Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

De Vries returns, Tiatto offered new terms

It is his first real decision as manager, previously he was caretaker with no certainty he was getting the gig. Now we know he is the man (on that 12 month rolling contract of faith from the BoD) and he has delivered a new contract offer to Tiatto!!!

I have said it before and I'll say it again our style of football is poor and but for the inventivness of Hume and the predatory instincts of Fryatt we'd be a damn sight worse. By wishing to retain Tiatto regardless of our finacial perils is mind-boggling.

I agree about our style of football, it's not been pretty. But the team are capable of playing decent football and i'd hope that Kelly can find a solution of playing an attractive style aswell as being able to grind out results. The football we used to play when de Vries played was alot worse though and it meant we couldn't even grind out results because we were always on the back foot.

I don't see why everyones up in arms and so suprised at this it was blatently obvious Tiatto was going to be staying. It was even more glareingly obvious De Vries would be sent back.. :blink:.

Tiatto will play little more then a squad role, he's just an experinced body in midfield which without him, we would lack, ill be suprised if makes more then 15 apperances.

Chill Ze Feck out.

I actually don't mind de Vries coming back because it's quite blatant that he's not in Kelly's plans and he'll be shipped out on loan again, but Tiatto clearly is and that's frightening.

I hope Tiatto recaptures his form from the first 10-15 games he had for us when he resembled a footballer of some sort, if he doesn't then it's another nail in the coffin for next season.

Let's hope the offer is so derisory that Tiatto will turn it down and even if he takes it at least we won't be paying him much!

We've hardly any money to spend and Rob Kelly thinks the best way to use up our pennies is to spend them Danny Tiatto's wages. WE NEED A NEW MIDFIELD ROB. (That's without Tiatto included in it). What scares me, is I think Kelly sees Tiatto as Joey's replacement.

We do need a couple of experienced players, but we need those who can perform to the required standard in this league. He doesn't, what a waste.

De Vries actually looks to have done OK in Heerenveen, and we're short on options up front. He could prove a useful alternative and a decent backup. Maybe clubs will be interested in him during the summer as well...

Tiatto, well, maybe Kelly is envisaging using him in a Gattuso style role in central midfield...or maybe he just lost his head for a minute...

De Vries actually looks to have done OK in Heerenveen, and we're short on options up front. He could prove a useful alternative and a decent backup. Maybe clubs will be interested in him during the summer as well...

He shouldn't be considered for a first team place here ever again. I'd rather play two 16 year olds from the youth team than that big oaf if things get desperate.

Get over it, what's done is done, you may not like the decision/s that have been made, but we have to get behind Rob, and believe in him.

If you want to support what he's done fine. I shall believe in who and what I like and what I believe is that there is no connection between Tiatto and the sort of football I'd like to see played at Leicester.

I agree with others that he'll likely be no more than a squad player but he'll occupy someone's place and be the classic example of an ordinary foreigner needlessly stopping our own young players developing and progressing.

Tiatto, well, maybe Kelly is envisaging using him in a Gattuso style role in central midfield...or maybe he just lost his head for a minute...

Nail on the head, a bag of sheet waste of space midfield role. :D not a fan of Gatusso. ( or Tiatto )

De Vries :whistle: If you consider rarely playing doing well then I suppouse he has.

He shouldn't be considered for a first team place here ever again. I'd rather play two 16 year olds from the youth team than that big oaf if things get desperate.

Come on now, who's saying we will automatically pump balls up to him constantly in the case that he plays? And there's still the fact that he scored 9 goals for us, more than Fryatt in just about the same space of time. The man was playing in the first team at Heerenveen and scored a few goals and made a couple of assists in half a dozen games. Shouldn't the lad get at least a little respite? According to the early season reports, he was one of the harder working players in training too... I wouldn't dismiss him so quickly.

Nail on the head, a bag of sheet waste of space midfield role. :D not a fan of Gatusso. ( or Tiatto )

De Vries :whistle: If you consider rarely playing doing well then I suppouse he has.

Actually just looked it up here and if my calculations are correct, he's scored 3 goals in 297 minutes (a little more than 3 full matches) and I saw him make at least one assist in the final game of the season. That's a decent return, don't you think?

Actually just looked it up here and if my calculations are correct, he's scored 3 goals in 297 minutes (a little more than 3 full matches) and I saw him make at least one assist in the final game of the season. That's a decent return, don't you think?

:rolleyes:

Absolutely no guarantee he'll continue in such form for us.

If you're looking to do numbers like that, you can look at a few periods where MDV failed to score for several games running - when he first arrived for example, or during the last few weeks of Levein's reign. Doesn't look so rosy then.

I suppose they'll announce a rise and contract extentions for Sylla and Hamill tomorrow. And that Brevett's on his way back as cover for Nils. What with the Reserves situation I'm glad I wasn't one of those tempted to go for an early season ticket. I'll certainly find it hard not to go but I'm seriously considering wearing a black balaclava to pull over my eyes if the football's as bad as I'm beginning to expect.

Tiatto and De Vries are by no means the best players ever to have worn the shirt, nor are they the worst.

What options do we have on the left side of midfield? Welsh comes in and out of games and Hamill is not up to it. Tiatto will provide valuable cover as a natural left sided player.

As Shen says, De Vries did a job for us for a while and did score goals. Whether he fits into how we now want to play is of course doubtful but look how Kisnorbo developed after CL's departure.

Personally I would not make either of them my first selection but to be condemned as they have been is a bit OTT.

As for the comment by Thracian about Johnny Foreigner taking the place of the Brits, that verges on racist.

Absolutely no guarantee he'll continue in such form for us.

If you're looking to do numbers like that, you can look at a few periods where MDV failed to score for several games running - when he first arrived for example, or during the last few weeks of Levein's reign. Doesn't look so rosy then.

No, but certainly he's proven that he's capable of getting in such form. Why is everyone so quick to dismiss him? Am I the only one who thinks that he can be a useful backup player? Christ, O'Grady won't be a much more distinctive threat will he?

If we keep DeVries he will just stop the progress that O'Grady is making.

As for Tiatto he wont get anywhere near a fully fit first team and will just be a squad man and improve our numbers in midfield, something we need. Away at Coventry he did a half decent job filling in and I think he will do a similar job next season and probably play no more than 10 matches.

He wins headers in Holland, he wins nothing here. looking at it another way he's scored three times in 8 apperances. not such a great return.

Just to make it clear, he made 7 apps (a total of 297 minutes, only playing 1 full game in the final game of the season against Joey's next employers AZ) in the Eredivisie scoring 3 goals, and also made 2 apps in the UEFA Cup. And he also played in all 4 of Heerenveens UEFA Cup playoff games, only getting subbed in the second game 4 minutes from time. So, a grand total of 13 appearances and 3 goals! (Couldn't be bothered to read through how many assists he made)

I think the deciding difference between here and there, is not the physical side of it, but maybe the more strict refereeing over there. I read the report from Heerenveens match against AZ, and it seems they played him as a target man and pumped balls up to him, and he won a fair few free kicks, which he didn't get here.

And 3 goals in 7 league apps is an ok return. We haven't had better consistent scorers than that apart from Connolly at the start of the season.

Edit: I keep finding out he made more apps!

Also this is the same division that Metja Kezman scored 40 goals in ;)

So? I remember Marcus Stewart scoring 30 goals during Ipswich's super season in the Prem. What's your point?

Archived