Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
newms

Leicester 12th most supported club in england

The table puts Leicester ahead of EUFA Cup finalists Middlesbrough (16th) and Scottish Premiership champions Hearts (18th) but also ahead of Midlands rivals Wolves (19th).

:whistle: second rate journalisem, even Bill Andersons shaking his head at that one

:D:thumbup:

I'm sure Nottingham is as well, I think it all depends on what you perceive to actullay be Nottingham, and what you perceive to actually be Leicester.

No, Leicester is larger than Nottingham in terms of population, according to the 2001 Census.

I find it more than surprising that Sunderland are not in the top 20. :o:o:o

Especially as it's only two weeks since they managed a league crowd of 44000 (more than we've ever done) and that was at the end of a shockingly poor season for them.

Especially as it's only two weeks since they managed a league crowd of 44000 (more than we've ever done) and that was at the end of a shockingly poor season for them.

Im quite suprised too :rolleyes:

I find it surprising that this research is allowed to be published as it's clearly bollocks and full of endless flaws. :o;)

Thinking about it, I'm also surprised Birmingham, Ipswich and Derby don't figure either.

This survey does seem VERY dodgy... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Does seem a bit dodgey,why would they just conduct this survey? :ermm:

how are norwich in there?

Quite clearly that's down to double counting.

When told "my mum and sister also support Norwich" the researcher didn't realise that the locals were only talking about one person.

Dodgy as it may seems you would be suprised at the amount of people out there who claim to suppourt Leicester. I used to live in Huddersfield and I used to see at least 10-12 everytime there was a televised game, I also used to go to Manchester a fair bit over the weekends and I must of herd people discussing Leicester City three or four times on the bus. ( before people scoff thats quite alot, taking into consideration i've never herd any other team outside of the top flight bar Plymouth being discussed ) I've even been to Tormalinos and had some Spanish gezzer stop me in the street ( was wearing city top ) He suppoutred Leicester :blink: It wouldnt surpsise me if none of them have ever been to a game in there life but they are about.

12th Best suppourted club in England possible not but we have alot of none match day attending fans.

There are a lot of fans (Man Utd and Liverpool the classic examples) who may wear the shirt and claim to be lifelong diehard loyal supporters, but have probably never seen their team play.

We probably have a few exiles in various parts of the globe who may have lived in Leicester 20 years ago and think that this still qualifies them as FOXES... :ermm:

Not wrong. Every Sat I wish I was wherever the mighty LCFC are playing. and would love to be in a position to buy the club and watch them get back where they belong in the Premiership. :thumbup:

Us exiles are as passionate as our fellow supporters who have the oppurtunity of getting to the game week in and week out. :D:D

Everywhere I go in the world I bump into fellow LCFC suporters.

Lets spread the word :cool:

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Yeh but sunderland has a core group of die hards - you dont meet many from outside sunderland. my best mate down at uni is from sunderland and he says that outside the city boundaries, few people are sunderland supporters and tend to go for newcastle.

the results probably give a fair indication of what the actual number is but 12th is a bit high. also, nottingham has fans of teams like mansfield and notts county, whereas in leicestershire, what choice do we have? hinckley? :whistle:

Archived