts County could be relegated to the Conference on Saturday if they lose, and Oxford and Stockport win. I've always had a soft spot for Notts - it'd be a pity if they went down as:

1. They're not Forest.

2. I've got quite a few mates who follow them and I used to go watch them midweek back in the day.

3. They're the founder member of the Football League - it would be a shame if they slipped out of the league.

I may be wrong, but I reckon if they got relegated, they'd be only the second team in modern times to have played in the top-flight, and at non-league level.

The other side......?

Depending on your definition of modern times.....

Wimbledon/Franchise FC.

Wigan.

1. They're not Forest.

The other side......?

****in hell, they've nose dived since we were linked with their manager. Weren't Notts County top of the league after about 10-15 games of the season? Similar to Millwall about 10 years ago when they were top at christmas and still went down.

Guest Gist

I knew the league was tight at the bottom but I did'nt realise that Notts County could get relegated, I could'nt imagine them in the conference.

I knew the league was tight at the bottom but I did'nt realise that Notts County could get relegated, I could'nt imagine them in the conference.

Neither could i,nice ground aswell. Does steffan oaks still play for them?

:rolleyes::unsure:

Depending on your definition of modern times.....

Wimbledon/Franchise FC.

Wigan.

It was a crap question, as I'd not even considered those two! :rolleyes:

The three sides by my reckoning would be Wigan, Wimbledon and Carlisle.

I pray Notts stay up,it will be terrible for the city of Nottingham if this happend,and the state of East Midlands football will be even worse!I was hoping Notts would get promoted this season so they could be playing us but the thought of them going in the conference is unbearable because they will more than likely be stuck there for many years.

I had absolutely no idea they were in trouble! I hope they don't slip out - they're one of those team that don't really annoy you - so they're good to have around. That's my spin on things anyhoo.

But jesus, what a slide that's been for them ... were they not about 7th when we were considering that Icelandic bloke of theirs as our new boss?

I hope they don't go down. That bloody Kamara twat will have a field day when he joins the dots and feels he can blame us for it :rolleyes:

On another note... seems Jim Smith's Oxford are in trouble too. It'd be good to see the Derby reject relegated. Again.

Nothing against Oxford, just their manager :thumbup:

Wouldn't want to see Notts County relegated either, let's have the fingers crossed that they'll bag the three points necessary for staying in League Two.

Sympathetic club with a glorious past.

Please make it happen.

Wouldn't want to see Notts County relegated either, let's have the fingers crossed that they'll bag the three points necessary for staying in League Two.

Sympathetic club with a glorious past.

Please make it happen.

They got themselves a draw to lift them up to 52 points.

Oxford, who were occupying the other drop spot, lost to Leyton Orient.

Oxford were relegated, County were safe - by 3 points.

If Stockport and County drew as they did, and Oxford won, it would have been Stockport who dropped as their goal difference is significantly worse than the others.

Congratulations County on your late escape :thumbup:

Archived