Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

De Vries returns, Tiatto offered new terms

Shocking decision on the tiatto front. Hes bloody useless. Another season of the thick aussie, glad im not renewing my season ticket! I was expecting the de vries news though!

De Vries doesn’t worry me so much… but Tiatto is bloody useless, I know that Kelly wants some older players, but for goodness sake! Whats the bloody point… at least he wont be skipper next season, they’ve also been strong noises that Tiatto doesn’t want to stay and with any luck he wont accept a new contract.

I actually don't mind de Vries coming back because it's quite blatant that he's not in Kelly's plans and he'll be shipped out on loan again, but Tiatto clearly is and that's frightening.

I hope Tiatto recaptures his form from the first 10-15 games he had for us when he resembled a footballer of some sort, if he doesn't then it's another nail in the coffin for next season.

what a shockin decision offering tiatto new terms, does that mean a new contract or are terms something we dont know about as of yet??

and de vries well there isnt much we can do about that, whatever the name is of the place that didnt want him actually saw some sense unlike Levein!! hopefully kellys knows de vries aint good enough and ships him off somewhere else on loan!

I actually don't mind de Vries coming back because it's quite blatant that he's not in Kelly's plans and he'll be shipped out on loan again, but Tiatto clearly is and that's frightening.

I hope Tiatto recaptures his form from the first 10-15 games he had for us when he resembled a footballer of some sort, if he doesn't then it's another nail in the coffin for next season.

Not sure we play the same kind of football anymore that made Tiatto 'flourish' at the start of 04/05.

I've never been a big fan of Tiatto, however, given the solid performance he put in during the last two games I saw him play (Leeds at home and Cov away, I think) I can understand why RK might want to keep him around. If he can put in similar performances on a regular basis then he'll prove valuable.

Let's not forget that he's only been offered terms, which are bound to be much reduced from his previous salary, there's no guarantee he'll stick around.

MDV on the other hand, I hope get's shipped out on loan as soon as.

Let's not forget that he's only been offered terms, which are bound to be much reduced from his previous salary, there's no guarantee he'll stick around.
Exactly. I'm not panicking until he's actually signed.

Whether he signs or not, it certainly demonstrates the reality of our situation this season, and should tame a few people's expectations.

The only reality it demonstrates is Kelly's judgement. :(

How's that play-off run looking?

de Vries is off to Holland in the summer anyway so don't get your knickers in a twist about him.

As for Tiatto, that has to be a joke, he is a dreadful player, no technique, no positional sense and certainly no discipline to the rules or the team. Kelly really has dropped a clanger here and it's his first real decision as manager.

First impressions and all that :ermm:

The only reality it demonstrates is Kelly's judgement. :(

There's always a risk when signing a new player that he won't settle, won't gel etc. It looks to me like we can't afford to take too many risks. I'm with Louise on this one.

Kelly really has dropped a clanger here and it's his first real decision as manager.

First real decision??? So picking players, formations, tactics, substitutions, team talks, training exercises etc aren't decisions he had to make???

Get over it, what's done is done, you may not like the decision/s that have been made, but we have to get behind Rob, and believe in him.

How's that play-off run looking?

de Vries is off to Holland in the summer anyway so don't get your knickers in a twist about him.

As for Tiatto, that has to be a joke, he is a dreadful player, no technique, no positional sense and certainly no discipline to the rules or the team. Kelly really has dropped a clanger here and it's his first real decision as manager.

I wouldn't say it's his first decision he's made, but I would say it's his first big mistake he's made and the first time he will have pissed the majority of the fans off. His first decision was shipping de Vries out on loan last season which meant the team would play a completely different style of football using Hume and Fryatt as the strikers and that effectively kept us up, which although isn't a great achievement it was a necessity that looked beyond us before Levein was bounced out.

My opinion on Kelly is very much the same as my view on the forthcoming season, too early to predict for me. I'm not massively optimistic that there will be drastic success though, but i'm confident he'll improve our league position next season. Wow.

I wouldn't say it's his first decision he's made, but I would say it's his first big mistake he's made and the first time he will have pissed the majority of the fans off. His first decision was shipping de Vries out on loan last season which meant the team would play a completely different style of football using Hume and Fryatt as the strikers and that effectively kept us up, which although isn't a great achievement it was a necessity that looked beyond us before Levein was bounced out.

My opinion on Kelly is very much the same as my view on the forthcoming season, too early to predict for me. I'm not massively optimistic that there will be drastic success though, but i'm confident he'll improve our league position next season. Wow.

It is his first real decision as manager, previously he was caretaker with no certainty he was getting the gig. Now we know he is the man (on that 12 month rolling contract of faith from the BoD) and he has delivered a new contract offer to Tiatto!!!

I have said it before and I'll say it again our style of football is poor and but for the inventivness of Hume and the predatory instincts of Fryatt we'd be a damn sight worse. By wishing to retain Tiatto regardless of our finacial perils is mind-boggling.

I'm baffled by the offer to Tiatto. All I can assume is that Kelly is "doing a Brevett" - bringing a player in who can 'gee up' everyone at the training ground (they might well be c**p as a player - as in Tiatto's case) !

Archived