Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

New Goalie Shirt

A lot has been said about the new kit, but the goalie's shirt seems to have passed with very little comment.

I have real cocerns about it, not only does it seem wholly unappealing but will our players be able to see where the goalie is and will refs be able to spot him being impeded/fouled?

41303_1.jpg

Rab will look like the Incredible Hulk :ph34r:

:laugh: :smile::thumbup:

I thought last years looked quite good - I was considering getting one later in the season, but the price never went down so I didn't bother (yes, I'm cheap. lol) Now it's this year's away kit.

Coincidentally, I can't recall last years British Rail Luminous Orange away keeper kit ever being used :ermm:

Bit pointless having an 'away' keeper kit if it doesn't get used :P

As for this years, it's a bit plain. It's nothing special to look at, but it's not completely hideous. It needs something to break up the vast expanse of green tho - lines or something. Get one of the keepers to lay flat on the floor, and people will think there's something wrong with the pitch lol

:laugh: :smile::thumbup:

I thought last years looked quite good - I was considering getting one later in the season, but the price never went down so I didn't bother (yes, I'm cheap. lol) Now it's this year's away kit.

Coincidentally, I can't recall last years British Rail Luminous Orange away keeper kit ever being used :ermm:

Bit pointless having an 'away' keeper kit if it doesn't get used :P

As for this years, it's a bit plain. It's nothing special to look at, but it's not completely hideous. It needs something to break up the vast expanse of green tho - lines or something. Get one of the keepers to lay flat on the floor, and people will think there's something wrong with the pitch lol

I seem to remember hearing that the reason the Orange kit didn't get worn was something to do with Douglas not wanting to due to religious reasons. Him being catholic and orange being a Protestant colour or something weird like that..

I seem to remember hearing that the reason the Orange kit didn't get worn was something to do with Douglas not wanting to due to religious reasons. Him being catholic and orange being a Protestant colour or something weird like that..

true story. i saw him at freemans park morrisons and asked him if it was true he said he refuses to wear orange due to religion.

was it compulsory at one time ( pre 1960s ) for all goalies to wear green and internationals yellow........

Good point that, I remember shouting to Peter Shilton way back when, 'that yellow jumper will be all yours soon Peter !' (circa 1971/2) and behold, it became so. !! lol but yes , that was my understanding at the time . Yellow for international duty, green for League duty.

i agree i dont think this seasons kit is very appealing, jjb are a bit of a let down in my opinion, maybe wont look to bad when its on but i dont think that the goalie's top is very nice.

Good point that, I remember shouting to Peter Shilton way back when, 'that yellow jumper will be all yours soon Peter !' (circa 1971/2) and behold, it became so. !! lol but yes , that was my understanding at the time . Yellow for international duty, green for League duty.

Can't you try shouting "That Alex Ferguson is after you Sylla!!" Hopefully that will come true as well!! :P:whistle:

The green one is the worst gk shirt in Leicester City History. Didnt mind the one walker is wearing and i like last years but that is shit as are jjb

Archived