Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

A picture you thought you'd never see

i dont have alot of time for momo sylla as when ive seen him he's been useless bar one vs sheff utd at home last season, if he can get his ideas up and attitude right he could become usefull and "do a kisnorbo" (turn it all round), now that i would love but if he plays as poor as i have seen him we need shot of quick.

I don't think, in my opinion, there was ever a question of Sylla not trying, it was just he wasn't good enough most of the time. The same goes with Hamill, he was crap but he tried.

afraid i have to disagree with you there mate. i think sylla showed glimpses of quality during last season, i.e intelligent play, little flicks etc. but this was hugely overshadowed by his disgusting lack of effort.

I remember the stoke away game in my mind, his effort level was disgraceful.

But... i did go to the hinckley game and yes he looks like a different player, full of running and even defending

afraid i have to disagree with you there mate. i think sylla showed glimpses of quality during last season, i.e intelligent play, little flicks etc. but this was hugely overshadowed by his disgusting lack of effort.

I remember the stoke away game in my mind, his effort level was disgraceful.

But... i did go to the hinckley game and yes he looks like a different player, full of running and even defending

Have to agree, his second half performance especially showed he is prepared to work and Mike Stowell made comment on the fact when Momo came off.

If the level of commitment shown by Josh Low was anything to go by, Momo will be in line before Low. He didn't want to challenge on the floor and definately not in the air (worried about the wisdom of going for him)

Sllya has tried in one game which was sheff utd away even though we lost, he showed he was a really good player but i guess this was why he has been such a disappointment last season just he seemed to stop caring and trying and where in the 1st game he just attacked the full back, he just seemed to stop and loose the confident to try and beat the full back and lacked motivation as alot of the players did under levein but now hes had a kick up the arse from kelly, we;ll have to wait and see, hopefully he plays like he did in the 1st game of last season all this season

MOMO, MOMO MOMO, MOMO SLLYA

hope he doesnt play let me down now and make me look stupid

I remember watching one game last season, I can't remember who against. He started off well, but then the fans got on his back, and it looked like it affected him really badly.

I remember being annoyed at the fans, who expected every little trick to come off EVERY time, it doesn't work like that, especially not at this level. We're Leicester City for fox sake. Teams need players that can probe and penetrate, but fans have to be patient and understand players have different styles and means of showing effort, not everyone bursts seven hundred blood vessels in their Dickov every game.

An 'acceptable' level of effort from players like Sylla and Williams will do for me, they have other talents that simple, hard working players don't. It's all a question of motivation, and what I've read about Momo in this thread is encouraging.

I remember watching the Sheff U game on tele and within the 1st couple of minutes he skinned their full back and put a quality ball in the box. I thought then that we had a steal from Celtic and someone who would help us towards the play offs.

I think after that he got injured, disillusion and lazy under Levein, this meant that the fans began to get on his back. he then went to the African Nations and spent the whole time over there on the bench. When he returened Kelly was the new manager. Kelly gave him a game (against Derby i think) and i didnt think he was terrible but the crowd were really against him. Dont think he played after that.

I feel that thus far Sylla's Leicester career has been stop/start. he definitely has more potential than the other players that were shunned during pre season (Hamill and De Vries) but I think its up to him to show that he has the right attitude and determination to warrant one last chance.

If the reports of the Hinckley game are true it atleast seems hes trying t get back in Kelly's good books

Archived