Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sackmycook

Dirty Old Lady

juventus could be demoted to serie c1 and stripped of past league honours amid allegations of match fixing. Luciano 'The Godfather' Moggi resigns as juventus general manager.

just goes to show why juventus havent been able to reproduce domestic form in europe.

My mistake apparently they also had Euro refs in their pockets.

Wiretaps:

Luciano Moggi Director General of Juventus

Pierluigi Pairetto Head of Italian Referees' Association and member of Uefa Referees' Commission

THE TIME

September, 2004

THE CONVERSATIONS

Pierluigi Pairetto: I know that you've forgotten about me but I haven't forgotten about you.

Luciano Moggi: Go on...

PP: I've put a great referee for the game in Amsterdam.

LM: Who?

PP: Meier.

LM: Great!

PP: Anyway, it was just to tell you this. You see, I remember about you even if you...

(Ajax played Juventus on 15 September, the referee was Urs Meier, from Switz-erland. Juventus won 1-0)

(Juventus drew 2-2 at home to Swedish club Djurgarden in a Champions' League qualifier in August 2004. German Referee Herbert Fandel disallowed a goal by Juve's Miccoli.)

LM: But what the f... kind of referee did you send us?

PP: Fandel is one of the best...

LM: Miccoli's goal was valid.

PP: No it wasn't.

LM: It was valid, it was valid.

PP: He was in front...

LM: What are you talking about in front? And anyway, all through the game he messed things up for us.

PP: But he's one of the top...

LM: He can go and f... himself. And for Stockholm [the return leg] I'm counting on you.

(Juve won the return leg 4-1, with England's Graham Poll refereeing. Two days before the game, Moggi called the secretary of the Italian football league.)

LM: The ref is Cardozo, right?

Sec: I've got Graham Poll written here.

LM: Uhm. Where's he from?

Sec: He's English.

(A few minutes later, Moggi calls Pairetto.)

LM: So it's Cardozo, eh?

PP: Eh?

LM: It's Paul Green [Moggi means Graham Poll]

PP: What?

LM: Paul Green

PP: Well something has happened at the last minute, he was sick or something.

LM: Find out.

PP: Yes, yes. I'll look into it right away.

(Before a series of pre-season friendly games.)

LM: For Messina, send me Consolo and Battaglia.

PP: I've already done the refs.

LM: And who are you sending us?

PP: Consolo and Battaglia, I think.

LM: And for the Berlusconi trophy, I want Pieri, all right?

PP: I haven't done that yet.

LM: OK, we'll do that later.

(A conversation takes place between Pairetto and Paolo Dondarini, the referee he had selected to officiate a Serie A match between Juventus and Sampdoria.)

PP: You know what you have to do. Make sure you see everything. Even that which isn't there.

(Back in 2004, Juventus had been tracking Ajax's Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic as a possible transfer target. Moggi rang Antonio Giraudo, chief executive at Juventus, to tell him that Ibrahimovic had scored a hat-trick for Ajax.)

LM: What the hell! But I specifically told him to play badly.

Antonio Giraudo: I told him! We had agreed that he would play badly, go see the manager after the game, tell him that he would never play for them again and demand that he be sold to us.

that's bad... no matter who the club is they should receive a significant ban from all Champions League and UEFA Cup events!!

that is of course if all this is proved correct I do however feel that the entire game in Italy is seriously corrupt and this is probably only the very start!!

PP: I've put a great referee for the game in Amsterdam.

LM: Who?

PP: Meier.

LM: Great!

PP: Anyway, it was just to tell you this. You see, I remember about you even if you...

(Ajax played Juventus on 15 September, the referee was Urs Meier, from Switzerland. Juventus won 1-0)

Interesting.

This is the same Urs Meier who refereed England-Portugal in Euro 2004, and disallowed a last-minute winner by Sol Campbell.

Wonder if he'll be at the World Cup?

If so, he won't be happy about being dragged into this.

Oh God no. Now we have to put up with millions of English conspiracy theorists moaning that England vs. Portugal was fixed.

The refereeing of that match was terrible. If Meier was just incompetent rather than corrupt then serious questions have to be asked of UEFA's procedures for picking referees. How could they let someone so bad at his job officiate an important match?

Oh God no. Now we have to put up with millions of English conspiracy theorists moaning that England vs. Portugal was fixed.

I think its been said before Sheep boy, until you QUALIFY for a major tournament don't bother discussing international football with your superiors. :rolleyes:

Archived