Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc true blue josh 18

FA Cup Final Thread

What a game, one of the best finals in many a decade.

Steven Gerrard is indescribable - that 2nd goal was unbelievable! You couldn't write a better script than that if you were a Liverpool fan (although they said that last season too ;) ).

I felt sorry for the Hammers and I would've loved them to win it, but we are seeing one of the best players in the world in his generation in Gerrard - and he saved them again.

It has to be said that, although they have some fine players, they are a one-man team at times.

Instead of dwelling on Rooney's misfortune, we can console ourselves that Gerrard is absolutely at the peak of his game. If Rooney's absence means Gerrard plays behind his team-mate Crouch"in the hole", I'd be happy with that.

Guest Gist

Great game, shame West Ham lost I thought they deserved to win today, two top class goals by Gerrard as well I hope he keeps that up for the world cup.

What a game. I loved every minuture of it, it was truely a classic cup final. It was great to see 2 clubs with great fans and a good history play exciting open football at a high tempo.

I really wanted West Ham to do it in the end but once it went to penalties it was enevitable that Liverpool would win.

Can just imagine those Liverpool glory boys in hogshead now.

yep I enjoy watching the FA Cup final but it also makes me really really mad seeing all the fake plastic football supporters come out of the woodwork pretending they are massive fans because they buy a shirt every year and watch the odd match on TV yet have never been to a game and use cr ap excuses like oh I can't get tickets... it's to far to travel!!! makes me mad!!!! :mad:

2 Great Teams..And a great cup final...its strange Hammers were only just promoted and they got to one of the best domestic cups in the english league. they now have a chance to play european footballCup finals should not end in a Penalty shoot out should have gone to a replay finals shouldnt be ended in 2 minutes of Shooting. on performance Hammers should have won but iwas rooting for liverpool thnkafully they came out on top

Went down there with F4 CUP on a Mini Cooper (www.f4cup.co.uk) belonging to my friend, a Liverpool fan. Made loads of friends. The atmosphere was the most electric I've ever known. When Carragher scored his own goal the fans chanted his name and the song wishing they had a whole team full of Carraghers. Even at two-down the fans had faith and continued singing for their the team. Gerrard enjoyed Godlike status. A day to remember for ever.

Archived