Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Brazil

Well as usual Brazil are faviourates to lift the world cup come July 9th, it even seems they are favoured to such a extent, that a certain member of this board feels the need to suppourt them over England due to the fact they have a better chance of winning. <_< Don't get me started.

Not that im saying we're going to win it or indeed we are better then Braiz but if you look down the 23 man squad, there are holes. Big time, espically at the back ( not a unsual thing i know )

Goalkeepers:

Dida (AC Milan), ( Good keeper but it dont half have his dodgy moments )

Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), ( Im sure he's lost his place to Toldo)

Rogerio Ceni (Sao Paulo)

Defenders:

Cafu (AC Milan), ( Arguable still one of the best right backs in the world but could his age show? )

Cicinho (Real Madrid), ( Personally, I don't think he can defend to save his life )

Lucio (Bayern Munich),

Juan (Bayer Leverkusen), ( Him Gilberto and Luisao, not exactly world beaters! )

Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid), ( Old and someone would say his best is long past him )

Gilberto (Hertha Berlin),

Cris (Olympique Lyon),

Luisao (Benfica)

Cris and Luci0 are good defenders, but I would never swap Ferdiniand and Terry for them......

Midfielders: Edmilson (Barcelona), ( Not exactly the first name on the Barce team sheet is he )

Juninho Pernambucano (Olympique Lyon),( well he can take free kicks, and then.... theres always freekicks as well )

Emerson (Juventus),

Ze Roberto (Bayern Munich), ( well he's definately quick :whistle: )

Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), ( Not over impressed this season has he? )

Kaka (AC Milan),

Ricardinho (Corinthians) ( a player to watch, but is he ready for a tournament of this size against such quality? )

Forwards:

Ronaldo (Real Madrid),

Ronaldinho (Barcelona),

Adriano (Inter Milan), (Yeah ok)

Robinho (Real Madrid), ( Over rated )

Fred (Olympique Lyon). (Oh dear)

Compare that squad to ours and you can see why they are favoured.

We may have a better keeper and better defenders, but arguably, the defensive quality of our midfield (when playing a midfield four) is worse than Brazil's.

Beckham jumps out of tackles, Gerrard & Lampard are both always looking and competing to get forward, whilst Cole is not exactly what you would describe as a combative player either. That compares to Emerson or Gilberto (who may not have had the best season but is still not exactly poor) as the spine alongside two wingers.

Upfront, should Rooney and Owen in some miracle both be match fit, our attack is better (I think Brazil will play Ronaldinho in midfield, not upfront). However, I feel Brazil have a little more strength in depth and without Rooney and Owen, we are weaker.

A one man team for sure, but that one man is an amazing player and with him you'll always have a chance.

Yes, I'm talking about Fred. Amazing.

He aint shit without barny Cobbo. I dunno why you even bother posting its quite blatent you dont know shit about the Flin.... I mean the football.

Well as usual Brazil are faviourates to lift the world cup come July 9th, it even seems they are favoured to such a extent, that a certain member of this board feels the need to suppourt them over England due to the fact they have a better chance of winning. <_< Don't get me started.

Not that im saying we're going to win it or indeed we are better then Braiz but if you look down the 23 man squad, there are holes. Big time, espically at the back ( not a unsual thing i know )

Goalkeepers:

Dida (AC Milan), ( Good keeper but it dont half have his dodgy moments )

Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), ( Im sure he's lost his place to Toldo)

Rogerio Ceni (Sao Paulo)

Defenders:

Cafu (AC Milan), ( Arguable still one of the best right backs in the world but could his age show? )

Cicinho (Real Madrid), ( Personally, I don't think he can defend to save his life )

Lucio (Bayern Munich),

Juan (Bayer Leverkusen), ( Him Gilberto and Luisao, not exactly world beaters! )

Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid), ( Old and someone would say his best is long past him )

Gilberto (Hertha Berlin),

Cris (Olympique Lyon),

Luisao (Benfica)

Cris and Luci0 are good defenders, but I would never swap Ferdiniand and Terry for them......

Midfielders: Edmilson (Barcelona), ( Not exactly the first name on the Barce team sheet is he )

Juninho Pernambucano (Olympique Lyon),( well he can take free kicks, and then.... theres always freekicks as well )

Emerson (Juventus),

Ze Roberto (Bayern Munich), ( well he's definately quick :whistle: )

Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), ( Not over impressed this season has he? )

Kaka (AC Milan),

Ricardinho (Corinthians) ( a player to watch, but is he ready for a tournament of this size against such quality? )

Forwards:

Ronaldo (Real Madrid),

Ronaldinho (Barcelona),

Adriano (Inter Milan), (Yeah ok)

Robinho (Real Madrid), ( Over rated )

Fred (Olympique Lyon). (Oh dear)

Players who would get into most if not all other world cup squads

Players who would get into most if not all other world cup squads

Not bad squad players I'll give you that. I was looking at their ability to field a world class XI, and pointing out that they are not as instoppable as some may think. Ze Roberto and Gilberto would not walk into every world cup squad though :ermm: .

I'm not comparing them to England either, its very presumptious to even consider playing Brazil seeing as we can't meet them till the final (I think).

Guest seanfox778

they are always good in attack and crap at the back even the third choice goalie

has scored 50 goals in his career

Not bad squad players I'll give you that. I was looking at their ability to field a world class XI, and pointing out that they are not as instoppable as some may think. Ze Roberto and Gilberto would not walk into every world cup squad though :ermm: .

I saw them in the qualifiers in Venezuela and they were in an obscenely different league - it was like watching the Harlem Globetrotters...only they didn't have a really big bloke picking up a tiny bloke to score 2 points.

Up to the game Ven had a great chance of qualifying - there play had developed to a sophisticated level and they were looking to make their first WC appearance.

Then Brasil came to teach them some football lessons, class 101 - winning with extreme style.

Granted, Germany isn't a hot and lovely like Venezuela...but they were good in a league of good that defies description. Wow! :blink:

I saw them in the qualifiers in Venezuela and they were in an obscenely different league - it was like watching the Harlem Globetrotters...only they didn't have a really big bloke picking up a tiny bloke to score 2 points.

Up to the game Ven had a great chance of qualifying - there play had developed to a sophisticated level and they were looking to make their first WC appearance.

Then Brasil came to teach them some football lessons, class 101 - winning with extreme style.

Granted, Germany isn't a hot and lovely like Venezuela...but they were good in a league of good that defies description. Wow! :blink:

Venezuela are hardly a good yard stick on which to meassure the Brazilans capabilties! However in there 18 qualfying games they conceaded 17 goals :o Lost to the mighty Ecuador amongst others :o didn't even with the South American qualfying group coming to second to the Argies :unsure: .

The Harlem Globe Trotters are full of tricks but stick them against a organised side of high quality and they will get spanked.

Manwell, what do you want to wager Brazil get further than England? ANY amount of money (c'mon, I'm skint, I need an easy bet ;)).

The Harlem Globe Trotters are full of tricks but stick them against a organised side of high quality and they will get spanked.

Which is what happened against Argentina...now there is a team to put some cash on. They were superb in qualifying, the style of play was simply amazing. Whether they can adapt to be the first LAtin success in Europe will be something I'm going to lob e/w money on.

Archived