Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

De Vries returns, Tiatto offered new terms

To be fair i think Tiatto is a useful player for us, i know he gets stick from fans now but he doesen't deserve that IMO, De Vries back, well unless he can score a few more and not be inconsistent this season then he will probably be sold or loaned out again.

Danny Tiatto is hopeless, there is no two ways about it. I am astonished he has been offered a new deal, what has he done to warrant such a reward during his time at the Club?

As for MdV, as I said I expect him to be away anyway, but there is something about his game that makes you think he can actually play. Whereas with Tiatto you just think WTF???

Touching, and your quite welcome :ermm:. Non essential would never be a word I would use, as I said it was yours.

We're keeping him because our squad is and will be small, he can play anywhere across the midfield bar the right hand side, and a left back. If we have a injury crisis he can slot in, Im telling you his wages will have been massively docked.

For the last bloddy time I dont want him here. The point i'm makeing is, he's here get over it. Look on the bright side etc.

I'll certainly do that. The brightest side of having Tiatto is betting with a friend how long a) before he's booked and b) before he's sent off/injured or substituted. It served to lift the floom on two or three occasions last season.

Danny Tiatto is hopeless, there is no two ways about it. I am astonished he has been offered a new deal, what has he done to warrant such a reward during his time at the Club?

Did you not go to a match in the 04/05 season?

Did you not go to a match in the 04/05 season?

Some reactions to this are pathetic, I tend to credit fellow fox fans with a little more knowledge about how the game works in a business sense what with all that we've been through as a club. We have no money, a small quad, Tiatto won't be the captain, therefore not a regular starter (therefore won't be so susceptible to injury) unless he earns it, he will provide experienced cover for the left, and let's be honest, you wouldn't call him crap, he's not great but can do a job if we need him to. He also knows the club won't cost us a penny and Rob kelly has been on about steadying the ship so I think it's a good move. All this crap about 'Rob Kelly's first big mistake' christ, crawl back behind your rock and go back to writing sensational headliens for the Sun. Get behind us.

I can't help thinking about this in Football Manager terms. When I get to the end of the season and a useless player is out of contract, I'm grateful for the opportunity to get rid of him without having to pay him or find a club to take him off my hands etc.

When you look at the effect that Tiatto had on the team's performance and results in the season just gone, how can an Academy kid (as backup for christ's sake, not even a first choice) be any worse?

I can't help thinking about this in Football Manager terms. When I get to the end of the season and a useless player is out of contract, I'm grateful for the opportunity to get rid of him without having to pay him or find a club to take him off my hands etc.

When you look at the effect that Tiatto had on the team's performance and results in the season just gone, how can an Academy kid (as backup for christ's sake, not even a first choice) be any worse?

What a good question. The prospect of back-up from someone like Levi Porter who makes goals, scores occasionally, passes well, doesn't get booked/sent off, has a great engine, clocks up plenty of games, seems good to have around and will discpline himself according to the team's needs.

And I suppose having an Asian girlfriend for two years was racist too, and becoming the first person to select a West Indian for our County's squash team was racist and the fact that at least a third of my golf partners are of ethnic all shades. And two of my sons are/will be married to foreigners. Any more wacko opinions on racism?.

I would have no problem with Tiatto, as an Australian or as a Martian, playing for Leicester if he was an outstanding player, genuinely deserving of his place, and if he fitted into the "young and hungry" profile we are supposed to be demanding...like Kisnorbo and Wesolowski, for instance who I have fully supported as team members, however that fits with your race theories.

But he doesn't. Tiatto's 32, did not start a single match which City won last season, did not play many matches at all because of injury, suspension or non-selection and didn't play well in general when he did get on.

Bully for you.

Thrach the well rounded individual with a multi cultural family, I'm so pleased for you.

If your comment "classic example of an ordinary foreigner needlessly stopping our own young players developing and progressing" does not verge on racist then I don't know what does.

I didn't say you were a racist, one line of your comment was verging on being so and I made my point accordingly.

If I said that an ordinary Pakistani born salesperson in my business was stopping one of our own young salesmen developing and progressing, I'd be criticised and rightly so. The fact that your comment was made against a much disliked aussie and it's football doesn't make that particular statement correct regardless of your life history.

Just because you are not a racist (which I have never accused you of being) doesn't mean that something that you say cannot verge on racism.

Bully for you.

Thrach the well rounded individual with a multi cultural family, I'm so pleased for you.

If your comment "classic example of an ordinary foreigner needlessly stopping our own young players developing and progressing" does not verge on racist then I don't know what does.

I didn't say you were a racist, one line of your comment was verging on being so and I made my point accordingly.

If I said that an ordinary Pakistani born salesperson in my business was stopping one of our own young salesmen developing and progressing, I'd be criticised and rightly so. The fact that your comment was made against a much disliked aussie and it's football doesn't make that particular statement correct regardless of your life history.

Just because you are not a racist (which I have never accused you of being) doesn't mean that something that you say cannot verge on racism.

If your comments on a Pakistani salesman were made out of concerns for our national interest and the interests of our resident multi-cultural citizens, some of whom have Pakistani backgrounds (rather than because you dislike Pakistanis per se) then you should be completely free to express your opinion and others completely free to disagree. I don't see where racism comes into it at all because, presumably the "Pakistani" could instead be Sri Lankan, Nepalese, French, Eskimo, whatever.

I reiterate, as you are so obviously, and rightly, both sensitive and passionate about racist issues - and presumably therefore, anti-sectarian ones as well - you might perhaps better spend your time condemning this Government's part in killing, maiming and destoying the homes of often innocent Iraqi and Afghan men, women and children on a daily basis in what seems to be an entirely illegal exercise.

Or do you disagree that such killing is racist/anti-sectarian and in fact agree with such actions?

I reiterate, as you are so obviously, and rightly, both sensitive and passionate about racist issues - and presumably therefore, anti-sectarian ones as well - you might perhaps better spend your time condemning this Government's part in killing, maiming and destoying the homes of often innocent Iraqi and Afghan men, women and children on a daily basis in what seems to be an entirely illegal exercise.

How do you know I don't?

You never know with MDV. He could prove to be a good move as a back up for Hume and Fryatt. I do say that only having seen him play a few times and not experienced some of the clear cut chances he missed. Tiatto plays with his heart and thats why he gets booked so often. I have always said hes a better player when playing regually but it takes a little time for him to get into his stride but once there he should prove to be a good pick.

It could be worse, you could be a Charlton supporter living in the fear that Peter Ta@#$r may become your manager and undo the 15 years of excellent management in less than 15 months. I do hope they dont have a cheque book to give to him if he is successful as that will be the end of that club if they do. Then again 5 Million pounds for MDV wouldent go amiss and I wouldent put it beyond Ta@#$r to put such a bid in to Leicester City for MDV.

I guess we can all live in hope.......even the Charlton supporters.

DONT DO IT!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Regardless of whether or not they appoint Taylor - Charlton are going down.

Archived