Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

I promised myself I wouldn't....

Why do we do it? Every year we have a couple of good games in the friendlies. A couple of seasons ago, Dublin and Connolly couldn't stop scoring over the summer. Dion then proceeded to play the league season like it was a series of friendlies!

We looked good against Barcelona the other year - someone else on here mentioned Lilian Nalis's performance in that game, which was outstanding. We were rubbish that season.

Every year I promise myself that I won't go to a friendly game again. Will I be there against Real Sociedad? Probably.

Why do we do it? Every year we have a couple of good games in the friendlies. A couple of seasons ago, Dublin and Connolly couldn't stop scoring over the summer. Dion then proceeded to play the league season like it was a series of friendlies!

We looked good against Barcelona the other year - someone else on here mentioned Lilian Nalis's performance in that game, which was outstanding. We were rubbish that season.

Every year I promise myself that I won't go to a friendly game again. Will I be there against Real Sociedad? Probably.

Yeah i feel the same, i went to the inter game last season and it was a bag of balls tbh. Best friendly tho was clearly against barca. I remember saviola's goal quite well.

Yeah i feel the same, i went to the inter game last season and it was a bag of balls tbh. Best friendly tho was clearly against barca. I remember saviola's goal quite well.

Correct, with Dion and MDV starting up front we really didn't trouble them. Plus, did Materazzi not play in that game?

And Williams scored a good goal during a friendly last summer :P

Haha the pepsi max challenge has just sprung to mind!!! We won it lol. Who where the teams competing in it....i know maritimo did cant remember the other 2 tbh.

was that the pre-season tornament where were supposed to be playing boca juniors in it but they ended up canceling it? or was it just a friendly arranged? was looking forward to that game :(

Haha the pepsi max challenge has just sprung to mind!!! We won it lol. Who where the teams competing in it....i know maritimo did cant remember the other 2 tbh.

Us, Real Mallorca, Maritimo and East Bengal

We beat East Bengal 1-0 in our semi final - Super Trevor Benjamin got a penalty.

Then we beat Real Mallorca 4-2 in the final i think. I remember Williams scoring a cracker and Dublin and Connolly looking like a great partnership up front.

was that the pre-season tornament where were supposed to be playing boca juniors in it but they ended up canceling it? or was it just a friendly arranged? was looking forward to that game :(

Yeah they were meant to be in it but they cancelled at the last minute. I am embarrased to say i actually went to watch the tournament itself....i was that bored.

I remember telling everyone after the Barca game that Nallis was going to be our David Beckham. His range passing was inspirational genius.

Shame that never really took off. :(

...and that's putting it lightly. I've never witnessed a football being owned like Nalis owned that ball that game.

Archived