Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Kevin Pressman

Keeper Pressman forced to retire

Kevin Pressman

Pressman spent nine seasons at Sheffield Wednesday

Goalkeeper Kevin Pressman has retired following a 19-year career.

The 38-year-old former Sheffield Wednesday keeper said he had been forced into the decision after leaving Mansfield at the end of last season.

"There have been no phone calls, no offers to play football," he told the Sheffield Star.

"I can't sit around forever waiting for the phone to ring. They say don't pack football in too early; it seems football has packed me in."

Pressman spent nine years at Sheffield Wednesday, making over 400 appearances.

He also had spells at Stoke, West Brom, Leicester, Leeds, Coventry and Mansfield.

Forever a legend for his unbelievable slip against Preston :D:(:mad:

He also made the best save I have ever seen vs Ipswich at home.

Good career for a porky lad to be fair.

and Cardiff away when he kept us in the game with save after save!!!

great shot stopper just couldn't get off the ground

Guest Gist

I also remember him pulling of a top class save against Gillingham at there place it was a close range header.

A great moment was against Sheff Utd at home when we were clinging on to a 3-2 victory and he pulled out a super save deep into stoppage time.

I can remember that, it was a great save, the whistle went straight after it. :D

Give over he was never a legend and it's an insult to genuine LCFC legends to even think such a thing.

"A legend" is now an over used phrase in every day English language and Legend can be referred to Pressman due to his moments of humour and howlers as well as extraordinary saves.

"A legend" is now an over used phrase in every day English language and Legend can be referred to Pressman due to his moments of humour and howlers as well as extraordinary saves.

I don't think making stupid mistakes and the odd good save can make you a legend.

Players who gives years of loyal service to their club and are extremely talented can be called legends. Matt Le Tissier is an example, not Pressman unless you support SWFC.

I remember him making a very good save in Craig Levein's first home game in charge at the club against Coventry. I think we were already 3-0 up at the time but still a great save. He also made a cracking save in his first game for Leicester in a friendly at Barnsley. Very good shot stopper just lacked a lot of other skills that are required to be a great goalkeeper.

Haha pressman, what a guy:

Kevin Pressman is sent off after just 13 seconds, the new British record for fastest sending off (v Wolves)
Just found that on t'internet, anybody know what happened and how the fack he managed to get sent off so fast?!

Archived