Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

De Vries returns, Tiatto offered new terms

I suppose they'll announce a rise and contract extentions for Sylla and Hamill tomorrow. And that Brevett's on his way back as cover for Nils. What with the Reserves situation I'm glad I wasn't one of those tempted to go for an early season ticket. I'll certainly find it hard not to go but I'm seriously considering wearing a black balaclava to pull over my eyes if the football's as bad as I'm beginning to expect.

I'll put up with that if we get results. I worry about us getting results if Tiatto stays. He equals a yellow a game almost and some very indifferent football. Anyone remember THAT pass versus Plymouth. :ph34r::huh::unsure::whistle:

I'm disappointed to see Tiatto offered a new deal. I hoped we'd seen the last of him. Midfield's where we need the new ideas. Tiatto gives us nothing new, or indeed good, there.

I can live with MDV coming back, but I'd be very disappointed to see him featuring ahead of O'Grady, unless he's undergone some kind of magical transformation in Holland this last few months.

If we keep DeVries he will just stop the progress that O'Grady is making.

As for Tiatto he wont get anywhere near a fully fit first team and will just be a squad man and improve our numbers in midfield, something we need. Away at Coventry he did a half decent job filling in and I think he will do a similar job next season and probably play no more than 10 matches.

I think MDV's return won't hinder O'Grady at all - I mean, MDV was the one who got shipped out as soon as Rob took over... he's clearly not central to his plans, or he would have kept him on. O'Grady however has been on the bench, usually in place of Hammond and he's been praised for the impact he's had when he's come on - indicating that he's likely to keep making his cameo appearances ahead of other strikers.

If MDV returns, one of the strikers will want to leave at some point - there'll be 5 strikers on the books, so one or two of them won't get many games at all. Hopefully that's enough to encourage them to go away.

Back to the Tiatto front - he isn't staying just yet, he's got to agree to the terms. All we can hope is Tiatto is a greedy git and won't accept the offer we've made ... suppose we won't find out for a week or so. Then we have to hope Rob isn't so keen to keep him that he makes an improved offer to try to make him stay :ermm:

still dont feel Kelly will be any good in the transfer market. :(

Well I don't think we'll have much to judge him on really. His record so far consists of Brevett (who played about 5 minutes) and Welsh (who was quite useful) both on loan.

Unless we sell a player or two, I wouldn't be suprised if he only signed one player in the summer, either.

Actually as far as the transfer market goes - I think he might do alright. He's got somebody on the coaching staff specifically to scout for players - so if this scout is any good, Kelly doesn't actually need to do a whole lot.

Besides, Kelly played a part in the signing of a few players last season (some of the decent players, in fact).

If you want to support what he's done fine. I shall believe in who and what I like and what I believe is that there is no connection between Tiatto and the sort of football I'd like to see played at Leicester.

I agree with others that he'll likely be no more than a squad player but he'll occupy someone's place and be the classic example of an ordinary foreigner needlessly stopping our own young players developing and progressing.

I don't like the decision but i will support it because that's what i believe is the right thing to do.

All im trying to say is, it's no point with people moaning about the decision, because what's been done has been done, and it's not going to change. Rob Kelly is the manager of our team, he got us out of the mess we were in, we must believe in him, a few people moaning isn't going to change his mind.

Well I don't think we'll have much to judge him on really. His record so far consists of Brevett (who played about 5 minutes) and Welsh (who was quite useful) both on loan.

Unless we sell a player or two, I wouldn't be suprised if he only signed one player in the summer, either.

Actually as far as the transfer market goes - I think he might do alright. He's got somebody on the coaching staff specifically to scout for players - so if this scout is any good, Kelly doesn't actually need to do a whole lot.

Besides, Kelly played a part in the signing of a few players last season (some of the decent players, in fact).

Plus, wasn't he a scout at Blackburn?

Actually just looked it up here and if my calculations are correct, he's scored 3 goals in 297 minutes (a little more than 3 full matches) and I saw him make at least one assist in the final game of the season. That's a decent return, don't you think?

