Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

We have fans from all over the world

We have a multi cultural City, We have a multi cultural team and also multicultural fans.

This is a picture taken from the BBC World Cup pictures Website.

This bar may look a familiar sight - not so much perhaps when we hear it's Bill's local in Brisbane, Australia

_41752434_bar416.jpg

We have fans In Australiaaaaaa :D

We are not talking about the Rugby over here at the moment....... :rolleyes:

And the debate of which game is the greatest in the world continues with the Aussies. They think their Aussie Rules is the best sport in the world and we say Football is. Trouble is they call Aussie Rules "football" and Football "Soccer". :ermm:

We are continually educating them about the world status of the sport and the skill levels involved within it. Oh well at least in Football you dont get a point for missing the target like they do in Aussie Rules. :rolleyes:

Must admit, It is a good game though. Not sure if the it would make an international sport though. :thumbup:

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

We are not talking about the Rugby over here at the moment....... :rolleyes:

And the debate of which game is the greatest in the world continues with the Aussies. They think their Aussie Rules is the best sport in the world and we say Football is. Trouble is they call Aussie Rules "football" and Football "Soccer". :ermm:

We are continually educating them about the world status of the sport and the skill levels involved within it. Oh well at least in Football you dont get a point for missing the target like they do in Aussie Rules. :rolleyes:

Must admit, It is a good game though. Not sure if the it would make an international sport though. :thumbup:

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Yeah, I found the AFL reasonably entertaining when I was in Perth. Who do you go for? (as they say dwon there..) Saw West Coast a couple of times. My Mother in Law lives about 500 yards from Subi Oval.

You don't have to be in Oz to get that debate, the barman in my Local wasn;t impressed - he turned the TV over about 10 seconds after the Germany Cost Rica game to watch the second half of Collingwood Vs Brisbane Lions. Shocking behaviour... :P

Yeah, I found the AFL reasonably entertaining when I was in Perth. Who do you go for? (as they say dwon there..) Saw West Coast a couple of times. My Mother in Law lives about 500 yards from Subi Oval.

You don't have to be in Oz to get that debate, the barman in my Local wasn;t impressed - he turned the TV over about 10 seconds after the Germany Cost Rica game to watch the second half of Collingwood Vs Brisbane Lions. Shocking behaviour... :P

Not really. Collingwood have been playing well this year. I thought they were playing Melbourne this weekend. ;):thumbup:

there are many city supporters in australia, they may be hard to find but ive seen loads of people with city shirts on at the a-league matches (our national comp)

Im also from aussie (Geelong) but im living in london at the moment, did live in leicester for a little while a few months ago mind u

there are many city supporters in australia, they may be hard to find but ive seen loads of people with city shirts on at the a-league matches (our national comp)

Im also from aussie (Geelong) but im living in london at the moment, did live in leicester for a little while a few months ago mind u

Are you Liam Tench?

I'm based in Auckland NZ and when I started work in a building of 50 I found I'm down the corridor from a fellow foxes fan and a sheep sh@gger

Did you shoot the sheep sh@gger?

Jon the Hat - I am a long standing Dockers suffering member and supporter. Why? I just dont know.....

Eagles look very good as do Aderlaide. Collingwood will get the annual wobbles again I fear and Sydney are beginning to hit their stride. Eagles for me though but dont tell the other half of Perth as I will be shot like a sheep sh@gger!

More importantly,

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES. :thumbup:

MadMick

I'm an Aussie supporter, living in Richmond :)

Melbourne was the centre for Aussie rules for years, before it went national. I think it has the potential to be an international sport - we already have that annual Australia v. Ireland friendly.

It's great to see that both rugby and soccer are taking off over here as well - you see fans of all sorts of clubs come out of the woodwork during the season - I met a Sheffield Utd supporter last night at the Aus v. Jap game aired at Fed Square :P

CARN THE MIGHTY BOMBERS :D

Too bad the mighty Dons are having a shite year - they've won equal most premierships over the years but the team is a bunch of kids atm (think Foxes under Levein :|)

And Collingwood is the team everyone hates. No teeth, tattooed, disgraceful supporters. That's where all the convicts ended up :D

VANCOUVER BRITISH COLUMBIA CANADA

RIGHT HERE ! :D

Go the White Caps! Saw then play San Jose a couple of years back.. White Caps went 3 nil up at half time, and I as a neutral made some joke about the best 2nd half being San Jose pulling back to 3-3 then losing in the last minute... Unfortunately San Jose came back to 3-3 and Won in the last minute.. I was very popular!! Not. :blush:

We have a multi cultural City, We have a multi cultural team and also multicultural fans.

Could have got the latest shirt though!!

Where abouts in Brisbane? Have to visit this pub while I'm over there :D

Archived