Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
syston_fox

Promotion odds

I know that we've had the odds of us winning the league but couldnt recall seeing any promotion so:

Birmingham - Evens

West Brom - 5/4

Leeds - 7/4

Sunderland - 2/1

Palace - 9/4

Norwich - 11/4

Preston - 11/4

Southampton - 11/4

Coventry - 7/2

Wolves - 9/2

Leicester - 5/1

Cardiff - 7/1

Derby - 9/1

Hull - 11/1

Ipswich - 11/1

Luton - 11/1

Barnsley - 14/1

Plymouth - 14/1

Sheff Weds - 14/1

Stoke - 14/1

Burnley - 20/1

QPR - 20/1

Southend 25/1

Colchester - 33/1

These are the ladbrokes odds by the way

There's a little value in Southampton @ 11/4 with George Burley in charge.

I think Cardiff are overpriced @ 7/1 after they lost there top scorer last season.

I also think there's some value in Derby @ 9/1 as an outside bet. Billy Davies knows how to get results in this league. So it wouldnt suprise me if Derby did well this season.

Thats my ex-bookmakers opinion.....

13/2 - Betfred. Think i'll have a fiver on winning the league and a fiver on promotion (Possibly tenner)

Can't see us winning the league but a 20/1 its worth a couple of quid to a fiver just incase, As for promotion I wouldn't say we will but it is a realistic possiblity IMO...

Last season and the season before I put a fiver on each and before going into those season I had no hope, no belief, no expectations and I was right, going into this season I have a little more hope, belief, and expectation and feel we can get into the play-offs. I am looking at anything between a play-off place and top half finish.

Guest Gist

George Burley's a quality manager

I've got a feeling they will go up this year with Lowe out and like you say George Burley a quality manager.

does that make sense???? :blink:

I think he means decent price as in, the bookies think we will be challenging for promotion, and not that its a "good price" :ermm::thumbup:

So he didn't expect the bookies to give us much of a chance , but they have.

Now ive confused myself :Slol

I've got a feeling they will go up this year with Lowe out and like you say George Burley a quality manager.

I really think they will take the title this year. They were playing well towards the back end of last season and Burley has made some good signings so far in the close season. If they get those two players from Hearts who they're rumoured to be after then i think that will give them the squad depth needed to make them the main contenders.

I really think they will take the title this year. They were playing well towards the back end of last season and Burley has made some good signings so far in the close season. If they get those two players from Hearts who they're rumoured to be after then i think that will give them the squad depth needed to make them the main contenders.

we all know Hearts players dont win you titles.

I think he means decent price as in, the bookies think we will be challenging for promotion, and not that its a "good price" :ermm::thumbup:

So he didn't expect the bookies to give us much of a chance , but they have.

Now ive confused myself :Slol

thats what i meant, based on where we've finished the past 2 seasons and the fact we dont have any "stars" i expected them to give us longer odds

Even though we might not have a great squad and have had 2 really poor seasons, Leicester is a yo yo club, and no matter how bad we appear to be, no one would be surprised if we did get promoted, cos we've done it so many times before, and we will do it again sometime. (I just wish it would be this season!)

Thats why i said 11/4 is value for Southampton getting promoted.

I'm thinking about having a bet on Southampton.

Archived