There's a common denominator in all three games he scored in, or did you miss it?

i don't think they are that bad in terms of squad players, and i can't believe people are actually suprised by this news.

despite all the many many floors in the game of de vries, i still think he will be useful to come on and perhaps change things around up front. it's an extra option, we don't have many up front.

in terms of tiatto, i think that again it is to do with squad depth. tiatto won't be playing in the side every week, he's just a fill in player at left back/left mid/centre mid. most of his time will be on the bench. plus he will have been offered reduced terms for sure.

i don't think they are that bad in terms of squad players, and i can't believe people are actually suprised by this news.

despite all the many many floors in the game of de vries, i still think he will be useful to come on and perhaps change things around up front. it's an extra option, we don't have many up front.

in terms of tiatto, i think that again it is to do with squad depth. tiatto won't be playing in the side every week, he's just a fill in player at left back/left mid/centre mid. most of his time will be on the bench. plus he will have been offered reduced terms for sure.

It's Flaws isn't it? :ph34r:

Tiatto and De Vries are by no means the best players ever to have worn the shirt, nor are they the worst.

What options do we have on the left side of midfield? Welsh comes in and out of games and Hamill is not up to it. Tiatto will provide valuable cover as a natural left sided player.

As Shen says, De Vries did a job for us for a while and did score goals. Whether he fits into how we now want to play is of course doubtful but look how Kisnorbo developed after CL's departure.

Personally I would not make either of them my first selection but to be condemned as they have been is a bit OTT.

As for the comment by Thracian about Johnny Foreigner taking the place of the Brits, that verges on racist.

And I suppose having an Asian girlfriend for two years was racist too, and becoming the first person to select a West Indian for our County's squash team was racist and the fact that at least a third of my golf partners are of ethnic all shades. And two of my sons are/will be married to foreigners. Any more wacko opinions on racism?.

I would have no problem with Tiatto, as an Australian or as a Martian, playing for Leicester if he was an outstanding player, genuinely deserving of his place, and if he fitted into the "young and hungry" profile we are supposed to be demanding...like Kisnorbo and Wesolowski, for instance who I have fully supported as team members, however that fits with your race theories.

But he doesn't. Tiatto's 32, did not start a single match which City won last season, did not play many matches at all because of injury, suspension or non-selection and didn't play well in general when he did get on.

And I suppose having an Asian girlfriend for two years was racist too, and becoming the first person to select a West Indian for our County's squash team was racist and the fact that at least a third of my golf partners are of ethnic all shades. And two of my sons are/will be married to foreigners. Any more wacko opinions on racism?.

I think he was originally aiming for Xenophobic, but still ...

It's Flaws isn't it? :ph34r:

you're a picky bastard isn't it? i can't believe you go through posts (that have been typed quickly) correcting little mistakes in grammer. dear oh dear.

why are people having a go at kelly in terms of transfers anyway. he's working with the smallest shoe string in history.

if you can find any better players that are available for no money and don't demand a high wage i'd like to see it! come on, give us some names!

you're a picky bastard isn't it? i can't believe you go through posts (that have been typed quickly) correcting little mistakes in grammer. dear oh dear.

why are people having a go at kelly in terms of transfers anyway. he's working with the smallest shoe string in history.

if you can find any better players that are available for no money and don't demand a high wage i'd like to see it! come on, give us some names!

There seems to be a lot of people on this board that just seem to spend their time looking for errors :( ...and is it not grammar? :P ...Seriously, i do agree

I would have no problem with Tiatto, as an Australian or as a Martian, playing for Leicester if he was an outstanding player, genuinely deserving of his place, and if he fitted into the "young and hungry" profile we are supposed to be demanding...like Kisnorbo and Wesolowski, for instance who I have fully supported as team members, however that fits with your race theories.

But he doesn't. Tiatto's 32, did not start a single match which City won last season, did not play many matches at all because of injury, suspension or non-selection and didn't play well in general when he did get on.

It's quite simple really, you bealive a foriegn person trying to make a honest living playing for leicester ( or should I say a foriegn person who has been asked to play for Leicester ) deserve's to be dropped from the bench to help the devlopment of our youth players. Due to the fact they are English/ From Leicester.

The only possible arguement you can come up with to suppourt your points is that these youth team players are alot better in a championship match situation then Danny Tiatto. Something you cant do. As you have no evidence of this.

