Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Nick Ward

The lad we had on trial from Perth Glory has agreed to join QPR. This is a shame, I wonder whether we tried to sign him? He was granted a release from his club somehow and according to reports back in Australia he's the best attacking midfielder of his generation. I think we could have missed out here, I had been told that Kelly was desperate to get out to Oz this summer to check him out again as he was ill for most of his trial with us.

Let's hope Johnson doesn't let us down. Ward at 21 would have been a better prospect for probably less money.

The lad we had on trial from Perth Glory has agreed to join QPR. This is a shame, I wonder whether we tried to sign him? He was granted a release from his club somehow and according to reports back in Australia he's the best attacking midfielder of his generation. I think we could have missed out here, I had been told that Kelly was desperate to get out to Oz this summer to check him out again as he was ill for most of his trial with us.

Let's hope Johnson doesn't let us down. Ward at 21 would have been a better prospect for probably less money.

1) When was this trial? I've never heard of this guy! :o

2) I'm sure he won't, a very good professional who will steady our midfield, a crucial influence in the dressing room as well. His experience could be vital in tight away games like our first against Luton.

Was on the same FIFA list as Fryatt as one's to watch for the future.

There are a lot of reasons why clubs decide not to sign players after a trial and many of them have nothing whatsoever to do with ability.

The thing is though, Kelly was desperate to get out to Australia or atleast send his scouts out there after our season had finished to take a look at him again because when he was here with us he spent most of the week ill. I was told this from the same guy who said Kelly wanted to sign Alan Quinn aswell and that hasn't happened so perhaps it's bollocks, but there was an article from an Australian site a few months ago where Ward said there was still a good chance he'd come to Leicester.

If true and he's as good as has been suggested then we've been stupidly negligent.

Was it impossible to get to Australia or to get some realistic video evidence?. No wonder we are hard up as a club if we let 21-year-olds like that go while we find plenty of time to court Tiatto.

Of course he might have been useless - or Danny tiatto might have said he was useless :):):) !.

Hi I'm an Aussie, and I have to say he's massively overrated.

All his goals last season were either tap-ins or grubber's along the ground.

There are other youngsters in Australia and Aussies Abroad far more talented than him, and they're all midfielders.

As stated above, the FIFA site thing is just based on hearsay and hype and really that stuff is balls.

There are other youngsters in Australia and Aussies Abroad far more talented than him, and they're all midfielders.

As stated above, the FIFA site thing is just based on hearsay and hype and really that stuff is balls.

Sounds like our Gary :P

Any names so we can look out for these players?

Maybe even pass a few names onto RK?

Remember the left side players would be better received.

Any names so we can look out for these players?

Maybe even pass a few names onto RK?

Remember the left side players would be better received.

Ruben Zadkovich, Kristian Sarkies, David Williams, Kaz Patafta, Mark Milligan, watch the next Olympics :thumbup: I'm sure Weso and Ward will also be there. He's one of our better young players but in no way a standout.

Ruben Zadkovich, Kristian Sarkies, David Williams, Kaz Patafta, Mark Milligan, watch the next Olympics :thumbup: I'm sure Weso and Ward will also be there. He's one of our better young players but in no way a standout.

Quality youngster, him and Weso were the youngest players to represent Australia Under 20's last year. Him being 16 and Weso being 17.

I have heard very good things about Williams, I believe he and Wesolowski are perfect foils for each other. Williams being attack minded and Weso being a defensive workhorse.

How does Weso compare to that lot in your opinion?

Difficult to compare when they play different positions, cept Weso and Kaz (at Benfica Youth) who both play Centre Mid and that's a blessing because Australia has a severe lack of depth in that position right now.

Sarkies is the clear standout, played a full season in Australia last year, debuted for the senior NT and just looks a brilliant player.

Difficult to compare when they play different positions, cept Weso and Kaz (at Benfica Youth) who both play Centre Mid and that's a blessing because Australia has a severe lack of depth in that position right now.

Sarkies is the clear standout, played a full season in Australia last year, debuted for the senior NT and just looks a brilliant player.

i was a season ticket holder at melbourne victory, and although sarkies is a massive talent he is far from a finished product and by what ive been told lets it all go to his head. what he needs is a bit of disaplince and a bit more time on the track and he could be a great player.

spose to be victorys free kick expert but never came close all season

Quality youngster, him and Weso were the youngest players to represent Australia Under 20's last year. Him being 16 and Weso being 17.

I have heard very good things about Williams, I believe he and Wesolowski are perfect foils for each other. Williams being attack minded and Weso being a defensive workhorse.

Indeed. He just joined Brondby Copenhagen and I've seen a little of him already. Looks the part, I must say.

i was a season ticket holder at melbourne victory, and although sarkies is a massive talent he is far from a finished product and by what ive been told lets it all go to his head. what he needs is a bit of disaplince and a bit more time on the track and he could be a great player.

spose to be victorys free kick expert but never came close all season

http://a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=play...&seasonid=2

Stats don't lie.

Not bad for a kid.

Archived