At the end of the day the fact that he is foriegn should have noting to do with it. Our paid staff think he can do a job as a squad player, and do you know what so do I. I don't think it's in Levi Porters interest our ours to have him play 15 first team games in his first season.

I can see how that is percieved as VERGING Racism.

You know what, I'm not finshed but I'm tired and this is just stupid !?

Shen..... your points back me up. Marcus Stewart scored 30 goals in one season he's shit, Mateja Kezman scored 100 goals in three seasons and he can't do it england. What on earth makes you think De Vries can come back to England and set the world on fire, based on him scoring 3 goals in 13 apperances.

You never know with MDV. He could prove to be a good move as a back up for Hume and Fryatt. I do say that only having seen him play a few times and not experienced some of the clear cut chances he missed. Tiatto plays with his heart and thats why he gets booked so often. I have always said hes a better player when playing regually but it takes a little time for him to get into his stride but once there he should prove to be a good pick.

It could be worse, you could be a Charlton supporter living in the fear that Peter Ta@#$r may become your manager and undo the 15 years of excellent management in less than 15 months. I do hope they dont have a cheque book to give to him if he is successful as that will be the end of that club if they do. Then again 5 Million pounds for MDV wouldent go amiss and I wouldent put it beyond Ta@#$r to put such a bid in to Leicester City for MDV.

I guess we can all live in hope.......even the Charlton supporters.

DONT DO IT!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Not true. He has a transfer budget similar to alot of clubs in this league and he has alot of assets at his disposal to raise cash if he needs to. He might have less than Levein had but he's still got alot more options than some clubs in our league and lower. That's why he has to make some brave decisions, every penny he spends is crucial and if Tiatto is worth the money we have then Kelly must be pretty sure of himself because if the shit hits the fan next season and Tiatto has another poor season then he'll have made a massive mistake and I hope he knows what to do in that situation.

We need a new left winger whether Tiatto stays or not, I would rather go for a quality one and not have Tiatto than keep Tiatto and then bring a mediocre one in as competition for places.

Anyway let's not worry about it yet, it's still only May. We have 2 months to go until pre-season and that's when things will shape up. We have the basis of a good team, but it does need strengthening.

It's quite simple really, you bealive a foriegn person trying to make a honest living playing for leicester ( or should I say a foriegn person who has been asked to play for Leicester ) deserve's to be dropped from the bench to help the devlopment of our youth players. Due to the fact they are English/ From Leicester.

The only possible arguement you can come up with to suppourt your points is that these youth team players are alot better in a championship match situation then Danny Tiatto. Something you cant do. As you have no evidence of this.

At the end of the day the fact that he is foriegn should have noting to do with it. Our paid staff think he can do a job as a squad player, and do you know what so do I. I don't think it's in Levi Porters interest our ours to have him play 15 first team games in his first season.

I can see how that is percieved as VERGING Racism.

You know what, I'm not finshed but I'm tired and this is just stupid !?

Shen..... your points back me up. Marcus Stewart scored 30 goals in one season he's shit, Mateja Kezman scored 100 goals in three seasons and he can't do it england. What on earth makes you think De Vries can come back to England and set the world on fire, based on him scoring 3 goals in 13 apperances.

I can easily defend my views in relation to Tiatto in Championship matches. Tiatto was involved in fewer than 20 games last season and didn't shine in any that I saw (which was most). He doesn't even get to first base in my eyes. How do you make a case for him?

As for your apparent disregard for the future of English football we will eternally disagree (as usual). But if English youngsters (of all ethnic backgrounds and from anywhere in the country) are not going to have the chance to break through to first team level then it is a waste of time developing them and we are taking no responsibility for the welfare of our national game (something that has already weakened Scotland's national side).

Furthermore if you apply the principle that we should ignore our national interest and encourage the principle of filling our teams with ordinary foreign imports then what is to stop the same principle being applied, for instance, to our schools or any other aspect of our life.

And if all the home-based schools places are all taken up by non essential foreign students (or home based jobs taken by non essential foreigners) are you suggesting our own youngsters go abroad for their education and our displaced residents go abroad to work (as is already happening of course). How ridiculous and economically wasteful.

And if you do this what about those who are too old or too unhealthy to qualify?

I can well imagine how happy our Asian community would be if their teenaged daughters were being sent off to, France, Italy or the West Indies for their education because there were no available places here, in their own country.

How you equate national responsibility with racism I don't know but it is a charactistic of a communist society that in order to manipulate the minds and actions of people they wish to control they first gain control of the media (in our case the BBC) and then stiffle debate with ridiculous and rabid cries of racism etc.

And there you have good old England 2006. A nation being roasted alive on misplaced idealism.

Most nations, of course, do or do try to look after their national interests. This Government would sell our souls (to Europe or America or anyone else) without a second thought and a fast-decreasing number of people seem to encourage them.

If you are so concerned with racism why not do your bit to get the Governement to stop slaughtering innocent people here, there and everywhere across the Middle East in what, to my mind, is an entirely illegal war?.

Or is it easier to make up nonsensical racist accusations rather than tackling racist/anti-sectarian reality. Or do you perhaps have some sort of excuse for our Government's blatant and irreversible racism?. How many lives have been lost and how many homes destroyed in the Middle East?.

That is racism/anti sectarianism.

You and I know that the debate about Danny Tiatto has sod all to do with him being Australian.

Although it is a miniscule element, it is to do with the well being of our National game. If Tiatto signs and proves outstanding then I'll be happy to acknowledge his case for being in the team. But, based on last season I have seen no evidence for that happening and as Tiatto goes a year further on from his present 32 I cannot imagine why the position is likely to change.

For a start off I wasn't the one who started this I simple pointed out why what you said could be possible percieved as rasicem.

I would also like to point out if it were up to you, and your Tory right wing attitudes. This Asian family you seem quite happy to bring up in your defense would never of been able to come here and call this " there home country" because ( using you own words ) they were once "non essential" foriengers.

Any I'm not talking poltics with you, it's a battle I know I will without question lose eventully :D

I will say again, Tiatto will have his uses in times of crisis. I wouldnt want Levi Porter playing 15 games next season. I think we should of released him, however I knew because of the situation we are in, we wouldn't something I have learned to accept, on the plus side he's an extra body, could up his game, provides competition for the younger players, who as I keep saying will get in the team if and when the proffesional coaches and managers think the time is right, not when you do.

I should imagine his wages have been heavily slashed, to co-inside with the norm wage paid to a championship back up player. It's not the be all and end all that Tiatto is staying, as Ric says we have months till the start of the season, a transfere window and a full pre season program to play, by which time Tiatto could find himself way down the pecking order.

If Tiatto's going to finish up "way down the pecking order" I rest my case. Why bother? We have to pay him all season not just the times he comes in for emergencies.

As for politics I agree because the way you discharge false perceptions like confetti at a wedding means there is absoluely no point in going down that road.

The Asian girlfriend I had for two years was a nurse - pretty essential I would say - and also essential to the people where she came from in Africa had she and her friends been properly appreciated by torturers and abusers like Id Amin and his henchmen.

She was a stunningly beautiful girl and had a glorious smile which I can see again now as I imagine her reaction to your description in paragraph two. We could have laughed about it for hours but I'll sincerely thank you for inspiring the memory.

If Tiatto's going to finish up "way down the pecking order" I rest my case. Why bother? We have to pay him all season not just the times he comes in for emergencies.

As for politics I agree because the way you discharge false perceptions like confetti at a wedding means there is absoluely no point in going down that road.

The Asian girlfriend I had for two years was a nurse - pretty essential I would say - and also essential to the people where she came from in Africa had she and her friends been properly appreciated by torturers and abusers like Id Amin and his henchmen.

She was a stunningly beautiful girl and had a glorious smile which I can see again now as I imagine her reaction to your description in paragraph two. We could have laughed about it for hours but I'll sincerely thank you for inspiring the memory.

Touching, and your quite welcome :ermm:. Non essential would never be a word I would use, as I said it was yours.

We're keeping him because our squad is and will be small, he can play anywhere across the midfield bar the right hand side, and a left back. If we have a injury crisis he can slot in, Im telling you his wages will have been massively docked.

For the last bloddy time I dont want him here. The point i'm makeing is, he's here get over it. Look on the bright side etc.

I would hope that any deal he is offered reflects this, and if it's not good enough we'll soon find out.

Archived